Thread: Come M-Jive'in Munich!!

Arrow Come M-Jive'in Munich!!

Hello sturdy dance folk! This is - I hope - not an advertisement but an invitation...

Having lived here in Munich for three years, and many an evening mourned the lack of Cerocability in this fine city, I've decided to start something myself. That's what it's come to.

Does anyone fancy coming over for a visit and an access-all-areas pass to Munich's newest dance (though they don't know it yet!)...M-Jive? Rock-on.

My first weekly venue nights begin on Mon 13th and Tues 14th October, to which you're cordially invited. Both venues are really nice, very central...and you'll have plenty of space and wide-eyed onlookers to impress (really....these Bavarians don't know what's about to hit them - their idea of a pretzel is something doughey that you munch with a sausage and a mug of beer).

The weekend before my 'launch' (11th and 12th Oct) is, of course, Breeze...but maybe some will be tempted by the charms of the white sausage and the wheat beer over the brown sands of Somerset...what do I know? I'll of course be arranging group visits to suitable clubs, outrageous parties and maybe the odd public performance.

EasyJet still has return flights from Edinburgh and Stanstead for under £100. A nice, incredibly central hostel (Euro Youth Hostel) has offered us a rate of €20.50 per person in a 3-bed room...although there are lots of other options too.

At this time of year, the city is recovering from Oktoberfest (which, despite its name, takes place over the last 2 weeks of September) and not quite ready for the Christmas markets and gluhwein. Paul Weller is playing on the Saturday, whilst Sunday's highlights are Lord of the Dance and the Munich Marathon.

You are needed! Please post any comments or suggestions you have. I'm sure this won't be the first time that I try to arrange something like this and I guess it's fairly last minute...you're welcome anytime.

Cheers - or as they say over here - Servus!!

Jol
    jol(at)m-jive.de

Re: Come M-Jive'in Munich!!

Well......yes.....

I've been to Munich twice in the last 18 months - and intended to dance each time........

The first time it was a disaster (well not quite) - but it didn't happen - see Ceroc Mad Jive Lad: Search results for sociaphobia

The second time earlier this year - they had changed the day of the week (I naively thought it would still be Friday).

Anyway - Munich is a brilliant city - very good indeed: fresh air/clean etc. I love being there.

So I assume that this is not Club 24? Is Club24 Jive still going?

Good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by jolontour View Post
    Hello sturdy dance folk! This is - I hope - not an advertisement but an invitation...

Having lived here in Munich for three years, and many an evening mourned the lack of Cerocability in this fine city, I've decided to start something myself. That's what it's come to....
    big, big sigh.

"Ceroc' is a trade mark. I suspect that it is Modern Jive you have been missing.

Most search engines will find www.modernjive.com, which has a list of many MJ venues around the world, including Munich, and a search on www.youtube.com has a few hits on 'Munich jive', present status unknown to me.

I wish you well.

Hope it goes well for you.

I love Munich and the surrounding area's such as Garmisch, Oberammergau etc.
    My partner's daughter is intending to move there in the very near future so having somewhere to dance when we visit will be a huge bonus.

Viel glück und vieler Spass

prost

My head office is in Munich, have been there a few times and never found anywhere to dance.

I have some friends who might be interested who live in Munich, will pass the info on.

Hopefully this will work out well, so by my next trip I will have somewhere to dance

Good luck

Come M-Jive'in Munich!! - you lovely people!!

Helloooo Little Possums!!!

And thank you so much for the cool and supportive comments.

@Jive Lad….yes, you certainly live up to your blog-name. I thought I was jive mad (seeking out venues in the UK far and wide at every trip home), but you’re completely bonkers. And I’m sure you’ll take that as the compliment it was intended to be.

I had the same disappointing experience with the said dance venue...and one might say that the website in question is out of date, misleading, or both. No, Club24 is no longer going. (If it was, and if it hit my buttons, I would never have chosen to set out on this mad cap venture of my own!!)

@bigdjiver, my good chap, don’t breathe any big sighs on my account, I beg of you ;-) …Ceroc is a registered name!?!?! Darn it, you’re right! But ‘modern-jive-ability’ didn’t have the same crunch to this poet’s finely tuned sensibilities! See above for the current state of play at the Munich venue listed at modernjive.com or dug up by Google.

And to all of you above posters…it would be great to see you, your friends, colleagues, lovers, daughters, mothers-in-law (am I beginning to sound desparate?!)…you know the rest... I'm here.

I’m running taster classes on September 17, 18, 22, 24 and Oct 1st…all 8 to 9.30. My cruddy home made website (please don’t laugh too much) will be showing these dates very soon…! I'm not allowed to post web links but (don't say anything to anyone) it's the three ws, then m-jive and then de with dots inbetween!! (Rebel to the last.)

Cheers, Prost, Zum Wohl, and upyerbum

The Jolster (not)

Thread Information