Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Freestyle Leicester

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Fresh Freestyle Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Now , who would have believed that on the Scottish Forum, "Mikey" would be told of, mildly for been to well behaved

Was I really that well behaved..
    I told you that being a ' Mikey hater' wasn't compulsory for all forumites!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokebloke
    Scary Cru ,
    Amazing how one person's comment can be taken as gospel and become the reason for other's misguided opinions. (I can fake scary, if you want, SB!)
    Last edited by Cruella; 20th-July-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    I told you that being a ' Mikey hater' wasn't compulsory for all forumites!
    Compulsory, no.. fashionable perhaps, at one time
    Last edited by Sinner; 20th-July-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Cool Re: Fresh Freestyle Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Amazing how one person's comment can be taken as gospel and become the reason for other's misguided opinions. (I can fake scary, if you want, SB!)
    Last night's dances were beautiful Cru, there's really no need to fake anything

Now , who would have believed that on the Scottish Forum, "Mikey" would be told of, mildly for been to well behaved

Was I really that well behaved.. :
    Yes, now can we have Mikey back please. xx

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke;487254

Next events there will be November and December. I would strongly advise booking up early, because when word gets around about this nicely central event you may be hard pressed to get a ticket on the door. For an opening night it was amazing -[B
    blowing established nights like Daventry out of the water![/B] If the two events were to clash I know where I would be dancing.

Total respect has to go to Kalli & the crew :
    Daventry has always been my best freestyle, but i'm with you on this SB

so pop pickers Fresh has just come straght in at the number one slot

fashionable perhaps,
    flip me looks like everyone is having a go at fashion at the moment.

good job I don't do fashion 'im fletch'

Forgot a couple of people of significance on the 1st post.

Board Rider marvellous lead and cheeky as a kitten.

Fruity Oranges...Superb mover and another cheeky kitten.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    one of your more positive posts.
    I like to be constructive...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Sounds like a great venue and I love that you can dance until 3am. Missed this one but will definitely try to make the next one.
    We will have to make a weekend of it Rosie. Im gonna have to go just to see the Pams people show.

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    There was a nice friendly atmosphere last night, not a harsh word or nasty look in the place.

Some London venues seem to thrive on venom and rudness as of late, and then there is the added benefit of escalating knife crime in the Metropolis combined with outragous parking problems. There doesnt seem to be a comparisson for me anymore.

Having had a new start recently I am going to endeavor to dissasociate myself from the nastiness of before and immerse myself in happier climates.

If I have a 1 or 2 hour journey for dancing I will certinally be heading up North where the air is cleaner and the locals are friendlier and the beer is A LOT CHEAPER.

This is of course my own humble opinion and no reflection on any persons living or dead.

DTS XXX XXX
    Allow me to clarify what I mean on the above post....

Nothing in this post is a dig at Trouble, Trouble is a great and dear friend of mine who recently helped me with a serious problem that I had in my life.
    Without Trouble;s help, support and love I would not be here now.

So let me be clear a dig at London is not a dig at Trouble, the woman saved my life and I will always love and respect her and we both look forward to a long and deep friendship for the rest of ours lives.

We are both moving on and would ask that mutual friends remain just that...Mutual friends.

DTS XXX XXX

Had a surprisingly good night for the 3 hours I attended Fresh. Apart from the trek to the loos (& no feedback about the Euphoria room as I didn't go in there) I can't think of anything negative to say about the venue - some great music, nice mood lighting, good floor, nice chill-out zones, easy to find & park at.
    I had some great dances, some of the more memorable being with Spice'n'Easy (gently & with good posture), DTS, Stokie, Noel, Captain Fantastic, Boardrider (where'd you go), Mikey, Lloyd, Vince, but my best dance of the night by far was my steal dance with Noel & Stokie - it was so awesome we even got a round of applause. They were passing me between them so seamlessly, at times part-way through a drop, and I trust them so completely with my safety I could just enjoy having the undivided attention of two of my favourite leadsWhat a hardship
    I've never actually made it to Daventry, so I can't make a comparison, but I would go again (as long as it didn't clash with WCS of course)

Commercial Operator

Hi All
    Just sat down at my desk so time for a post!

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody involved for putting on such a great night at Leicester. There was obviously a lot of hard work went into the event and it really showed.

Great to meet some of the forumites there. Dave the Scaff', watched you dance at the start. How long you been dancing? Superb..(not sure about the 'First Move Hair Pull' though )

Lovely to say hello to Fletch. Sorry I hadnt seen your posts before . Thanks for coming and having a dance with a newbie like me. To be able to dance with someone like you after just 3 months 'on the scene' just shows what a great social scene Ceroc is.

Thanks to Fruity Oranges as well, lovely dance and you made me laugh too, what more could a guy want!

