Thread: Your Spooky Experiences

Donna

Your Spooky Experiences

I had a bit of a strange experience early hours this morning - one of the bulbs from my wall light unscrewed itself and flew right across the room! All I could hear in the dark was a sqeak followed by a thump on the floor... well.. did i freeze or did I freeze! I couldnt move for at least half an hour, reached for the phone and lit the room up.. after a few seconds of scanning around the room with it..there it was, the bulb was on the other side of the floor! Now, I only changed that light bulb about 3 months ago.. and I know I screwed it in properly so how it managed to twist the other way and come out the slots.. i have no idea. I'm still trying to figure it out!

Any spooky or unexplained experiences you would like to share?

If anyone can explain the above that would be extremely helpful, plus I might just get a better nights sleep tonight.

Re: Your Spooky Experiences

My boyfriend died tragically 15 years ago. Motor bike accident, he was 31.

Two days after he died I saw a vision on him standing in front of me sort of hugging himself as if he was cold...looking straight at me.

I don't believe in ghosts. I put it down to my state of mind at the time as I was so upset about his death. Very chilling, all the same and an experience I'll never forget.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

Two days after he died I saw a vision on him standing in front of me sort of hugging himself as if he was cold...looking straight at me.

I don't believe in ghosts. I put it down to my state of mind at the time as I was so upset about his death. Very chilling, all the same and an experience I'll never forget.
    So sorry to hear about that. My family had experiences after I lost my grandad just over a year ago.. the first week or two you're still in shock, so sometimes you have visions which you sometimes cannot make out to be real or just part of the imagination.

My Dad was driving my Gran back home together one night a couple of months after he passed away, and although they had the windows in the car shut.. and it was a cold night, they could both smell the overpowering scent of flowers - which they think was the same as those he had on the day of his funeral.

Also, my gran and aunty experienced a sudden rush of air going past them.. although doors and windows were shut. They both find it comforting to believe it was my grandad.

My Gran has had the best of experiences though.. she was on her own at home, and she seen a shadow like figure go past the window (it was daytime i must point out). A couple of weeks after that, she was in bed and as she was starting to dose off, she felt the covers being pulled over her and her arm was being lifted over the top of them to keep it in place. She remembers feeling her arm being lifted and the sheets being pulled up, and then she felt what she described as someone getting into bed with her. It could well be her imagination, because after 60 odd years it was a routine every night she was used to ... but then how do you explain the sheets being pulled right up to her neck when she wanted them kept down at waist because she was too hot?

She also heard from the kitchen a tune being whistled.. one my grandad used to whistle.

I have experienced flashes of light in my room since his death- note, I have black out blinds so no light can get in at all.

As for last night, I can't see why my grandad would want to unscrew my lightbulb and throw it across the room!

Was the bulb a bayonet fitting (with the two lugs that lock it into place)? Are they still on the bulb? Those fittings are quite springy, if the lug on the new bulb wasn't holding it in perfectly it could have slipped out and the spring force might be enough to launch the bulb out of the holder? Just a guess..

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Darcy View Post
    Was the bulb a bayonet fitting (with the two lugs that lock it into place)? Are they still on the bulb? Those fittings are quite springy, if the lug on the new bulb wasn't holding it in perfectly it could have slipped out and the spring force might be enough to launch the bulb out of the holder? Just a guess..
    Yes it is a springy one - but I know for a fact I had screwed it in properly. I tried putting it backing in again but it wouldn't let me just screw it in half way without if falling out again.. my guess is it's something to do with that piece of metal heating up over time, has slightly changed the shape and it's worked its way loose.

Never experienced that before but it did make me jump. I kept thinking to myself over and over 'what the hell.. was that.'

Good job my bed isn't that side of the room.. imagine what people would say when they see a bruise or cut to the head.

'What happened to you?'

'Well, a light bulb came flying straight at me in the dark and smacked me in the face whilst I was sleeping! Just one of those things isn't it! '
    Last edited by Donna; 24th-July-2008 at 10:56 AM.

