Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Freestyle Leicester

Fresh Freestyle Leicester

Ok sport fans pin back your ears and take note.

A fantastic night, the nearest thing to a weekender that you will ever attend.

Marvellous music, combined with 2 rooms made a musical feast that I eat heartilly from.

The only dances that I missed was when I was changing shirts or at the bar. It was 1 of those nights that ended at 3am, and you were left thinking "where has the night gone too?"

Basically danced all night, arrived in the zone and stayed in it all night.

Memorable bits...Dancing like Pams People on stage with the multi talented and gorgeous Fletch, dancing with Stokie, Spiceneasy, Tallguyniceshoes and Steven666. Making Twirliebird scream like a school girl on a 1st date,(I will let her explain).

Loads of forumites there and masses of stunning women who danced like Angels. Honestly did not have a bad dance all night.

Music was superb as was all aspects of this venue.

Note to venue organisers, as this venue is going to be, unquestionably extremely popular, please remember all the nice things I am saying about you and squeeze me in for future oversubscribed dances.

In a word bloody marvellous. Ok it is 2 indulge me I am a humble scaffolder.

DTS XXX XXX
    Last edited by dave the scaffolder; 20th-July-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Re: Fresh Freestyle Leicester

Totally agree, very good night love the 2 room concept, but IS IT REALLY NECESSARY to have the main room system turned up so much it distorts badly?
    Rob Ambridge played an excellent set but it sounded awful, please Rob learn what the clip light on the amps is for - it's red and called clip for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
    Totally agree, very good night love the 2 room concept, but IS IT REALLY NECESSARY to have the main room system turned up so much it distorts badly?
    Rob Ambridge played an excellent set but it sounded awful, please Rob learn what the clip light on the amps is for - it's red and called clip for a reason...

one of your more positive posts.

Fresh last night.

what a fab night, I had my best nights dancing since SP.

Lovely venue I felt right at home as soon as I arrived.

I loved both set Mark and Rob, danced on the stage with DTS, he lived up to his devilishly handsome reputation.

Some highlights.

dancing with

Noel
    Stokie
    TSH
    Tor
    Claire
    DTS
    Mikey
    Foxy
    Tall guy nice shoes, I also got a toe suck
    spice n easy

I loved this venue and the work Kalley and Jeff have been putting in really showed, anyone that's anyone was there, who need London with a venue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post

Some highlights.

Tall guy nice shoes, I also got a toe suck

I loved this venue and the work Kalley and Jeff have been putting in really showed, anyone that's anyone was there, who need London with a venue like this.
    London is over-rated.

There are no finishing touches and extras anymore.

Everything cut to the bone.

Competition is needed to raise the ante.

Sounds like a great venue and I love that you can dance until 3am. Missed this one but will definitely try to make the next one.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Sounds like a great venue and I love that you can dance until 3am. Missed this one but will definitely try to make the next one.
    Unfortunately had prior arrangements this time and being a woman of my word my conscience wouldn't let me go back on my word. Had a fab muggle night but sorry to hear I missed a great freestyle night.. I know how much work Jeff and Kali put into this one

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post

London is over-rated.

There are no finishing touches and extras anymore.

Everything cut to the bone.

Competition is needed to raise the ante.
    There was a nice friendly atmosphere last night, not a harsh word or nasty look in the place.

Some London venues seem to thrive on venom and rudness as of late, and then there is the added benefit of escalating knife crime in the Metropolis combined with outragous parking problems. There doesnt seem to be a comparisson for me anymore.

Having had a new start recently I am going to endeavor to dissasociate myself from the nastiness of before and immerse myself in happier climates.

If I have a 1 or 2 hour journey for dancing I will certinally be heading up North where the air is cleaner and the locals are friendlier and the beer is A LOT CHEAPER.

This is of course my own humble opinion and no reflection on any persons living or dead.

DTS XXX XXX

I had one of the best nights for a while. Fantastic venue.

The main.
    it was a bit on the hot side for me. Acoustics were a little bit on the boomy side.

The blues room
    I spent most of the night in here and it was sex on the dance floor, the music was awesome the dancer well what can I say they were bril.

The cake to celebrate Mark's birthday was nice perhaps this should happen at all freestyles, please take note Ceroc.

Commercial Operator

A two hour journey each way for me, home to a happy waggy doggie (with 4 crosed paws.lol) and worth the pain when i woke up this morning !

Fantatsic nights dancing all round.
    Totally agree with comments on upstairs, only addition, would have liked a few tracks not from the 7 minute club mix section I had to admit defeat and headed to the superb blues room, just wish I had gone sooner..

A "HUGE" thank you to all the ladies whom I had the pleasure of dancing with..

to name but a tiny few..
    Fletch ( If i could remind you, its just 1mm of cotton ! )
    Elaine
    Jeni
    Sophie
    Diana
    babe 1
    babe 2
    babe 3
    babe 4
    one with the cute bum
    babe 5
    well , all the babes

Hope I am free of my own commitments to make the next good dance.

