View Poll Results: Open or closed toed shoes?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a girl and I wear open toed shoes

4 11.11%
  • I am a girl and I wear closed toed shoes

16 44.44%
  • I am a girl and it depends on the venue/event

11 30.56%
  • I am a guy and was feeling left out, so I wanted to tick a box

5 13.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ladies toes

Re: Ladies toes

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    I've seen girls in London wearing these type of shoe.

They look like ordinary shoes.

Do they work well for MJ?
    I haven't done enough jive to know, hopefully Lynn will answer. But in general they're very light, remarkably comfortable, have smooth leather soles (so you can wear them to work if you want), and are balanced so as to put your weight forward and inwards, so you're dancing predominantly on the big toe. And the heels can be quite sharp, so not suitable for the charleston (don't start me on tango women who kick them to knee height with every third step on a social dancefloor).

Comme Il Faut never publish photos of their shoes because they try to stop people copying them, but I've just remembered you can see some in action on YouTube: Jennifer Bratt. They are spectacularly expensive, though.

Hum, clicked sometimes one, somtimes the other but off late I favour open toe, whereas for years and years I would not touch them with a barge pole for reasons mentioned above by my fellow fashionistas-with-a-conscience-for-safety-of-self-and-others.

I STILL don't like the lack of protection of open toed shoes, and yes, I occasionally do get hurt, but the toe-less/strappy ones are so muck lighter and comfortable than the closed ones... o... and airy

No way I could do a whole SP in closed toe ones. though I still favour them for outdoors or workshops or places where I don't want to stand ot too much as a "dancer" eg non-dance events where there might just be a boogie or 2

Heels tend to be more dangerous both to myself (stepped on my own feet or hooked them inadvertently in the seam of my skirt , no matter how short too many times to mention) and those around me, but I just can't truly throw myself into it all on "flats". so sorry guys 'n gals, I am sticking with them

Quote Originally Posted by mshedgehog View Post
    I haven't done enough jive to know, hopefully Lynn will answer. But in general they're very light, remarkably comfortable, have smooth leather soles (so you can wear them to work if you want), and are balanced so as to put your weight forward and inwards, so you're dancing predominantly on the big toe. And the heels can be quite sharp, so not suitable for the charleston (don't start me on tango women who kick them to knee height with every third step on a social dancefloor).

Comme Il Faut never publish photos of their shoes because they try to stop people copying them, but I've just remembered you can see some in action on YouTube: Jennifer Bratt. They are spectacularly expensive, though.
    She's not putting any weight on her heel hardly, I agree.

Nice shoes.

I was reading about one of the profesional dancers on Stictly Come Dancing - a couple of years ago.

She said she wasn't looking forward to training and dancing in heels as it is much harder on the body.

Astro I don't do MJ in my tango shoes. Firstly they are too 'fast' for MJ for my liking - but I need them like that for tango for smooth pivots. They also put my weight further forward than I am comfortable with for MJ.

I find something like Freed Marisa a good compromise - I can do AT and MJ in them so tend to take those to dance weekenders where I am likely to be dancing both.

Thread Information