Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: New Southport suggestions

Talking Re: New Southport suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post

I think the problem here might be that Genevive and Jive Junkie seem to prefer really fast music (up around the 150 bpm or higher mark) and you aren't going to get whole lot of music played of that sort of tempo at Southport or I suspect at any MJ week-ender, and if you did then I suspect an awful lot of other attendees would be pretty unhappy about it.
    Let me tell you a short story!
    I wouldn't have to if people read the previous quotes (not being rude)

About 8 months ago I introduced genevieve to rock and roll and she took to it like the proverbial duck!
    I, Myself have been rocking & rolling (and doing the real jive) for about 30...ish years, I've also been cerocing for 5, trying to dance the blues for about 3, been to 6 Escape weekenders and been a Taxi! In short I love Ceroc at all tempos, I also love a multitude of other music-genres from Northern Soul, to country, to cajun and folk.

I would say that I like to dance to anything from less than 100bpm to infinity, OK, Genevieve likes it a bit faster!- most people who know me....well know me!

The original thread as I have said several times was asking for suggestions for Southport. I made one I think!! thats all.

It is NOT a problem, all I said is I would like to hear something a bit more up-tempo at a dance weekender....occasionally!!

Re: New Southport suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Given the success of Breeze and the fact now Bliss is sold out , whats the bet Feb Southport will be sold out ??
    While Ceroc marketing will sell a few places by implying Blush @ Ainsdale Feb is going to sell out because Bliss @ Camber Nov sold out, in other ways one doesn't really follow the other:-

• Attendance @ Camber is strikingly local (as in south of the Thames).

• I understand Ceroc ran 2 major Camber weekenders in 2006 and 2007 and JiveTime ran 3 @ Camber and Bognor

• If so that is a significant contraction in major weekender capacity from 5->3 in 2008. While always impressive to sell out a winter weekender there is only one now between summer and Christmas

• Outside the South London area, Ceroc only have/had 1 major weekender this year, yet it didn't appear to sell out

• Next year, outside the South London area, Ceroc will have 5 major weekenders (assuming there is a Breeze 2009)
    Last edited by frodo; 16th-October-2008 at 08:50 PM.

Re: New Southport suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Jivejunkie View Post

It is NOT a problem, all I said is I would like to hear something a bit more up-tempo at a dance weekender....occasionally!!

On thing about modern jive weekenders is they the have scale which potentially permits a lot of variety.

You can do an awful lot with a venue that has supported 4 freestyle rooms.

Thread Information