Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubbish collection - is it like this for you?

Re: Rubbish collection - is it like this for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Nope, some houses will have 3 bins : brown for garden waste, blue for recyclable waste, green for everything else. We don't have the brown one due to the collection trucks being bigger and finding it difficult to fit down some streets, apparantly . There is no glass collection, you need to take them to the big glass bins in car parks and the like, but there are quite a lot of those.
    I'm like yours (are you in Banbury area?).

Fortnightly alternate collections (one week recycling, other week standard waste).
    What complicates things is you have to pay for a blue bin (which is never large enough), but get a brown bin for garden waste free. We don't use ours as we're on a farm and don't have garden waste, so use it for storing dog food. We're not allowed to change it to be another blue bin (but bizarrely you're allowed to change the green standard waste bin to a blue recycling one).

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emmylou25 View Post
    I'm like yours (are you in Banbury area?).
    Never heard of it (although isnt there a song about a c0ck horse or something ? ).I'm Falkirk Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Never heard of it (although isnt there a song about a c0ck horse or something ? ).I'm Falkirk Council.
    Yep, they've even got a statue by the cross of the fine lady on her horse

Ceroc DJ

London (Finchley) Bizarre rubbish collection here.
    Green wheelie bin for garden and Organic waste only - not cardboard.
    Little black box for tins, cans,glass,paper,textiles and some other metal (depends on what they feel like taking)
    Black wheelie bin for everything else

We've found the best thing is to leave items you don't want on top of the little black bin and usually some passer-by takes a fancy to it and takes it !

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    4. Another box for tetrapaks - which they won't now collect - so they go to a local 'Tetrapak dump' although we could technically speaking chuck them in black bin bags (see 5.).
    JiveLad, as a Recycling Officer in the Tetra Pak Recycling Team I'd like to help you to recycle your beverage cartons. Over 85% of UK Local Authorities are now recycling cartons, so chances are, yours will be too. It might be that they have changed the way of collecting them.

You can either contact us on RecyclingOfficer.UK@tetrapak.com and tell us what district you live in, and we should be able to help you. Or you can find out where you can recycle cartons using our website Tetra Pak Sustainability

Hope that helps!

Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by RecyclingOfficerJ View Post
    JiveLad, as a Recycling Officer in the Tetra Pak Recycling Team I'd like to help you to recycle your beverage cartons. Over 85% of UK Local Authorities are now recycling cartons, so chances are, yours will be too. It might be that they have changed the way of collecting them.

You can either contact us on RecyclingOfficer.UK@tetrapak.com and tell us what district you live in, and we should be able to help you. Or you can find out where you can recycle cartons using our website Tetra Pak Sustainability

Hope that helps!

Jenny
    Hi Jenny

I took them to the local place - opposite Waitrose. Interestingly, I noticed that it was full to overflowing with tetrapaks in it the week before, my neighbour said it was so big, that it would take 10 years before it would be full.... Not sure who is responsible for emptying it.................

Where I live

Brown bin - garden waste - fortnightly
    Blue Bin - Carboard /paper/ bottles etc
    Green Bin - Food waste - fortnightly

Thats they way I split them out

I wish I logged on to see this post earlier on ... it would have reminded me to put out the bins as today is collection day where I live for

1. The big black wheelie bin for normal rubbish
    2. The very small black box for plastic's and cans (we end up having to put plastic's and cans in carrier bags next to this small black box - it's not been a problem yet .....)

Anyway, next week it is collection day for

3. The green wheelie bin - garden and degradable waste

So in both theory and practice collection is fortnightly. This proves to be (especially in summer months) too long to have to wait and just not acceptable.

And now I have to go and get rid of the rubbish as I was too busy 'chatting' and getting distracted!

Peace

Thread Information