Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mamma Mia

Mamma Mia

Went to watch it last night, superb. Many great moments to choose from. But Pierce Brosnan's renddition of sos and i do i do, earachingly funny but i hope he doesnt release an album. The funniest scene fr me was at the end with Stelan Skarsgard and Julie Walters, she is without doubt one of britains finest actresses. I hope any who see it enjoy it as much as i have!

Re: Mamma Mia

Also saw Mamma Mia last night My friend and I laughed til we cried.....ESPECIALLY at Mr Brosnan's singing talents!!!! A real "feel good" movie, just disappointed no one danced in the aisles at our showing, as I hear people have been doing??!!

Talking Re: Mamma Mia

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cookie View Post
    Also saw Mamma Mia last night My friend and I laughed til we cried.....ESPECIALLY at Mr Brosnan's singing talents!!!! A real "feel good" movie, just disappointed no one danced in the aisles at our showing, as I hear people have been doing??!!
    i danced up and down in my seat but me and my friends went when lots of oaps were seeing it, i also belted out my own rendition of money money money, thank you for the music, and gimme gimme. despite no one else dancing, i sure did and it was more the becci show rather than mamma mia lol

Pierce brosnon was really awful wasn't he?? singing i mean, julie walters was fantastic as always and meryl streep's voice was amazing. I had real tears coming out of my eyes when she sang the winner takes it all.

My favourite scene was probably when the young boy is flirting with tanya and she sings does your mother know as well as the dancing queen sequence. Oh just to break out and dance like that!

Definitely the best summer 2008 movie i've seen,

although i have seen two more already and im going to hopefully see the new teen chick flick, angus, thongs and full frontal snogging.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled Feet View Post
    The funniest scene fr me was at the end with Stelan Skarsgard and Julie Walters, she is without doubt one of britains finest actresses. I hope any who see it enjoy it as much as i have!
    Absolutely fantastic performance by Julie Walters and that paticular scene made me laugh so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    i also belted out my own rendition of money money money, thank you for the music, and gimme gimme. despite no one else dancing,
    Pierce brosnon was really awful wasn't he?? singing i mean,
    Yea everyone in the cinema where I went was slightly staid, but I couldn't resist singing along and did some chair dancing, which my friend joined in.I have seen the stage show and the audience paricipation was a lot more full on, we did get up and dance and had lots of hair brush singing going on.

Pierce Bless !that's what made me like it really no one was a professional singer really and it just seemed natural.

'The winner takes it all'' was quite moving the way it was done in the film, but it had a happy Hollywood ending.

Not sure I trust that Sky though

Great feel good film
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Had to laugh, i went to see it again this afternoon. I was the only bloke in there with a horde of teenage girls. A group of them where sat near me and kept looking at me and nudging one on the end, eventualy she came over and whilst blushing crimson asked me " You are hear on your own watching a girls film, ARE YOU GAY?" I did see the funny side thank god and said that i was not. Why cant someone watch a film on his own and not be labeled either a billy no mates, a saddo, or gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled Feet View Post
    Why cant someone watch a film on his own and not be labeled either a billy no mates, a saddo, or gay?
    because teenage girls are usually rather immature, im surprised they went to see mamma mia, i would have thought they'd be flooding in to see Angus, thongs and full frontal snogging. i always get a gang of girls staring at me when i go out to town on my own, laden with shopping bags and dressed like iv come off a cat walk hehe

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

No one was dancing at the showing I went to either. I was singing along to it and I couldn't tell you if I was singing alone or not, as I was so 'involved' There were quite a few that clapped at the end though. (Not applauding my singing, applauding the film ) I wish I hadn't already seen the West End show, as I think it took the edge off of it for me, but still a feel good film and one I'd recommend. Did anyone stay after the film had finished and watch the bit where all the main characters were dressed in 70's spandex gear and singing? It was the bit that made me laugh the most, which was lucky as most of the audience had left so I didn't get too many strange looks at my laugh!

Seen this on Sunday. Took my mum. Loved it. loved it. loved it

I too was singing in my chair and dancing by myself! Wanted to get up and dance but surrounded by muggles...

Only let down was Pierce Brosnan's singing. not saying I can sing better like but just no! lol.

In a nutshell Loved this and want to see the show now!

