Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama - gives me the creeps

Re: Obama - gives me the creeps

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I believe that he will win for the wrong reasons. I believe that he will win because he is african american rather than for what he can do for America.

Thoughts guys?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7586375.stme
    As a past political activist (on both international and Australian national issues), I've been following the US campaign trail closely for the last couple of years or so.

And what creeps ME out is when some people wonder if Obama will win because he is black, and not because of he is a better man to lead America than McCain... without actually asking the question, IS he the better man (or not)?

He's certainly a better orator, and a more inspiring leader - even the Republicans say that. They claim that Obama has no policies, but they cannot refute the fact that he has PRINCIPLES - something that's been lacking in the current US Administration for the last 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble
    What previous experience does this man have to hold the position of president of the united states of america?
    So... why haven't you asked the same question of McCain?

I dont want anybody to take this the wrong way or feel im being racist or feel offended by what im about to say...
    If you don't treat the candidates equally, Trouble, it gets creepy indeed...

Commercial Operator Swinging bee's Avatar

Obama gives me the creeps eh!

Yes he does a bit, can a polititian really be that honest? I always thought that truth and politics were not the same bedfellows....

Also, Mc Cain is a little strange, "something of the night about him". loooks like someone who lives underground and takes on Superman!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, Sarah Palin gives me the creeps:

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/4...ahpalinla4.png

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ronde! View Post
    And what creeps ME out is when some people wonder if Obama will win because he is black,
    They claim that Obama has no policies, but they cannot refute the fact that he has PRINCIPLES - something that's been lacking in the current US Administration for the last 8 years.
    So... why haven't you asked the same question of McCain?

If you don't treat the candidates equally, Trouble, it gets creepy indeed...

Ronde....... why does it creep you out if somebody questions why a black man would win when all the advertisements dont say, Obama, wot a great guy, obama what fantastic policies... they all say FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT....

My original posts asked why is this relevant. Its not relevant and should not even be mentioned. He doesn't creep me out because he is black or because he will or might win cause he is black, he creeps me out because he does have nothing in way or policies, he is or appears to be this perfect american family which we all know will no doubt have holes in it or some woman will make a hole in it and its just so false and cheesy. But as somebody else pointed out, what american president isn't false and cheesy.

Despite this, I like her - she's clearly got a lot of spunk, and if she came to St. Albans Ceroc - and asked for a dance, I would definitely give her one.

(Don't agree with some of her views, but I'm sure I could get her to change and see sense).
    Last edited by JiveLad; 1st-September-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Americans often react badly to outside advice on their presidents, so if we want them to make a rational decision in their own best interests, we should probably not mention the election.

I'm really looking forward to the Joe Biden v Sarah Palin TV debate. I think it could be mildly entertaining.

Not that it is at all relevant to the election, but her 17 year old duaghter - Bristol Palin, is 5 months pregnant. And she seems quite pleased with it. The lucky father is planning to marry Bristols - and work part time as an intern in Sarah Palin's office.

Ronde....... why does it creep you out if somebody questions why a black man would win when all the advertisements dont say, Obama, wot a great guy, obama what fantastic policies... they all say FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT....
    Are you sure you're watching the correct election? The "advertisements" I've seen for Obama say "CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN"... and he's clearly a great guy with many good policies. Heck, even if he had NO policies, some might argue that would be better than signing up America to BAD policies. *coff* weaponsofmassdestruction *coff* detainingpeopleforeightyearswithoutcharge *coff* habeuscorpus *coff* tortureofdetainees
    My original posts asked why is this relevant. Its not relevant and should not even be mentioned. He doesn't creep me out because he is black or because he will or might win cause he is black, he creeps me out because he does have nothing in way or policies, he is or appears to be this perfect american family which we all know will no doubt have holes in it or some woman will make a hole in it and its just so false and cheesy. But as somebody else pointed out, what american president isn't false and cheesy.
    The fact is, Obama has some GREAT policies, which refocus on basics like education, health and welfare, while moving away from the massive commercial and military interests that have been the powerful backers of the Republicans. That sounds like positive change indeed.

For you to find it "creepy" that he seems to have a good family (and you're waiting for holes to be shot in that) says more about your prejudices and expectations than it does about his qualities. I suppose you find Palin's family so much more appealing, since her family has a few problems, eh? What an odd way to choose your alliances - the better they are, the more creepy you find them... ROFL.

That might explain why you don't seem to have issues with the fraught Bush administration, and the prospect of THAT level of imperfection - or should I say incompetence - continuing for another term or two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ronde! View Post
    blah blah blah blah blah.
    At the end of the day, they are all liars and cheats. Politicians that is. He comes accross as a creep to me and i worry that he could be running the USA. Not cause he comes accross as a creep but because of his inexperience and his continued grin as they spend money promoting his ridiculous ass. Still, lets watch that space and see.

Commercial Operator Swinging bee's Avatar

At the end of the day, they are all liars and cheats. Politicians that is. He comes accross as a creep to me and i worry that he could be running the USA. Not cause he comes accross as a creep but because of his inexperience and his continued grin as they spend money promoting his ridiculous ass. Still, lets watch that space and see.
    Hear Hear !

After a quick meet-and-greet with King Abdullah, Obama was off to Israel, where he made a quick stop at the manger in Bethlehem where he was born." --Jon Stewart, on Barack Obama's Middle East trip

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post

The Innuits are the native eskimos in Alaska.

They are not treated very well by the whites.

I hope she hasn't been exploiting the Innuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post

Well the ethics probe was about how she was using her influence to get someone out of a job who had refused to fire someone else who was causing hassle in the divorce with her sister......

Turns out she was a former member of Alaskan Independence Party which wanted to break away from the USA.................

Obama can't hold a candle to Palin in the 'creeps' department.

She doesn't care about the environment, she supports the war in Iraq (it's god's will, you know) and she is a religious conservative and a gun nut BUT her unmarried 17 year old daughter is pregnant by her boyfriend. Think that will make any conservative politicians view 17 year old working class single mums with any more sympathy?

Read an article in which someone said that Matt Groening's characters are literally coming to life now.

Not cause he comes accross as a creep but because of his inexperience and his continued grin as they spend money promoting his ridiculous ass.
    What's ridiculous about Obama's donkey?

(Thinks: I didn't even know he had a donkey...)

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post

Read an article in which someone said that Matt Groening's characters are literally coming to life now.
    Yeah - it's going in that direction: the father of Bristol's child to be claims to be 'redneck' on his MySpace page - and says "don't **** with me"....as well as that he doesn't want kids.

Oh - and he will be turning up at the convention tonight - should be entertaining..............

Commercial Operator

Obama & Bush are related!!

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post

Sorry - my understanding is that eskimo is the overall name for the indigenous people of north america, and that Inuit is the name for one of the "tribes", and that some of the others (such as the Aleuts) get rather upset to be called an Inuit; they'd rather be called an eskimo.

I think Sarah Palin's husband is at least part Inuit - so I don't think she can really be accused of this.

(I'm interested in why you think the Inuit haven't been treated very well by the whites - what has the "white man" done wrong? Although this is probably one for another thread)

From this morning's newspapers:

“What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?”

“One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

“The other kills her own food.”

-------------

I like Sarah Palin and what she has achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    I like Sarah Palin and what she has achieved.
    Let's not forget she's homophobic; you fancy her, but that doesn't make her a nice person (whose foreign policy experience consists of one brief trip to Iraq and one brief trip to Canada)

The Bilerico Project | McCain picks Alaska governor Sarah Palin for VP slot

Thread Information