Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junior member here I come...

Junior member here I come...

I feel quite honoured to be a "junior member". What, quite, does this mean?

Is it because I am under 50?
    Is it because I an new to the system, so when do I become "senior"?

Suggestions on a post card!

Richard

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it would be fun to see what those suggestions are, let us know if you do get any postcards
    The Junior member means that you have properly registered, and that you have posted a minimum of 0 posts.
    After 50 posts, you become a Member. Once you reach 100 posts, you become a Senior member... Though I am not sure anyone will want to reach that, so if you can think of better titles, I might change them to something more suitable.
    Let me have your suggestions for titles

Cheers,

Franck.

Thanks Franck,

Where I work, I used to be a principle engineer. We have just had a name change and now I am a "principle contributor", or I usually say "principle non-contributor"

I think it is a bit confusing with age...as I think that I was asked if I was under 13 at some point (or was that at some other web site?). I will start the ball rolling with "newish", "virgin", "experienced", "geek"?!

Off dancing now....

Richard

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by crjohnson
    Where I work, I used to be a principle engineer. We have just had a name change and now I am a "principle contributor", or I usually say "principle non-contributor"
    Off dancing now....
    Ha, I am assuming that you meant a Principal engineer (ie main engineer) as opposed to a principle engineer, whereby you would be engineering principles... Hmmm now that sounds quite fun... I am sure some of my principles could do with a bit of engineering
    Say someone objects to your products on principle, you could have a team of engineers working on them... Oh hold on, that's what the marketing / pr / spin doctor departments do already

Sorry I could not resist.
    Titles are a funny thing though, and I am not sure I like mine on this board: "Administrator", it sounds a bit too serious.

Enjoy the dancing.
    Unfortunately, as my two boys have caught a nasty bug today (high fever, and worse...), it looks like Barbara and I will be stuck home tonight... I am really disappointed as I was looking forward to the Dundee party.
    I apologize to anyone, whom I had promised a dance to.

Cheers,

Franck.

The principAL of my old school would, in principLE consider your principAL thought a principLE to be agreed with!

However I is only a inguneer wat carnt spell knaw doo grammer.

Richard

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Unhappy VERY, VERY LATE!

Hi Franck,

I'm glad I started to read this new thread as you weren't half going to get some stick for standing us all up in Dundee. How you could have lived with yourself for disappointing so many ladies is beyond me!
    However, as your children were unwell, you are forgiven and we will all just have to contain ourselves until the next party.

It was a great night ( as usual! - this was the colour of my face by the end of the night!). Only thing is that when the parties finish at midnight I just don't want to go home. Problem was solved with a relaxing coffee and chat in the nearby "Hilton" - must be getting old - think the youngsters went off to a nightclub

HA! you beat me to it Sheena :p But would we *lovely* Dundonians give Franck a hard time because he failed to attend a fantastic evening (with the nicest women :p ) in Dundee? Of Course not!.....well only because you had a good excuse! :p
    No worries, looks like we'll just need to catch you at the PINK party on Saturday.
    Looks like i'll be able to come after all, and i've been assured by Sheena that your directions have been accurate in the past, so here's hoping!!! I maybe have someone to help me navigate but that really all depends on if he is brave enough to get in my car!! haha

Hope you boys feel better soon

filthycute x x

An Eclectic Toaster
    Originally posted by crjohnson
    Thanks Franck,

I think it is a bit confusing with age...as I think that I was asked if I was under 13 at some point (or was that at some other web site?). I will start the ball rolling with "newish", "virgin", "experienced", "geek"?!

Off dancing now....

Richard
    Franck,

following on from a suggestion you made to me earlier,

How about "Provisional License", "Private Hire", "Taxi" and, erm, "Bus" ?

SWM

Blog Entries

Red face Re: VERY, VERY LATE!

Originally posted by Sheena
    I'm glad I started to read this new thread as you weren't half going to get some stick for standing us all up in Dundee. How you could have lived with yourself for disappointing so many ladies is beyond me!
    However, as your children were unwell, you are forgiven and we will all just have to contain ourselves until the next party.
    Well, Barbara and I were all set to go, until our youngest, Christopher, started with a high temperature on Thursday. Things got worse on the Friday for him and his brother who got the same. Neither of them slept much over the last few nights and as a result, neither did we. I was sorry to miss the party, but there was no way we could have left them as they were...
    It was a great night ( as usual! - this was the colour of my face by the end of the night!). Only thing is that when the parties finish at midnight I just don't want to go home. Problem was solved with a relaxing coffee and chat in the nearby "Hilton" - must be getting old - think the youngsters went off to a nightclub
    Sounds good
    I often feel like the Hilton (Dundee or Glasgow)/ Sheraton (in Edinburgh) are just the right type of place for chilling out after a good night dancing... but then again, maybe I too am getting older

Cheers,

Franck.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by filthycute
    HA! you beat me to it Sheena :p But would we *lovely* Dundonians give Franck a hard time because he failed to attend a fantastic evening (with the nicest women :p ) in Dundee? Of Course not!.....well only because you had a good excuse! :p
    No worries, looks like we'll just need to catch you at the PINK party on Saturday.
    Looks like i'll be able to come after all, and i've been assured by Sheena that your directions have been accurate in the past, so here's hoping!!! I maybe have someone to help me navigate but that really all depends on if he is brave enough to get in my car!! haha

Hope you boys feel better soon
    Thanks filthycute, they are still not great, and I probably will have to take the doctor's tomorrow

Re. the PINK party, that's great news, and I promise you a dance or 2...

