Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Credit Crunch"

Commercial Operator

Re: "Credit Crunch"

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Saligal~*~ View Post
    Something that can help is to add some sort of "gravy" to the food. If you feed the cat dry cat biscuits anyway, then add some water to those and make them all nice and mushy (maybe heat them a little) and then add them to the food.
    Please be very careful adding gravy to your cats food. Please check the salt levels. Salt can be very dangerous for cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Easily Led View Post
    One of my biggest expenses seems to be my cat's food - she only likes real chicken, tinned tuna or the really expensive cat food (Sheba/ Gourmet and tins with sparkle on etc.) If I buy her anything cheaper she just leaves it. She came from the RSPCA and was born in the wild so it isn't nature but she has certainly been nurtured into a princess .! Any ideas? Should I get a load of really cheap tuna (she doesn't like it in oil BTW) or should I just be firmer ! ( I just had to use these new icons!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Saligal~*~ View Post
    If a cat's hungry enough it will eat it - you just have to let her get hungry enough and not feed her with anything else until she eats it.
    Something that can help is to add some sort of "gravy" to the food. If you feed the cat dry cat biscuits anyway, then add some water to those and make them all nice and mushy (maybe heat them a little) and then add them to the food. Make sure you mix it in though, cos cats are good at picking around their food.
    Then again, if she won't eat what you offer then she may go looking elsewhere for food that she likes! Cat's do that too...
    Goodluck!
    Could you try and wean her off the expensive cat food by doctoring it with the cheaper stuff? Start off by feeding her mainly expensive with just a little cheaper, and as she gets used to it, gradually change the percentage of cheap:expensive in favour of cheap. That way she might be persuaded to still eat at home rather than wandering off to find food elsewhere. Chances are that all she'll find elsewhere is the cheaper stuff anyway, so food at home, whilst not quite right, might be more to her taste... well, it's a thought!

Stone me the cat will eat it when it is hungry enough.

We had 2 dogs 3 cats and 2 horses in my previous life and I changed to cheap dried food for the dogs.

They turned their nose up at it to start with, however when the cats were wolfing it down the dogs soon started to eat it.

Funny as hell to see the cats pushing the dogs out of the way and nicking their grub.

DTS XXX XXX

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    And don't buy branded drugs (like ibuprofen, paracetamol and antihistamine), get the shop's cheap brand, which contains exactly the same thing!
    Although, bizarrely, even when they contain exactly the same thing, the branded drugs still apparently work better.
    Love dance, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    Although, bizarrely, even when they contain exactly the same thing, the branded drugs still apparently work better.
    Ok, so here's the solution: Buy one initial packet of whatever branded drug it is you use, then refill it with the supermarket's own cheap stuff. Every time you go to take a tablet, you'll take it out of the expensive brand's packet with the pretty design, and hey presto, you'll get added placebo effect!

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Chances are that all she'll find elsewhere is the
    ..... local birdlife.

Cats can be beautiful critters - but they're remorseless killers.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    There was a suggestion in the paper I was reading yesterday that many people are going to the likes of Aldi rather than Tesco, etc and this has prompted in part the 'Milk Price War' currently underway.
    Whichever supermarket you shop at, always check your bill before you leave the store.

I must have saved hundreds of pounds over the years by checking.

Tescos and Sainsburys being the worst at overcharging.

Plus if you buy special offers, check that you've only paid what you expected to as it's easy for them to trick you.

For instance you may have got the wrong size BOGOF of Domestos.

(have not read the whole thread yet, so sorry if it's been mentioned).
    I also bought multipacks of things like crisps and choc bars at the supermarket rather than buying them singly.
    Buy in bulk,eat in bulk.
    Expanding waistline.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    Please be very careful adding gravy to your cats food. Please check the salt levels. Salt can be very dangerous for cats.
    If you're feeding your cat dry biscuits anyway... they're not getting any more salt than normal if they're the basis of the "gravy".

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    And I really need to go through my wardrobe and see what I can sell on ebay......... Russian military coat, anyone??
    Well, that got rid of the Russian coat, anyway!

However, I have now looked through my cupboards, shed and wardrobe, and I have lots of stuff to get rid of, including two pairs of skis and boots (telemark), a camera and some dance clothes and shoes! How does the classified adverts on here work?? I can find the posts others have put up, but can't find out how to post myself? I'm being rather dense, obviously. Or do I have to have silver membership to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Stone me the cat will eat it when it is hungry enough.