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post

In a nutshell Loved this and want to see the show now!
    Caz the show is ace and lots more audience paricipation, would like to see it again, so if you want a sing a long, dancing in the ailes daft mate let me know.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Seeing it tonight

Saw the show in London and Las Vegas (vegas by far the best)

Will be interesting to see how it looks at the Cinema, i dont of course expect much re the main characters singing but the back drops and dancing should be good

I might even do a clap if of course 88% of others do

Donna

This is probably one of the best films I have ever seen - had a right scream! Peirce.. yeah you could say his voice is 'peircing!', Meryl Streep played the lead fantastically, scenary is breathtaking, the dancing is fab. (I love the bit when all the guys are lined up along the pier with their fins on... doing these funny little shuffle and a hop type steps and all fall into the water. That woman doing her Micheal Jackson dance on the beach and grabbing her crotch! lol! That julie walters had us all in stitches! She's a right rum one!

Donna

Was this filmed in Cyprus? b - e -a -utiful wherever it was. They must have had such a laugh filming it - I bet things were never quite as straight forward with them all being in stitches most of the time.

The only down side to it, is that obviously the singing has all been pre recorded and then they mime along during the filming... the expressions don't quite match up to the tone that they sing in, and sometimes the miming isn't quite spot on.

Also, I found it frustrating that the younger girl didn't get to find out who her father was after!

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    Was this filmed in Cyprus? b - e -a -utiful wherever it was. They must have had such a laugh filming it - I bet things were never quite as straight forward with them all being in stitches most of the time.

The only down side to it, is that obviously the singing has all been pre recorded and then they mime along during the filming... the expressions don't quite match up to the tone that they sing in, and sometimes the miming isn't quite spot on.

Also, I found it frustrating that the younger girl didn't get to find out who her father was after!
    It was filmed in the Greek Islands of "Skiathos and Skopelos"

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    It was filmed in the Greek Islands of "Skiathos and Skopelos"
    Thought it was one of the greek islands... I wanted to jump into the screen! mind, i think that would probably hurt a little!

Blog Entries

Went to see it with some girlfriends. I was up dancing along with me mates. Big girly flick and definately not for the men in my opinion but there was a few oldies there tapping their feet along.

Brilliant xxxx

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Went to see it with some girlfriends. I was up dancing along with me mates. Big girly flick and definately not for the men in my opinion but there was a few oldies there tapping their feet along.

Brilliant xxxx
    yeah definately a chick flick.

edit: had to look twice at what i put there then.. thought I was having a dyslexic moment and typed out flick chick instead. hmm

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Big girly flick and definately not for the men in my opinion
    I went with my husband, I'll pass on the message from you that he's a Big Girl('s Blouse)

Sidney and I saw this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, you'd probably have to be dead not to enjoy this film! No singing along (though I would have liked to) and only a bit of clapping at the end. I've just bought an Abba greatest hits CD so I can sing along at home & get it out of my system.

I loved the visual design of the film - quite apart from Greece being stunning (must go, must go) I loved scenes like the washing-line one, and the wedding feast with all the non-matching glasses. All a bit mannered and artificial-looking but that's what musicals are all about. So even the poor lip synching didn't bother me. I assumed it was probably meant to look a bit tacky, because they must have the technology to do it better?

Loved the gender turning-around in Does You Mother Know? and Lay All Your Love on Me.

Loads of laughs but also a bit of a lump-in-the-throat moment when Meryl Streep sings the song about her daughter going off to school, which was an unfamiliar song to me - but I guess there's more to ABBA than their umpteen greatest hits.

Know what you mean about Sky, I reckon he's a bit dodgy. Gorgeous abs, though.

GOING OFF ON ANOTHER TANGENT, FUNNIERST FILM I HAVE SEEN THIS YEAR IS [COLORRed"]KUNG FU PANDA [/COLOR]="

Went the other week and really enjoyed it. Cheesy but a lot of fun, real feel good film, helped along by sunny settings and great songs.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    Loads of laughs but also a bit of a lump-in-the-throat moment when Meryl Streep sings the song about her daughter going off to school, which was an unfamiliar song to me - but I guess there's more to ABBA than their umpteen greatest hits.
    Me too.

Thread Information