Have a virtual rep point for that, DT. (Real one not available, although I haven't repped anyone for at least a week...)

Back in 2000 whilst studying part-time drama, I did a performance of BOUNCERS at the Theatre Royal Margate, which has been registered as haunted. Apparently, the ghosts of actors long gone watch the plays playing and if they like it, the theatre warms up. If they don't, the theatre is cold. I guess they didn't like ours.

At stage right, there is a rose embedded in the wall belonging to a deceased staff member called 'Auntie Pat' and everytime any one ever did a play there, they always had to say good morning to her. One occasion someone, so the staff told me, tried to take a picture of the rose, but found out to their cost when they got home that their camera lens had shattered.

best
    johnnyman

Don't know if it is classed as spooky but this morning I was woken up by a tapping on my window (upstairs window). It didn't stop so I eventually got up to investigate, after coming round realising it wasn't a dream, to see a single magpie just sat there quite nonchalently on the window sill tapping the window.... now I am neither way superstitious or not but it did kinda freak me out......maybe it was just a really confident magpie but it was kinda odd

My partner died of cancer, coming up to a year ago. Three days after she died i was alone in the house her daughters having gone to their grand parents. I was at rock bottom and very drunk and decided to end it all. Janets Morphine was still in the kitchen drawer and i went to get them. Out of the blue i stared to smell her perfume, body shop White musk, right around me every where i went. I tried to opent he kitchen drawer abut it was stuck solid, Janets perfume was everywhere and try as i might i could not open that drawer. Last thing i remember was slumping down to the floor crying floods. However, the next day the girls came back and deciced to take the morpine back to the hospital. They had no problem witth the drawer and after telling them what had happened, they agreed with me, Janet had come back to stop mekilling myself. She has been back a few times, usualy when i am low. I feel better knowing that she is still in my life somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled Feet View Post
    i stared to smell her perfume, body shop White musk, right around me every where i went. I tried to opent he kitchen drawer abut it was stuck solid, Janets perfume was everywhere and try as i might i could not open that drawer.
    I am not sensitive to any paranormal experiences, but I remember a few years ago I was at a meeting in Manchester which was near to where my in laws used to live. I decided to drive past their old house to see what it looked like with the new owners in it. As I drove past the house I recall smelling the odour of the soap my father in law used. It was a really old fashioned soap, a bit like coal tar and he used to bring it home from the pit where he worked. The smell was really strong inside my car . I mentioned this experience to one of my work colleagues, I worked on a children's mental health team at the time, and she said that grief can trigger things in the brain,where you can smell things that remind you of loved ones. Perhaps there are people on here that may have an explanation, but like DT I decided to put it out of my mind and trying to think rationally, put it down to some memory being triggered but I do recall the experience like no other.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Donna

But when two people can smell something at the same time.. would you say that is part of the imagination? I'm more likely to believe there is something else behind it, like the fact that my dad and gran could both smell wreaths of flowers.. at a funny time of the year.. cold night.. windows shut etc. And the fact that it was quite strong makes me think it was a spirtual encounter.

I remember once when I was about 16, and just as I was going off to bed I heard a loud knock on our front door... it was the neighbour. My mum and dad were panicking as he was in a right state. They didn't know I was listening to the conversation from the top of the stairs.. and as they invited him inside, I creeped downstairs and listened by the door. He was telling them that he'd just been to visit his one of his parents grave, and he seen another guy hanging around in the graveyard.. as this guy got closer to him.. he could see that he didn't have any legs and he was floating around!

He was definately in a state of shock, and the reason he knocked on our door was because his wife was working late shifts.

It seems that people who can strain at believing in the coincidence of two people experiencing something at the same time have no problem believing that dead people, all of whose chemical processes have stopped weeks, months or years before, are nevertheless still able to interact with living people.

