Thread: Rome

Rome

Im going to be spending a few days in the centre of Rome but have the opportunity to spend 4/5 days before then by the beach near Rome

Does anyone know any good beach locations with 30 mins drive of Rome recommend any good hotels ? I’ll be using Taxis so I don’t want it to be much more then 30 miles

A few googles give me Nettuno but not many hotels

Re: Rome

Having visited Rome and the coast there quite frequently (I have a lot of family there) I can honestly say I have never found a good beach within 1 hour's drive of Rome. Most of Rome's waste water is pumped into the sea in that area, making for a pretty grim beach experience. The cleanest place was the filtered sea-water swimming pool compound, along the main stretch of Ostia's seafront. There's a train line linked to Rome's underground system that will get you to Ostia in less than 45 minutes.

Failing that, there is a fountain on every street corner in Rome - dunk your feet in one of those!

Re: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Having visited Rome and the coast there quite frequently (I have a lot of family there) I can honestly say I have never found a good beach within 1 hour's drive of Rome. Most of Rome's waste water is pumped into the sea in that area, making for a pretty grim beach experience. The cleanest place was the filtered sea-water swimming pool compound, along the main stretch of Ostia's seafront. There's a train line linked to Rome's underground system that will get you to Ostia in less than 45 minutes.

Failing that, there is a fountain on every street corner in Rome - dunk your feet in one of those!
    I'd go along with the above. Anzio has a decent beach but it is many years since I was there and I can't really remember how to get there. I seem to remember it was a bus and train but from where I can't remember.

Thread Information