Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A good decision by ceroc which has made me an adherent

Blog Entries

Re: A good decision by ceroc which has made me an adherent

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    very nice story about your life improvements and how ceroc has played a big part in that

Martin...... I think Ceroc opens the door... the person himself/herself makes their life better.

Let me give you an example.. if you was a miserable sod... ceroc or no ceroc, you would still be a miserable sod.

As you are clearly not a miserable sod....and sorry for repeating myself but Ceroc have given you the base and you have made your life better because YOU have made your life better.... darling.... you are what you make yourself.. its nothing to do with Ceroc.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Let me give you an example.. if you was a miserable sod... ceroc or no ceroc, you would still be a miserable sod.
    I can vouch for the truth in this

Fluffy bunnies, fluffy bunnies, fluffy bunnies...

Also, is anyone else reminded of the "So apart from all that, what have the Romans done for us?" sketch?

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Martin...... I think Ceroc opens the door... the person himself/herself makes their life better.

As you are clearly not a miserable sod
    ....and sorry for repeating myself but Ceroc have given you the base and you have made your life better because YOU have made your life better.... darling.... you are what you make yourself.. its nothing to do with Ceroc.
    Now come on chelle you know i am a miserable sod i only smile when i see you

All joking apart it was dancing that has given me the confidence i now have without that i would still be in the same boring loveless relationship i was in before and without ceroc i wouldnt be dancing etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    I can vouch for the truth in this

Fluffy bunnies, fluffy bunnies, fluffy bunnies...

Also, is anyone else reminded of the "So apart from all that, what have the Romans done for us?" sketch?

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Well, obviously I wouldn't include any girls in that question.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Ceroc, as in the weekly classes they run so well (goodness, even Andy McG seems to be saying that! )
    And I believe he always has - don't believe the hype

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Upshot of it all was that the other guy was Mike Ellard and he let us in.
    Was it Stanley Baldwin who paid tribute to Mike Ellard as "a remarkable man" who made "great achievements".
    oh no my mistake he meant...er...someone else

Anyway thats it really, thought I would run this up the flagpole and see who salutes it.
    Oh nice shiny boots Dave. All together <click> now...hands out and up...

nah, better not

(did I take it too far ? I'll get DBs opinion on this post still being a technical Godwin)

Cool Re: A good decision by ceroc which has made me an adherent

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    I'll get DBs opinion on this post still being a technical Godwin)
    Technically not a Godwin as your words hinted in that direction, but nothing specific was mentioned.

This thread is therefore still good to go.... as you were, c'mon move along, there's nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    To be grateful for? Interesting thought. I learnt to dance through Ceroc but that doesn't make me eternally grateful to them.
    Grateful, yes, very grateful, for giving me the confidence to start out on something totally alien to me, go places in a friendly environment and feel totally at ease. Yes it was me that took the step, yes it was me that kept going, yes it was me that continued to push myself but it was Ceroc that made it all available to me. I have got a life outside of dancing, but my life is now very much enhanced because of it.

PS - I love Ceroc. I really do. The anticipation as I enter the door. Unfolding the card holder to reveal the black plastic card. Watching as it it scanned and hearing the welcome from the friendly door staff. Hearing the sounds of an exciting tune and wondering what the night might bring......giggles and laughter and general bonhomie. Halcyon days.
    It's a friendly old monster really.
    Last edited by JiveLad; 22nd-September-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post

What a very sad statement. Life is what you make it. Bit like dancing really. You get out what you put in. My life does revolve an awful lot around dancing and I love it. That's not to say my life was anywhere near dull before. Different but not dull.
    Sorry that you find my statement sad and I note that you to say that even though dance plays a large part in your life that your life was never dull before, that is good for you but I am not you and I have probably lived a completely different life, which you have absolutely no knowledge of so it would be impossible to judge whether the statement is sad or not. Anyway I am really happy right now and dance plays a large part in that, so I have positive feelings towards Ceroc because that was my entry into the world of dance. But what is really sad is how much time I am spending on this forum lately

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Anyway I am really happy right now and dance plays a large part in that, so I have positive feelings towards Ceroc because that was my entry into the world of dance.
    Me too - and I've no problem in saying I'm grateful to Ceroc as a whole for providing an easy entry point into dancing, neither do I see anything wrong with anyone else saying that.

Fluffybunniesfluffybunniesfluffybunniesfluffybunni esfluffybunniesfluffybunniesfluffybunnies....