Cant wait for the next one. We are going up to Kidderminster next weekend. 2 room event back near my home land (West Mids.). Any of you guys venturing in that direction?

Take care
    MarkO

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post

Yes - Mikey without the usual dose of UC&P wasn't quite the same!

Hope you get back to your usual cheeky self soon hun x
    Mikey aka Sinner has been a massive influence in my style of dancing and in my humble opinion the lack of classes at weekender;s without Mikey;s input is nothing short of denying a lot of new dancers the chance to see and learn from a true master.

The world of mj weekends is left wanting without a cheeky Mikey class or two to spice the event up a bit.

Nice to see you at Leicester Mikey and many thanks for being a significant factor in molding my, and loads of others, style of dancing.

DTS XXX XX

Quote Originally Posted by SmileySue View Post
    but my best dance of the night by far was my steal dance with Noel & Stokie - it was so awesome we even got a round of applause.
    Watching that was one of my highlights!

Commercial Operator

Nice to see you at Leicester Mikey and many thanks for being a significant factor in molding my, and loads of others, style of dancing.

DTS XXX XX

Couple of points...
    1 I know i spelt moulding wrong, but you get the point, substitute shaping, I can spell that.

2 Stokie!!!! Do not think I havent noticed you calling me a lady, because I have.

DTS XXX XXX

The world of mj weekends is left wanting without a cheeky Mikey class or two to spice the event up a bit.

Mikey 10am class at southPort was one of the only classes I have ever done, It was my first SP and before I joined the forum. It realy started the day with laughter and fun, some of you will remember my joining the forum and the reasons...........IMO Mikey has been given bad press by a few people that have other issues with him.

He is 'The Master' on stage his teaching ability is just

Watching the class from the side lines has been as much fun for me, the look on peoples faces, classic.

and it is nice to see a bit more of you recently.

Quote Originally Posted by marko View Post
    Lovely to say hello to Fletch. Sorry I hadnt seen your posts before Thanks for coming and having a dance with a newbie like me. To be able to dance with someone like you after just 3 months 'on the scene' just shows what a great social scene Ceroc is.

Quite funny when we were introduced, you asked if I was on the froum and my name...my reply yes i'm fletch, your reply 'oh I havent seen any of your posts'

:

almost as funny as a lady asking DTS if he was a bigginer yesterday at Bromsgrove 't' dance

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
    I like to be constructive...:
    a balance of good bits and bad bits, I like your style.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Im gonna have to go just to see the Pams people show.
    I don't think its worth doing the milage for i'm glade Joe wasn't there he would have died of embassesment

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post

I don't think its worth doing the milage for i'm glade Joe wasn't there he would have died of embassesment
    You'll be amazed what i will travel to see. I would have been with Joe on that one though

Cool Re: Fresh Freestyle Leicester

2 Stokie!!!! Do not think I havent noticed you calling me a lady, because I have.

DTS XXX XXX
    In a very manly way of course - opps!!! I think I got away with that

Oooo, I LOVED that event! I can’t believe how quickly the time went.

I haven’t really done much blues before, but I spent most of my time downstairs. I’m guessing I must have danced with some forumites but don’t have a clue who they might have been… Could that have been DTS I had my first dance of the night with upstairs near the stage?? I'm not good at describing people, but distinguishing features I do remember from downstairs were a very tall bloke, a tall bloke with a trilby hat, a tall Latin looking bloke, a bloke who was snoozing in the corner at the back with whom I also had the last dance or thereabouts, a bloke in black with a dark stubble head and matching goatee (no hang on, that describes at least 10 men I danced with)…Anyone recognise any forumites from those descriptions?

…Only things I really didn’t like about the evening were the flashing lights upstairs, because I can only take a small amount of them before they give me a migraine, which was another reason for spending most of my time downstairs. Also I agree that it was far too loud upstairs, and I’m not keen on the continuous track thing at all. Having the cakes appear was a nice touch (couldn’t eat them myself, but I thought it was a lovely idea). But otherwise, brill venue, great dancing, fantastic.

I’m definitely going to the next one, hope I don’t have to wait too long for it.

Aye aye were you the tall blonde sharing our table? The table next to stage on the right hand side looking at the stage.

If you were it was probably me, i did tend to dance at the front of the stage for most of the night. Bugger I am turning into a hot-shot.

DTS XXXXXXX

[quote=Moondancer;487504]Oooo, I LOVED that event! I can’t believe how quickly the time went.

I'm not good at describing people, but distinguishing features I do remember from downstairs were a very tall bloke, a tall bloke with a trilby hat, a tall Latin looking bloke, a bloke who was snoozing in the corner at the back with whom I also had the last dance or thereabouts,

I think you were being stalked by a tall bloke with a variety of cunning disguises.

DTS XXX XXX

Thread Information