Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kirriemuir Blues Weekender - the aftermath

Re: Kirriemuir Blues Weekender - the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    Yes that was me!!

I dont dance in Scotland so i wont be at the Hogmanay Party but hopefully see you soon!
    so what was it you were doing with Trampy and all those other boys then?!?!?

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    so what was it you were doing with Trampy and all those other boys then?!?!?
    i meant on a regular basis!

In no particular order (how can you order this list?)

• Teaching level - Astranomically good (Everyone already envies us for having you Franck and Sheena - now some of them know why we boast about you so much )

• Sheena and Trampy and their playlists - In classes of their own as usual!

• Patio Floor - creation and availability for smooth dancing - thanks Stairman

• Lighting - the Blues room and Patio were spectacular - thanks for all the effort you put in

• Dances - not giving names - pick yourselves out from the Message in a Bottle thread - and add your own messages too (Franck can you bluetack the thread to the top of the forum.... It might get a lot more use if it was permanently visable? )

• Atmosphere: Hilarity * Energy * Dance = Organised Chaos Only with the Outrageously strict hand of Franck and Sheena (along with a few bottles of Champagne and a lot of Punch) would this combination ever have worked - but it does (and regularly)

Cheers Whitetiger

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post

Thanks to donna for the oils, i actually started to hear better within a few hours.
    Glad I could help, didn't want you to miss out on all the fun we were having. After all we were all so well behaved and quiet without you

Shame we have to wait for the hotel to refurbish for the next one, can't wait to see what Franck has up his sleeve for next years focus weekends, hopefully it will include the sunshine and outside dance floor.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

I know its slightly further away but is Franck not holding the next ones in Inverness. That could be fun. You know how mad that lot are!!

I think i was still being pretty well behaved in spite of my ear!

Finally getting round to saying how much we enjoyed the weekend, despite me having done my back in the day before it started. Aall I was good for was swaying from side to side, which isn't a huge problem for a blues weekend!

On the way home we were saying that Kirriemuir is probably our fave event, due to the great atmosphere during the workshops, parties and meals, where general hilarity reigns.

Although we've done a fair amount of blues, there was a lot of good stuff to pick up on from Franck and Sheena's great teaching (we miss you guys!), and dancing under the stars really is the most wonderful experience. Well done stairman for a fantastic job, despite the 2am dash to aberdeen for screws...

Some great new music over the weekend. Pretty please can you post the playlists TB?

It's such a shame that the hotel's having to close for refurb, but hopefully there will still be focus weekends at other venues until it opens again. At least we've got an Inverness weekend in November to look forward to, hurrah.

Finally thanks to Nessiemonster for the company and interesting (!) conversations on the way there and back...

A great big thanks to everyone who made the weekend such fun. I never felt 'on my own' all weekend and enjoyed all the chats and giggles loads.

The dancing was fantastic - a huge big thanks to all those lovely boys for all the lovely dances - I'm a definite blues convert now and can't wait to do it again.

The teaching was amazing and an enormous thanks to Franck and Sheena not just for the teaching but for setting the tone for a super time.

Mark - hope to dance with you again at Hogmanay.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

Thread Information