And I also think Ceroc has been a great help in keeping the ideas of partner dancing alive during the dark days of the 1980s and 1990s; I remember when it was irredeemably naff to actually dance with a girl except to 10cc at the end of a disco.

So, again, a to Ceroc for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    But what is really sad is how much time I am spending on this forum lately

Me too - and I've no problem in saying I'm grateful to Ceroc as a whole for providing an easy entry point into dancing, neither do I see anything wrong with anyone else saying that.

Fluffybunniesfluffybunniesfluffybunniesfluffybunni esfluffybunniesfluffybunniesfluffybunnies....

And I also think Ceroc has been a great help in keeping the ideas of partner dancing alive during the dark days of the 1980s and 1990s; I remember when it was irredeemably naff to actually dance with a girl except to 10cc at the end of a disco.
    Obviously there exists no circumstances where Ceroc are 100% responsible for introducing people to dance. It requires at least some self effort as well. On the other hand, if somebody did get introduced to dance thru Ceroc, and then went on to really enjoy it, I would find it churlish of anybody to refuse to acknowledge that Ceroc played a part.
    I am certainly thankful to the owners of Ceroc South as it was back then.

Sounds like a Status Quo song, but 'nobody is an island'

As to ending discos slow dancing to 10cc. Oh My God, you must be around my age Mr. James
    Last edited by TA Guy; 22nd-September-2008 at 11:31 PM.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by TA Guy View Post
    As to ending discos slow dancing to 10cc. Oh My God, you must be around my age Mr. James
    It's just a silly phase I'm going through.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I remeber one weekender and for some reson barmpot hadn't got his wrist band sorted and he was sharing with me, Mike ended up at our appartment chequing somthing he was going to thow him out, when he relised he was sharing with me he let his stay, I think he thought the poor bloked sufferd enough having to share with me

Mike and Linda have also supported my children 100% but so have John and Wes, last Sept my mom was taken into hospital on the Thursday before I was due to go to SP on the Friday morning, I called John blarting down the phone, he said what the hec do you want me to do, havnt you got enough room in the appart for them, yes I said, bring 'em It took me 2 weeks to sort my wardrobe with accessories they were paked in 20 mins.

John rand back an hour later to say sorry Fletch....how your mom.
    This so, so, so doesn't surprise me. From my time working in neighbour mediation, so often, the neighbours had been good friends, sometime very good. Then, usually about 6 months previous, some really little incident was taken the wrong way, like returning a lawnmower a day late. This creates a little doubt, and the 'offended' party has a really little and trivial swipe back. The next 6 months finds them in an escalating insult race, until, finally, those two good friends totally and entirely hate each others' guts.

Talking to each individually verifies that they are reasonable people, that seems to fly in the face of the monster that they describe in their neighbour

Inevitably, the turning point (if it comes) in the mediation, is when one, or other party starts to look forward at options, and how things might be for them, rather than looking backwards, and blaming for their current and past situations.

This is with perfectly reasonable neighbours who did have a relationship that was never in the public domain, with no major money involved, and have a definite benefit to be gained from a decent relationship. For most of us, we are free to choose what relationships and how involved we want to be with those around us.

Sadly, it's almost always communication, and sound intention is generally tempered only by distrust.

Blog Entries

I remember when it was irredeemably naff to actually dance with a girl except to 10cc at the end of a disco.
    Quote Originally Posted by TA Guy View Post
    Sounds like a Status Quo song, but 'nobody is an island'
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    It's just a silly phase I'm going through.
    Here's an idea...

Why don't you 3 take your easy listening, middle of the road music & start up a new event. You could call it MORoc, or something...

Just take it somewhere away from me.

Blog Entries

Here's an idea...

Why don't you 3 take your easy listening, middle of the road music & start up a new event. You could call it MORoc, or something...
    I'm upset now.

Still, big boys don't cry.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Here's an idea...

Just take it somewhere away from me.
    Isnt that called Mariachi or something ?

Blog Entries

Still, big boys don't cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Isnt that called Mariachi or something ?
    I knew there was a reason hubby liked it. Me, I only go for the metal...

Blog Entries

So, back vaguely on-topic...

I also think it's fascinating to see the beneficial effect one dominant player can have on the dancing, on the culture, and on the teaching of a dance form.

In many ways, I think this "market leader" position has been positive; it's ensured a reasonable (or at least a consistent) standard of teaching, it's helped to create and define a uniquely friendly culture, and it allows a lot more mobility between venues.

As far as I know, Ceroc is unique in the partner dance world - I can't think of any other equivalent commercial organisation.

Thread Information