I know it's sweet and comforting to think that 'the soul goes on', but it's also sweet and comforting to believe that a gurgling smiling baby cannot possibly grow up into a tyrant or a serial killer...

We had a chemistry teacher at school called Mr Wickham (no, Austen fans, not that one!). He was about a hundred years old and very pale with white hair - really nice guy and good teacher, well liked, but referred to as 'the ghost' for obvious reasons

One day we were milling around outside the science labs first thing in the morning waiting for him to turn up and unlock the doors. We saw him about 20 metres away, walking across the yard towards us so started picking up our bags and so on - a few seconds later he opened the door for us from the inside. None of us saw him walk past us, and there was not nearly enough time for him to have run (!) around the long way through the buildings. Admitting to being scared is not something that happens often in a class of 16 year old boys, but a lot of us were quite creeped out that morning...

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRobMan View Post
    We had a chemistry teacher at school called Mr Wickham (no, Austen fans, not that one!). He was about a hundred years old and very pale with white hair - really nice guy and good teacher, well liked, but referred to as 'the ghost' for obvious reasons

One day we were milling around outside the science labs first thing in the morning waiting for him to turn up and unlock the doors. We saw him about 20 metres away, walking across the yard towards us so started picking up our bags and so on - a few seconds later he opened the door for us from the inside. None of us saw him walk past us, and there was not nearly enough time for him to have run (!) around the long way through the buildings. Admitting to being scared is not something that happens often in a class of 16 year old boys, but a lot of us were quite creeped out that morning...
    Maybe the person you saw walking across the yard wasn't your chemistry teacher.. but someone who looked alike that was perhaps visiting the school. Maybe he was in the science class the whole time with the door locked and hidden away in a corner somewhere so he could get some peace and quiet from you to catch up!

I had another strange experience on Sunday. I went to Llandudno on sunday with family and when the manager led us down into one of the dining rooms... he walked by first and a menu slammed down onto the table! and i mean, with great force! baring in mind.. these menus quite small... and heavy ( the covers were made of thick blue leather). there is no way that when the manager walked passed that a draught from him would have knocked it down at the speed.. he was only about 15 inches away from it. even a loose floorboard under the table wouldn't have made that menu fall at such speed.. and besides.. nothing else on the table moved. now.. how would you explain that. Also note.. the menu fell after he passed.. and just before the next person was about to walk passed that table

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    I had another strange experience on Sunday. I went to Llandudno on sunday with family and when the manager led us down into one of the dining rooms... he walked by first and a menu slammed down onto the table! and i mean, with great force! baring in mind.. these menus quite small... and heavy ( the covers were made of thick blue leather). there is no way that when the manager walked passed that a draught from him would have knocked it down at the speed.. he was only about 15 inches away from it. even a loose floorboard under the table wouldn't have made that menu fall at such speed.. and besides.. nothing else on the table moved. now.. how would you explain that. Also note.. the menu fell after he passed.. and just before the next person was about to walk passed that table
    That it was just about to fall over anyway? It was unevenly balanced, that it had nothing to do with anyone in the room and would have fallen over even if the room had been empty?

These sort of things happen all the time, its just us noticing them that makes them seem strange.

For example I have often noticed that streetlights have popped out just as I go past them, walking or in a car (not all the time I hasten to add, but more than once or twice). That might seem 'strange'. But in all the thousands of streetlights, the bulbs have to go at some point and I just have noticed because its happened a few times while I was going past.

Cool Re: Your Spooky Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    If anyone can explain the above that would be extremely helpful, plus I might just get a better nights sleep tonight.
    That's easy to explain. You simply have a poltergeist. Often these entities start off with silly little pranks and tricks; such as the one you mention. After a while they tire of the mundane hum drum stuff and become increasingly violent and enraged with blood lust. There is an easy test to discover what level of anger the entity is currently at - if you actually wake up in the morning it hasn't got to the 'slaughter you in your sleep' stage yet.

Thread Information