We had 2 dogs 3 cats and 2 horses in my previous life and I changed to cheap dried food for the dogs.

They turned their nose up at it to start with, however when the cats were wolfing it down the dogs soon started to eat it.

Funny as hell to see the cats pushing the dogs out of the way and nicking their grub.

DTS XXX XXX
    When we got two kittens only the best premium cat food for my little darlings. You know the 69p rip of kitten sachet food

Feeling sorry for the dog (who had always had largely dry food) started to get it premiere dog food

Surprise surprise it prefers that to dry food and doesn’t want to pick and mix and sometimes try to eat the cat food, ignoring its dry food

Now it shits like nuclear fall out

The cats tend eat the dry food the dog leaves

Going to try and get the dog back on dry food (with the odd treat)

One of my biggest expenses seems to be my cat's food - she only likes real chicken, tinned tuna or the really expensive cat food (Sheba/ Gourmet and tins with sparkle on etc.) If I buy her anything cheaper she just leaves it. She came from the RSPCA and was born in the wild so it isn't nature but she has certainly been nurtured into a princess .! Any ideas? Should I get a load of really cheap tuna (she doesn't like it in oil BTW) or should I just be firmer ! ( I just had to use these new icons!!!)
    Trust me, if she's hungry enough, she'll eat! It won't kill her to not eat for a day or two (just make sure she's got water at all times). When she decides to (she IS a cat, after all), she'll eat like it was served at a 5-star restaurant.

Having been really good over August (haven't even been to the cinema) my finances are looking healthier already! However, this has been the most depressing summer I have had for years (not helped by the terrible weather), and now it is over ! I also still have to tame the cat ,,,,,,,,

this tasty sound bite name: "Credit Crunch"
    Perhaps it's just me , but when I hear the words "Credit Crunch" I immediately think of some form of Breakfast Cereal.

"Housing market bunged up? suffering from painful bloating due to enlarged gas bills? The why not start the day with a healthy bowl of new Credit Crunch. A source of natural financial fibre, low in interest and saturated tax and proven to reduce cash flow clogging cholesterol*. Belt tightening has never been so tasty.

Now available in two exciting flavours .. Original Strawberry sub-prime and honey coated housing crash.

*When taken as part of a credit controlled diet. Please consult your financial advisor before starting any belt tightening regime"

An Eclectic Toaster

Well, apparently one nice way out of the Credit Crunch is available, if you can successfuly blackmail a National Gallery about the Titians they've been showing for donkey's years.

The implication re whats going on today are amazing, if your working in the City (financial sector) we are on new ground maybe even get a full page in the Sun ?

If AIG go under heaven help us , get your bin collection done early this week

Amazing stuff going on

----------------------
    New York Governor David Paterson today said struggling insurance giant AIG had one day to raise up to $US80 billion ($100.45 billion) to stave off bankruptcy.
    ---------------------

It's an absolute nightmare at the moment. I haven't seen market volatility like this for a long time. We had to back out over 15,000 Lehman trades yesterday and I'm having to get into the office at 6am every day just to keep on top of things. I'm not used to actually having to work for a living. I much prefer it when they just pay me for sitting at a desk and browsing the Internet all day I dread to think what will happen to the market if AIG go under

Just be glad that the American Government stepped in to help AIG when they did then!

Hope the stress subsides FM

Whitetiger

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    It's an absolute nightmare at the moment. I haven't seen market volatility like this for a long time. We had to back out over 15,000 Lehman trades yesterday and I'm having to get into the office at 6am every day just to keep on top of things. I'm not used to actually having to work for a living. I much prefer it when they just pay me for sitting at a desk and browsing the Internet all day I dread to think what will happen to the market if AIG go under
    Wasnt sure if that was sarcasim ?

If AIG had gone under it would have been the end of Capitalism, bye bye loans bye bye pensions bye bye mortgages bye bye the Western World

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    The implication re whats going on today are amazing, if your working in the City (financial sector)
    Well I was, but funnily enough they're taking their time renewing the contract

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    If AIG go under heaven help us
    I don't believe in god so we're screwed.

But seriously, maybe the rest of the world could learn to be less reliant upon the economy of a country with a history of reckless leaders?

Thread Information