Re. the nicest women being in Dundee, well that could open an interesting discussion thread...

See you Saturday (I'll be wearing pink)

Franck.

Fred Astaire?

Originally posted by Franck
    The Junior member means that you have properly registered, and that you have posted a minimum of 0 posts.
    After 50 posts, you become a Member. Once you reach 100 posts, you become a Senior member... Though I am not sure anyone will want to reach that, so if you can think of better titles, I might change them to something more suitable.
    Let me have your suggestions for titles

Cheers,

Franck.
    It's OK for you guys that get to call yourselves by your titles, but the rest of us are having to struggle by with these crappy tags on our names. (and I know, I know, it's not the world's most serious problem right now.....)

But there must be something better than Junior and Senior Members, surely - sounds like short trousers for one and a bus pass for the other.

To fit in with Ceroc I suppose the titles could be Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced, but that doesn't sound too great either.

Soooo, why do we have to have any tags at all? Does it really matter whether we've posted 2 or 102 messages?

If anyone wants to, they could put "Teacher" or whatever after their reegistered name. Or, they could register as "Fred Astaire, Dancer Extraordinaire" , and have that appear instead. Go on, somebody .......

OK, I know this is probably digressing somewhat but can someone explain to a simple Midlander about what is this thing with Dundee?? From the emails to date it seems like a paradise of friendliness, a cornicopia of wonderfull female dancers .... and very late Ceroc teachers

Got to admit that the dance circuit up North sounds good .... feel the need to try a week tour of the Highlands dancing .... any recommnedations as to venues/nights .... I know I havbe to take in Aberdeen to see Lorna ..... she makes me look sane by comparison!

Blog Entries

Re: Fred Astaire?

Originally posted by John S
    t's OK for you guys that get to call yourselves by your titles, but the rest of us are having to struggle by with these crappy tags on our names. (and I know, I know, it's not the world's most serious problem right now.....)

But there must be something better than Junior and Senior Members, surely - sounds like short trousers for one and a bus pass for the other.

To fit in with Ceroc I suppose the titles could be Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced, but that doesn't sound too great either.
    Well John, the titles came with the board, and I would be really happy to change them... I think it does matter whether you have just joined the Forum or are a regular contributor...

I do not really like the current titles, but I have not so far thought of any better ones. I am open to suggestions, and would promptly implement them.

So anyone out there with good ideas??? Please share.

Franck.

Red face Gotcha!

I didn't realise until I posted a reply on another thread that some playful gremlin in the system has changed my identity - suppose I asked for that.:sorry

Still, look on the bright side - is Ginger Rogers out there somewhere?

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Wink Highland dancing?

Originally posted by Gus
    OK, I know this is probably digressing somewhat but can someone explain to a simple Midlander about what is this thing with Dundee??
    Ok, as I come from Dundee I probably am a lttle biased, however we would love to meet you Gus and more importantly dance with you. I'm sure you would have a great night, there is a party on the 5th April but please could you come to the next one as I won't be there.....................

Got to admit that the dance circuit up North sounds good .... feel the need to try a week tour of the Highlands dancin
    .. I know I have to take in Aberdeen to see Lorna ..... she makes me look sane by comparison!
    You'll have to be quick, last time I saw her she was very pregnant - not sure when the baby is to be making an appearance but soon I would think. All days and venues for classes are listed on this web site so you've got a great choice although I would definitely recommend Peterculter on a Tuesday - the venue is superb, and Dundee is on a Wednesday.

Blog Entries

Re: Highland dancing?

Originally posted by Sheena
    Originally posted by Gus
    OK, I know this is probably digressing somewhat but can someone explain to a simple Midlander about what is this thing with Dundee??

You'll have to be quick, last time I saw her she was very pregnant - not sure when the baby is to be making an appearance but soon I would think. All days and venues for classes are listed on this web site so you've got a great choice although I would definitely recommend Peterculter on a Tuesday - the venue is superb, and Dundee is on a Wednesday.
    Indeed, Lorna is looking great, and still out there teaching (like a real trooper), but she will not be for long... Baby on way... However, knowing Lorna, she probably won't manage to stay away for very long

Anyway Gus, we would be delighted to have you visiting over, and as any other teacher / visitor to Scotland can confirm, we always give visitors a royal welcome up in Scotland.
    I recommend you start in Glasgow on a Monday, then Tuesday in Aberdeen, Wednesday in Dundee and Edinburgh on the Thursday. With careful planning, you might manage a week-end party as well (take your pick...).

OK, that might seem a bit extreme, but would definitely be worth it

Cheers,

Franck.

Re: Junior member here I come...

Quote Originally Posted by jiveoholic
    I feel quite honoured to be a "junior member". What, quite, does this mean?
    Friend, you'll know when you've arrived when you reach the dizzy heights of "Sports Commentator"

Blog Entries

After 18 months of loyal service I also feel it is time I "arrived" with a suitable sobriquet...but alas and alack I fear it may be a further 18 months as I must wait quietly for FRANCK TO READ HIS PMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Just don't mention Man City as Bigger Andy will get upset and give you negative rep

Anyway, theres only one OFFICIAL sports commentator.

Blog Entries

fabby dabby dooooo...now let's just see if anyone else notices!!!
    thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information