Thread: Stabbed to death over a dance

Blog Entries

Stabbed to death over a dance

Just read this story about a man (father of one) at a party who was dancing with a girl and a jealous bloke pulled out a knife and stabbed him. He staggered out and was helped by nearby nightclub staff, but he died in hospital.
    It's hinted in the article that him and the girl were flirty dancing as if maybe that was some kind of motivation:
    "The person who attacked him was obviously jealous over how him and a girl were dancing together."
    I guess you don't get all of the details from an article like this, but I thought that even in the muggle world a flirty, suggestive dance could still be just a dance?
    Or does a dirty muggle dance always mean more than a dirty dance to us?

Re: Stabbed to death over a dance

Obviously we weren't there but it depends on the dancing.. I mean to be a dance to us dancers is usually just a dance but very often in the muggle world it is seen as a come on if you dance sexily with a guy. Also I guess it depends on the dance and how close you do get.... Good thread Gav

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    ... at a party ...

... a jealous bloke ....

... a knife ...
    There was probably alcohol at the party. Jealousy can be triggered by all sorts of things, a look, a laugh, sometimes even less, sometimes nothing at all. Carrying a knife is a sign of fear and hate.

The dance is probably much less significant in these events than the history of the assailant and what he had consumed.

I think it's incredibe and so sad that people can have so little respect for human life that they can actually kill someone over something like this. Fighting over it is bad enough, but to actually kill someone...?!

We dance like we do on a regular basis and you expect a certain amount of flirting on the dance floor, but we have the huge advantage that the other people attending dance classes or freestyles gernerally expect the same. Muggle dancng is a completely different as dancing is used as a way to attract the opposie sex, so it brings out people's jealousy and insecurity and unfortunately that's when things like this happen. I guess we're in a little bit of a happy bubble in the world of Ceroc, so we should definitely consider things like this when dancing elsewhere...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    I guess we're in a little bit of a happy bubble in the world of Ceroc, so we should definitely consider things like this when dancing elsewhere...
    Good point.

I'm going to a friend's wedding in August. She was the one that introduced me to Ceroc and we always manage to have a dance on the rare occasions we bump into each other. She's introduced her fiance to dancing, but he's not into it as much as the rest of us.

When we all still lived in Norfolk and went dancing together, we could do whatever we wanted on the dance floor. However, I wouldn't dream of doing any kind of flirty dancing with her on her wedding day. Not in front of all the muggle family and friends, because I've never met most of them.

Can you imagine the gossip and rumours?

I'm fairly sure no-one would stab me at a wedding though.

Cool Re: Stabbed to death over a dance

Maybe worth remembering that to a dancer, dancing is just dancing. But in the twisted world of the Muggle it is usually a form of drunken foreplay. If you want to dance in a flirtatious manner with Muggle people it may be wise to invest in a stab vest

She must have been quite a sort for the stabber to have prepared well in advance to carry such a weapon and go through with the action (unless.... he batted for the other side and it was the guy that was the good sort!)

I'm fairly sure no-one would stab me at a wedding though. [/quote]

Obviously never been to a wedding in Scotland then...!!!

Thread Information