Thread: Cabarets R Us.

Cabarets R Us.

Hello, friends from Ceroc! The beginnings of an idea, to put together a Ceroc cabaret number in Aberdeen, are coming to me, but I need people to help me work it through. I wouldn't want to rush it, it can be performed if and when its ready, there's no hurry. I thought maybe it could go to the tune Cockney Rebel, which has pauses in the music which could be used for "not just doing something, but standing there". (And with the lovely women and the fine men who dance in Aberdeen, I would be happy with that.) But that's just one tune, there are so many others I could borrow from people. Personally I also like the tune by the Dixie Chicks, "There's your trouble".
    I much admired the cabaret number done by the Dundee group perhaps two years ago now, where their group started in a loose arrangement and gained symmetry as it went along. I'd be looking to see something like that, with pretensions to Troy Game thrown in! er... Maybe not. No doubt there would be several contributors to the choreography, but I'm not expecting litigation between interested parties at this stage. Well, then, are any of you interested in getting this together and sending me to Ceroc Producer heaven...wherever the hell that might be? I just want to be a part of it. Dunno where, dunno when, what do we do for a venue ? Contact rolandvanderplas@aol.com, tel ***** ******.

Re: Cabarets R Us.

Originally posted by Roland, Aberdeen

I much admired the cabaret number done by the Dundee group perhaps two years ago now, where their group started in a loose arrangement and gained symmetry as it went along.
    Not sure if we meant to be quite so loose early on, Roland, but I know what you mean, and thanks for acknowledging the symmetry later!

Seriously though, Aberdeen, go for it - sometimes dance teams squabble and fall out, but we had a wonderful time as a team rehearsing and getting to know each other far better than you ever do on a normal dance evening. The whole experience was the highlight of my dance career (winning at Musselburgh and Blackpool helped too, but really that was the icing on the cake!!)

Thread Information