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post

Having had a new start recently I am going to endeavor to dissasociate myself from the nastiness of before and immerse myself in happier climates.

If I have a 1 or 2 hour journey for dancing I will certinally be heading up North where the air is cleaner and the locals are friendlier and the beer is A LOT CHEAPER.

X
    There was a buz and freshness (get it) about last nights venue.

Everyone seemed up for it and ready to rock and roll from the word go.

And DTS be gental with the new locks

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Dynamo View Post

The cake to celebrate Mark's birthday was nice perhaps this should happen at all freestyles, please take note Ceroc.
    It does when i'm there there isn't a week that goes by whe I don't buy a cake.

Mark we need another drop your trousers comp

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    A
    A "HUGE" thank you to all the ladies whom I had the pleasure of dancing with..

to name but a tiny few..
    Fletch ( If i could remind you, its just 1mm of cotton ! )
    Elaine
    what ? your getting boring in your old age, bit of UC&P won't hurt, and I won't acuse you of been inapropriate, am I scary ?

soooo funny Elaine told me she had made a new discovery when I asked her who she said, 'i'll point him out his name is Mikey' hehehehe!

thanks Elaine, i'll send you one your way in return.

Commercial Operator

what ? your getting boring in your old age, bit of UC&P won't hurt, and I won't acuse you of been inapropriate, am I scary ?.
    I was feeling emotionally fragile and thats the crappest excuse I can come up with for my good behaviour...

soooo funny Elaine told me she had made a new discovery when I asked her who she said, 'i'll point him out his name is Mikey' hehehehe!

thanks Elaine, i'll send you one your way in return.
    Aww bless her, I have only been dancing for 23 years and teaching for 22 of them I was "her" new discovery, as was she, mine

[quote=fletch;487139]Fresh last night.
    what a fab night, I had my best nights dancing since SP.
    /quote]

Thanks in particular to Steven666 , Stokie , DTS (especially liked the hair thing!) and Captain Fantastic ! All the dances I had were very good but it is great to see people you didn't expect at a venue. Music was great in both rooms but far too crowded upstairs. I took a bit of time to get used to the floor downstairs and the loos were a bit of a trek but otherwise a very good venue indeed.

Also thanks to those above who also danced with Sophie and to Fletch, Rebecca and TB who danced with Tom.

Got back at 5:45am.

Just woke up at 5:45pm.

Still alseep so a short post.

Fab night, especially loved the music upstairs as a lot of music I've heard but never danced to but wanted to was played. Actually enjoyed dancing in a blues rooms for a change to.

(and a certain un-named bikini lass asked me to dance, so I'll take back my previous comments from another thread)

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

bit of UC&P won't hurt . .

Yes - Mikey without the usual dose of UC&P wasn't quite the same!

Hope you get back to your usual cheeky self soon hun x

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post

Yes - Mikey without the usual dose of UC&P wasn't quite the same!

Hope you get back to your usual cheeky self soon hun x

Now , who would have believed that on the Scottish Forum, "Mikey" would be told of, mildly for been to well behaved

Was I really that well behaved..

This was certainly a good night of dancing with a great crowd of dancers. The venue is pretty impressive and it would be nice to think that there might be more free-styles here in the future. Doubt it could be booked during term time but three or four free styles a year could be fitted in during University holiday periods (e.g. July, September, December and March / April) avoiding direct clashes with the Daventry ones.

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Was I really that well behaved..
    Yes! - felt like asking for my money back

No worries - you can make up for it next time

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post

No worries - you can make up for it next time
    Yes maam.. with interest.

Cool Re: Fresh Freestyle Leicester

This review only concerns the blues room; as that's where I spent the entire night. I hear the Euphoria room was also a success if a little hot at times.

For me, this was one of, if not the BEST freestyle I have been to all year. The way that music and lights were set up in the adjoining anterooms lent a real weekender feel to the night. With people sitting, chilling and relaxing whilst still in eye and earshot of the blues room.

I know that I am so lucky to have Twirlie Bird, it means no matter where I go I have an awesome follow to dance with. Many thanks to her for making the night as special as it was. I had some lovely dances, and at the risk of forgetting people huge respect to Smiley Sue, Scary Cru , Zebra Woman, Easily Led, Rebecca, DTS, Alex, Kalli, Jan, Sophie, and Fletch... and all the other ladies.

Where to start?!?! The music (which can make or break a night) was sublime. Mrs Pears ruled the decks for a couple of hours at start of the night. Then Marc took the decks after a quick blast of 'Happy Birthday' from the crowd. Of course Marc's set was up to the usual high standard, and it was difficult at times finding a moment to catch your breath.

Free iced water from the bar. Friendly staff. Laid back atmosphere. And finally a venue with proper cooling. We didn't get home until way past silly o'clock and we're a little tired but euphoric today.

Next events there will be November and December. I would strongly advise booking up early, because when word gets around about this nicely central event you may be hard pressed to get a ticket on the door. For an opening night it was amazing - blowing established nights like Daventry out of the water! If the two events were to clash I know where I would be dancing.

Total respect has to go to Kalli & the crew

Thread Information