Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 08 08 08 the day the Olympics starts, do you like Olympics, whats your fav sport

Commercial Operator

08 08 08 the day the Olympics starts, do you like Olympics, whats your fav sport

I love athletics, as I a lad 16-18 I used to belong to the British Milers club, which took the elite young people to train them for mile & 800m events. Sadly injury ended my progress but it was a fantastic time. I know of Rob Mckim from there, top Swing DJ, whose still involved in coaching.

So when the 800m is on, you wont catch me doing anything else as that was my event that I once dreamed of being in the final, so my heroes are lord seb coe, dave warren, steve cram, rob elliott, dave whottle & steve ovett!

SO in 2012 you will find me in the stadium watching the 800m live!! Thats my dream.

Dave Whottle final 1972, watch the excitement, this was my kind of race!!

then the Coe v Ovett ( coe failed in doing a whottle)

So whats you favourite in the Olympics?

Will you watching in between dancing?

Its starts this Friday *(chinese world clock) 8.08.08pm on 08.08.08
    if you want to tune in to BBC, its on from 12.45pm this Friday for 4 hours

TV Search - AOL TV Guide

Re: 08 08 08 the day the Olympics starts, do you like Olympics, whats your fav sport

Yes the Olympics - I'll be ordering a number 88 (Cream of Sum Yung Guy) from my local Chinese restaurant, sitting and back and wishing David Colemanballs and Ron Pickering were with me to provide the dramatic commentary.

My favourites were/are athletics, particularly:

100m (looking forward to Bolt - if he runs?)
    200m
    800m
    3000m steeplechase (always seems to be quite dramatic)
    5000m

Never much enjoyed the 400m. 1500m is ok.

Then, there are always other sports which seem to grab my attention - whether it is rowing, handball, boxing (sometimes) or cycling (looking forward to the 'BMX' (see previous thread). Sailing is boring as is archery and shooting. Beach volleyball has it's attractions.

At the moment, my money is riding on China to win most medals (looks safe at odds of 5-2 on) and GB to win less than 11 gold medals.

Our triple jumper looks quite lithe.....

And Rebecca could win a medal - especially in this streamlined outfit:

Re: 08 08 08 the day the Olympics starts, do you like Olympics, whats your fav sport

I love the Olympics and will watch whatever's on when I'm at home. But favourites are gymnastics (ok so I'm a real 'girl' in liking that), athletics, tennis and hockey

Blog Entries

I like most track and field but especially 1500m because that was my distance before I got sent to the knackers yard, long jump because that was what I used to coach at the athletics club and most of the gymnastics because I did a bit of that in the Army too.

I love the Olympics !!!

I like watching all althetics, swimming, diving, cycling, gymnastics!!

I used to be in an althetics club when was younger and stopped due to an thigh injury which stopped me from running for a long time, then i grew out of it but still remember the passion i had for it, quite fond memories, i would be willing to go back to althetics if i had the chance but i am too old at 24!
    Football have replaced that for now hehe.

I will be watching the Olympics a lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    Who's thinking of a way that they could get more viewers/interest!!!

For me it's the 100m. Or a wait to the winter olympics. So much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    Who's thinking of a way that they could get more viewers/interest!!!

For me it's the 100m. Or a wait to the winter olympics. So much better.
    Well yes.....she stripped for the commercial for Powerade ("official drink of the 2008 Olympics").

And of course - she is in line to get a unique x-sport double gold. Rowing, which she already has - and now cycling.

She's probably really good in bed as well.

Love swimming, diving and all track athletics especially 4 x 100m relay. Can't wait

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Gymnastics, swimming and diving in the summer olympics and Ice Skating and bobsleigh in the winter olympics.

Running, high jumping, shot putting and gymnastics, and in the Winter Olympics the bob sleighing and the ice skating
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

I use to run for a club and used to help out at Road races (I remember listening to the radio commentary of Denise Lewis winning the Heptathlon Gold in Sydney sheltering under a tree in the pouring rain in the middle of Hampshire whilst marshalling a 10Km Road race).

Having said that, although I have largely lost interest in athletics these days, I'll still probably watch the track and field.

Also I'll try and catch the cycling and for some strange reason the ladies Beach Volleyball

They are all on drugs!

Will be keeping an eye on:

100, 200, 400 mtr

Javelin

Boxing

Powerlifting

and Pole Vault

cannae wait for 08!

J

I'll be watching the horsey stuff mainly, but do enjoy the gymnastics, and just general watching. I work for a sunglass company so will spend a lot of time "spotting" our athletes over various different events (how sad am I) - particulary local girl Victoria Pendleton in the cycling as she one of our girlies!

Quote Originally Posted by Billi Wiz View Post
    They are all on drugs!
    Yup, that thought has ruined the whole shinanagins for me.

A far cry from my involvement with athletics as a schoolboy. Just turn up on the day in shorts and plimpsoles for the 100 and 220 yard dashes and longjump. Training - what's that? Spikes - what are they? Drugs????

Anyway, a few short seconds of huff and puff and it was all over - no time for pain to register - and usually a win. It wasn't a very big school. I was Victor Ludorum in my final year of casual competition.

Athletics came a very poor third to cricket and rugby.

I doubt I shall see any of the Olympics aside from that which makes the news.

Blog Entries

The fact that some athletes still cheat casts a shadow over the Olympics, as it does every sport, however worse than that is the assumption that the majority of them are doing it.

The majority of top-flight athletes in this country and hard working and honest and deserve our support.

I've worked hard with young athletes to encourage them to have pride in what they do and their achievements, only for some bitter and twisted people to whine "they're all on drugs". Is it any wonder then when some of the weaker-willed ones consider "they all think I'm on drugs anyway, I might as well be"?

The likes of Dwayne Chambers and others have let us down, that doesn't mean that everyone is at fault. After all, if I went by that reasoning I'd think that everyone who dances Ceroc is a smelly, perverted retard.

Blog Entries

I like watching the ice skating.... oh and the gymnastics. I feel they glide in a very similar way to me when i am doing either of the above..

Glitter Queen

I still believe that ballroom dancing should be an Olympic sport...

... failing that I like to watch the gymnastics, ice skating and the high jump/pole vault, how those people get so far off the ground always amazes me!

An Eclectic Toaster

Actually, it's not the drugs that turned me off to the Olympics - as Gav points out, every sport bears that scar and some get a remarkably easy ride, frankly.

For me, it was the increasingly ludicrous attempts by the IOC to turn it into a "World Championships of Everything" by introducing too many sports (tennis?) and relaxing the entry credentials of others (e.g. football, basketball) in a desperate attempt to garner TV audiences. As such, it's become a bloated monster with events that not many of the real stars of the sport in question actually care about. The Tennis tournament for example will be missing several stars (either openly withdrawing or picking up a convenient injury), so what's the point really?

Funny my degree cert came through the post date stamped 8/8/88 ,still got it the evelope (see horders thread)

Anyway Im looking forward to it,whats the time difference ?

Wish all the whingers would stop now

Thread Information