Thread: Ebay reporting problem

Ebay reporting problem

I purchased some GHD hair straighteners off ebay about April and after 2 weeks of receiving the item they malfunctioned. I sent them to GHD to be repaired and they were returned to me claiming that they could not be fixed as they were counterfeit goods.

I have just been informed by my mate that I could raise this to ebay and highlight the person that sold me the items. the only problem is I cant seem to find a way how to do it. When I try and report it on the web site an error message comes up saying the product No not recognised as it has been wiped off they system/sale has ended, and therefore I am unable to send the issue.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Re: Ebay reporting problem

It sounds like the seller has been removed from Ebay. Can you click on the seller name (you might find it under feedback if he left you some)

Did you pay by paypal? You should be able to raise a claim through them if you did.

The guy didn't leave me any feed back but I am pretty sure I left him some, and I am tying to find past reports of leaving feedback.

I have heard I could claim back but I think I have exceeded the claim back date, it is just now to highlight the dangers of this seller.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

There is a possibility he didn't know they were fake. Was he selling lots of them?

he wasn't seeling lots of them but some people have posted comments on his profile claiming they have been sold fake goods. So I'm not the only one who's been bumped off!

Why cant ebay cease accounts of this people?

Commercial Operator

If you bought these goods in April they will no longer be a listed item on ebay. Therefore there's nothing you can do via the normal feedback system on ebay regarding this item. The transaction was between you and the seller. You need to contact the seller. You can do this via ebay if that person is still a member.

I buy and sell a bit on ebay and find that many types of people sell. A tiny minority are dishonest. Most are not. Some are dreamers and bid too much and change their minds. Some are dreamers and expect too much and get quite stroppy when they don't get what they think they should. Most people realise that the price is the price.

Fake goods will find their way onto ebay like they will find their way into any market place. It's up to the buyer to beware and report it to ebay in a timely fashion.

Thread Information