Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Glitter - does he deserve it

Blog Entries

Gary Glitter - does he deserve it

Well, the freakoid that is Gary Glitter is refusing to come home. Cant say i blame him as he is well aware what is in store for him when he sets foot on British turf. I was thinking though, does he deserve all this bad press. If the saying is correct that he has done is time and therefore should be left alone, why are all these countries refusing him entry. Should we not be supportive of a man that has done a crime but has served his punishment and therefore left alone.

Just incase your interested in my opinion, i would have chopped his dick off and fed his bollox to the nearest dog if i had my way but what do you think peeps.

Trouble
    xxx

Re: Gary Glitter - does he deserve it

A very emotive subject this.

I used to work with sex offenders many years ago and it is a very complex issue on the whole.

Concerning Gary Glitter he will be hunted for the rest of his life because of this crime he commited.

Dts XXX XXX

Commercial Operator

He is a very fortunate man indeed. Fortunate that he had enough money to buy off the family of the two little girls, so that his charge was reduced from one of Rape, for which the penalty is death, to committing an indecent act, for which the penalty is imprisonment. So really, he hasn't served the sentence for what he actually did, but for something less serious. Pity that there isn't some way that any royalties due to him from sales of his songs could be sequestrated and given to the RSSPCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Well, the freakoid that is Gary Glitter is refusing to come home. Cant say i blame him as he is well aware what is in store for him when he sets foot on British turf. I was thinking though, does he deserve all this bad press. If the saying is correct that he has done is time and therefore should be left alone, why are all these countries refusing him entry. Should we not be supportive of a man that has done a crime but has served his punishment and therefore left alone.

Just incase your interested in my opinion, i would have chopped his dick off and fed his bollox to the nearest dog if i had my way but what do you think peeps.

Trouble
    xxx
    You can't blame other countries for not wanting a convicted paedo - these guys are driven by urges that don't go away so they remain a danger to kids. With that in mind I hope that he's closely watched forever because the chances are he'll do it again.

Personally, the father part of me says that paedos should never get out of prison.

Irrespective of your status in the world, if you do immoral things regardless of culture, then you should face the music.

I also think it would set an example to the current climate in the UK, particularly where knife crime and yobs on the streets are concerned. In light of the Olympic triumphs of Team GB, we do need and have a greater objective to make life better.

Glitter had the world at his feet and didn't need to do something like this to validate himself. A sad predicament, similar to Barrymore

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyman View Post
    Irrespective of your status in the world, if you do immoral things regardless of culture, then you should face the music.
    The point is, he has faced the music. It's called prison.

So the question is, how much should he be hounded by the media circus, who are just looking for cheap headlines?

A week? A year? The rest of his life? Or until it stops selling papers? I'll take a wild guess that it's the latter...

I dont think he should be hounded but equally vulnerable people need to be protected and he would need to be on the sex offenders register. I dont think convicted peodophiles should be able to travel abroad as in several countries children are less protected and people travel abroad specifically to access children.

I also think it would set an example to the current climate in the UK ...
    What exactly would set an example?

Media persecution?
    Lynching?
    "chopping his dick off and feeding his bollox to the nearest dog"?

Are they good examples of a caring society?
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    I dont think he should be hounded but equally vulnerable people need to be protected and he would need to be on the sex offenders register.
    Well, yes, but that's not up for debate - that'll happen, it's a legal requirement.

This is about the media circus.

An Eclectic Toaster

In light of the Olympic triumphs of Team GB, we do need and have a greater objective to make life better.
    You know, if Private Eye start a feature called "Olympicballs" I'm sending that one in

However, I suspect it'll be upstaged by a raft of politician soundbites pretty soon...

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Well, yes, but that's not up for debate - that'll happen, it's a legal requirement.

This is about the media circus.
    Yes im aware of that, my point was that professional monitoring would be in place and i was giving an opinion that he shouldnt be hounded by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    I dont think he should be hounded but equally vulnerable people need to be protected and he would need to be on the sex offenders register. I dont think convicted peodophiles should be able to travel abroad as in several countries children are less protected and people travel abroad specifically to access children.
    He said he would return to Bristol, where he used to live.

The reason he doesn't want to return to the UK is that it would be hard for him to sexually assult children in Bristol and not end up in prison again.

Also British peodophiles are abandoning Britain and heading for the European countries who don't have such stringent school checks on who works there, as we do.

Makes me wonder what percentage of male teachers are peodophiles.
    Didn't Paul Gadd a.k.a. gary glitter used to be a teacher?

Cool Re: Gary Glitter - does he deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Congratulations. That has to be one of the broadest, sweeping, man hating comments I have ever read!

An Eclectic Toaster

Someone arrest Sting now!

OK, so Astro's logic is b******s, but surely, since his performance in Dune, the authorities would happily use any pretext?

Makes me wonder what percentage of male teachers are peodophiles [sic].
    Sorry Astro, but I find that a really offensive question - what percentage of any type of person (male/female, teacher/policeman/doctor/binman/tramp) are paedophiles? Just because teachers work with kids and teenagers should not make them automatically under suspicion of liking kids in the wrong way (or of acting on that).

It is no wonder that it is getting more and more difficult to recruit teachers, when accusations of paedophilia get so easily bandied around. My father is a male teacher in a girls' school. He is a teacher because he is good at it, and because he cares about developing the knowledge of the next generation and giving them a chance at a good future. If he were to consider taking up teaching today for the first time, having to battle against that kind of attitude, it is likely that a long list of kids would suffer for the lack of such a skilled and devoted educator.

Blog Entries

I dont think Astro meant that in an offensive way, i think she was asking, how many professionals turn out to be in jobs to suit their desires/perversions or whatever. The same can be said about any job that involves working with children. Look at priests. How many of them are up to no good.

I do wonder why this problem has not been dealt with in a final way. By that i dont mean death but castration surely has to be the answer. This removes all desires.

I have read that these people never are cured but learn to try and control their problem. This is like an alcoholic though or a drug addict, the risk is always there of them falling off the wagon except with this sickness, its not that person who gets damaged.

Anyone of any sex and any profession might abuse children. Professionally Iv known a lot of people who have been abused, and none of them were abused by teachers. The majority were by family members, some of whom were female.

I dont think Astro meant that in an offensive way,

I have read that these people never are cured but learn to try and control their problem. This is like an alcoholic though or a drug addict, the risk is always there of them falling off the wagon except with this sickness, its not that person who gets damaged.
    maybe it is worth considering is that many of these people have been abused and damaged themselves. If i remember rightly (ie im probably wrong) i think about 50% of sex offenders were abused themselves as children. This by no means implies that everyone who is abused goes on to abuse themselves, but might help understand a factor in why some people do it. There are a lot of personality factors and ways their own trauma occured that can also be correlated with peole who abuse children.

Cool Re: Gary Glitter - does he deserve it

Can't we just chop his *******s off, and leave him alone, no threat,
    I wonder if he'll team up for a harmony act with M Jackson and j King, they could call themselves the 3 tenners ie thats thier average partners age

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart M View Post
    OK, so Astro's logic is b******s, but surely, since his performance in Dune, the authorities would happily use any pretext?
    I thought he played a mad harkonen extremely well - i LIKED Dune

I dont think Astro meant that in an offensive way
    Probably not, but it was a particularly stupid comment.

Thread Information