Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Southport suggestions

Re: New Southport suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    It goes without saying that Mike can't overhaul the chalets and put a damp course in the Latin room as part of the w/e. But he is charging a fairer price and I think that goes someway to reducing people's expectations of luxury accomodation.
    I don't think anyone has expectations of luxury accomodation at a Pontins, though I don't mind paying a wee bit more for slightly better accomodation. (Always booked club at SP.)

With the elec included, towels provided, earlier check in etc, Club seemed worth the little bit extra. But I guess you could still get a damp/dirty chalet.

I notice that if I booked the same level of accomodation for Blush as I usually stay in - 3 females in Club 2 bedroom - its the same price (£139 pp) and as I always got the discount it would actually cost me £20 more to go in Jan than I just paid for this past weekend.
    Last edited by Lynn; 16th-September-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I don't think anyone has expectations of luxury accomodation at a Pontins, though I don't mind paying a wee bit more for slightly better accomodation. (Always booked club at SP.)

I notice that if I booked the same level of accomodation for Blush as I usually stay in - 3 females in Club 2 bedroom - its the same price (£139 pp) and as I always got the discount it would actually cost me £20 more to go in Jan than I just paid for this past weekend.
    I just had a look on the Blush website and it seems that for me to book the same chalet as usual it would actually be £20 more expensive per person based on 3 sharing a 2 bed chalet. It also looks like there are options to get 8 staying in the same chalet but I am sure that I must be reading this wrong; though the low price might sugest otherwise.

As gay as it may sound, I would always advise the use of some form of shower sandal for use in any holiday resort room.
    Good advice!

I have now perfected the art of flip flop arranging. It's an ancient chinese art of arranging flip flops on the bathroom floor so that you can step straight into them from the shower with a gracious ease

Can't remember the name of the art now

With the elec included, towels provided, earlier check in etc, Club seemed worth the little bit extra. But I guess you could still get a damp/dirty chalet.
    I am starting to think I have some kind of OCD. I could never bring myself to even use the towels that they provide.

My usual routine is to:
    1. Sterilise most of the cutlery, glasses, plates etc that I think i will use as soon as I get there

2. Dress the sofa with the spare sheets for the bed that they provide as I can only guess what has soaked into those chairs over the years.

3. Whip out my sleeping bag so I dont have to sleep directly on their beds

Right now I am looking into a sealed bubble that I can live inside on a day to day basis.

The other problem with SP is the room demographics. SP has the highest number of Budgets and the lowest number of Clubs and Classic chalets of any other Pontins that is used for dance weekenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    3. Put as many of the fans as possible in a slightly elevated position - by that I mean at around chest height. I know this wont be possible for all or even most of the fans in use but a few elevated fans in each room would be great as it makes cooling off so much easier. You could at least put some fans on the edge of each stage facing the dance floor.
    Fans

don't do it.

I've never been... are you saying there are/were NO fans in the Blues room at all?? No wonder people always seemed to complain about the heat - and that should be an easy problem to solve.

I agree with DB, about skirt height is best..
    I did a 'Marolin Monrow' each time I walked past one in the main room.

you don't need fans in the blues room all the doors are open, and it will be Jan/Feb we will freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    The Latin room smelt awful this time so Ceroc might want to invest in some air freshners. :

I only went in for Raffs birthday.

its not my place, yuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pants View Post
    ...... The level of filth really was much higher this time.
    lucky you., I didn't get any filth this SP I decided to give it up

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post
    I've not found the heat in the blues room to be a problem.
    I havn't

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    You are being very polite Cruella - I couldn't even stay in there the smell was so bad - they need to clean or get rid of those carpets
    I think its the carpets.

As gay as it may sound,

Tune in tomorrow for advice on lavatory rolls, face cream and kitchen accoutremon..
    your a night mare, G.A.Y. as it sounds I'll set some of the 'Flecherett's' on you.

Kitchen accputremon....what like a wooden spoon

The other problem with SP is the room demographics. SP has the highest number of Budgets and the lowest number of Clubs and Classic chalets of any other Pontins that is used for dance weekenders.
    I was very happy in room 324, did I mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by DS87 View Post
    I just had a look on the Blush website and it seems that for me to book the same chalet as usual it would actually be £20 more expensive per person based on 3 sharing a 2 bed chalet. It also looks like there are options to get 8 staying in the same chalet but I am sure that I must be reading this wrong; though the low price might sugest otherwise.
    I always find the ceroc booking sytem a bit complicated with the 6 females 1 male or 4 males 3 females etc

At present you have

1 female on hold
    4 females on hold
    5 females on hold
    5 females on hold
    6 females on hold
    6 females on hold
    6 females on hold
    7 females on hold
    7 females on hold
    7 females on hold
    8 females on hold

Maybe they need to consider more female toilets ?? That’s a lot of women on hold ??

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    I am starting to think I have some kind of OCD. I could never bring myself to even use the towels that they provide.
    They always seem perfectly clean. I do bring my own pillowcase though.

I'm careful about hand hygiene etc (washing my hands before eating - eg I wouldn't dance, and go and grab cake - I'd make sure I washed my hands in between) but not as worried about the the sofas, beds etc.
    Last edited by Lynn; 16th-September-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Why go there then?

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post

Maybe they need to consider more female toilets ?? That’s a lot of women on hold ??

I like that

Quote Originally Posted by tsh View Post
    Why go there then?
    Just to upset you..

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    ..I was very happy in room 324, did I mention it...
    You did, but last time you mentioned it was a different room number..

...I have had room 234 for a long time and every one knows how to find me, this make a real differnce to my SP
    Make your flippin' mind up!

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

You did, but last time you mentioned it was a different room number..

Make your flippin' mind up!
    234 is Fletch's chalet and 324 is for her clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    234 is Fletch's chalet and 324 is for her clothes.

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    3. Put as many of the fans as possible in a slightly elevated position - by that I mean at around chest height. I know this wont be possible for all or even most of the fans in use but a few elevated fans in each room would be great as it makes cooling off so much easier. You could at least put some fans on the edge of each stage facing the dance floor.
    Please don't - I don't want dusty air blowing in my eyes.
    I did a 'Marolin Monrow' each time I walked past one in the main room.
    That's only because people aim them skywards to dry clothing and leave them pointing upwards.

My understanding is that they're designed to blow air horizontally to ventilate the dance floor. Using them as personal clothes dryers is all very well (and I did it myself a couple of times), but it's unkind to everyone else to leave the fans like that.
    Love dance, will travel

Don't use the present Blues room for pub quizzes etc.. I am well up for pub quizzes at Camber etc but if this was done at SP this would spoil SP in my opinion.... Keep the Blues room for 24 hour freestyle dancing like it should be

They always seem perfectly clean. I do bring my own pillowcase though.

I'm careful about hand hygiene etc (washing my hands before eating - eg I wouldn't dance, and go and grab cake - I'd make sure I washed my hands in between) but not as worried about the the sofas, beds etc.
    Hand hygene is a good idea, I thought the anti bacterial hand cleanser wall dispensers at Hayling Island were a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    Don't use the present Blues room for pub quizzes etc.. I am well up for pub quizzes at Camber etc but if this was done at SP this would spoil SP in my opinion.... Keep the Blues room for 24 hour freestyle dancing like it should be

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    I am amazed that it took a resident complaint before they spotted it. They must just vacuum (if indeed they do that at all) AROUND the furniture

The chalet I was in this weekend was bad. Possibly the worst I have been in.

It takes an expert level of coordination and balance to walk around without my bare feet touching the floor

This is the one thing I am most definately not going to miss about Pontins. Yuk
    The chalet we had & others was a joke................
    This venue has gone so far down hill since June, even Eddy The Eagle is thinking of a come back this winter.
    Pontins is so Hi Di Hi, you should read Shane Ritchies days at Pontins, aint changed much!!
    No Toilet Rolls provided (rumour has it there was enough sh.t before the weekend, it was used all up)
    No Towels in room
    No Sheets in room
    Everything dirty
    Dont look under the bed!
    The settee was just black with dirt!!!
    One chalet had running oil in their oven and boy did it stink when turned on
    Everything smelt bad!
    The floors, when were they ever cleaned?
    The carpet in the Main Dance room, was so black! Has it ever been cleaned this year.

I wonder if any one would dare do a sample of that venue or chalets.
    They did one on a Underground Train seat a few years back, tests results were unblievable
    Urine and all sorts, I bet this camp would add more to that test
    I think all dancers should be vacinated, told the venue is a health risk AND everyone on arrival being given rubber gloves

Such a dump
    Such a run down camp.
    Curtains rank
    Windows with unbelievable smears
    Tv's that dont work
    The shower, we had a walk in one, it flooded the whole bathroom
    AND it was one of the TOP chalets too, so what the cheap ones like, no I dont want to think, I saw one in June, now way!

One of the Pontins staff said due to cut backs, what the cleaners generally do, is when they open the chalet door after a guest (prisoner have better conditions in jail) leaves, if its looks tidy they go on to next one. They should go back but, well what do you think!
    If someone is missing an item, they find a spare chalet and raid that and so on,
    And the food, well forget that crap, Pontins food is Pontins food!!

Strange site of a coffin back stage too with 09 on it!! Wonder what it was doing there?
    Best bits was the beach and that had cars being towed away after being bogged down...... were they escaping Pontins too or being held back?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Hi Di Hi,
    Err, Hi.

Thread Information