Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing old gracefully (and sexily)

Re: Growing old gracefully (and sexily)

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I know she's my mum but she's nearly 73 and I think she's wonderful
    73 , I'd put her at 50 !

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    73 , I'd put her at 50 !
    She's not 73 until the beginning of August! I'll be in enough trouble putting her pics on here, let alone adding another year to her age!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Commercial Operator

playing 'dress up' in 'my' clothes. I just wished I looked as good in them as she does.
    I've played that "game" with Lory. If you're thinking of playing, be warned, you'll never be quite the same again

Quote Originally Posted by Georgious dancer View Post
    Talking of growing old gracefully I came home last night and my mum was watching 10 years younger, the outcome was amazing, did anyone else see it?
    I love that program. Those women really do look completely different.

Sometimes I think the dental work they do looks very fake, but the hair and makeup is amazing.

Mind you, I have noticed that every single woman they work on is a heavy smoker. You do wonder what they are going to look like in a years time. I'd love them to do a "Ten years Younger - Revisited", like they do with Grand Designs. I bet most of them go back to looking like washed up old slags.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I love that program. Those women really do look completely different.

Sometimes I think the dental work they do looks very fake, but the hair and makeup is amazing.

Mind you, I have noticed that every single woman they work on is a heavy smoker. You do wonder what they are going to look like in a years time. I'd love them to do a "Ten years Younger - Revisited", like they do with Grand Designs. I bet most of them go back to looking like washed up old slags.
    Would definitley be interesting for them to revisit them.

Last nights one was amazing, but it involved plastic surgery, personally I prefer the ones that are all done naturally with new make up, hair cut etc. as I feel this is more insprining for us ordinary women!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgious dancer View Post
    Talking of growing old gracefully I came home last night and my mum was watching 10 years younger, the outcome was amazing, did anyone else see it?
    The outcome was amazing just from watching it!? Damn! I need to set Sky+. Maybe I could look, eh, 18 again by this time next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I bet most of them go back to looking like washed up old slags.
    Don't hold back, DT. Say what you mean...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    Maybe I could look, eh, 18 again by this time next week...
    They do plastic surgery, hair and make-up not miracles .

She's not 73 until the beginning of August! I'll be in enough trouble putting her pics on here, let alone adding another year to her age!
    I would have said 49 if Id known

In my profile there is a pic at me aged 43 and my mum at 69 I think we are both looking ok

I thought the whole point of growing old was that you could do it disgracefully? The older you get, the less people mind - you are now 'eccentric' rather than ridiculous. My grandmother is certainly growing old disgracefully, having a whale of a time - and I want to be just like her.

But seriously, I get your point about ageing gracefully (becoming more refined, perhaps?).

I notice myself having to make certain changes just I'm getting to 'that age'. The shortest skirts are a definite no no, and I wear much less make-up now, otherwise it starts to 'crease' in my wrinkles...

Another few years and I'll back to the floor-length skirts that I always wore til my mid-20's - I had never worn a skirt above knee length or high heels til I got to 30.

Absolutely gob smacked at Lory's mum - she is sooo stunning! I wish I could look like that now!!!

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    I thought the whole point of growing old was that you could do it disgracefully? The older you get, the less people mind - you are now 'eccentric' rather than ridiculous. My grandmother is certainly growing old disgracefully, having a whale of a time - and I want to be just like her.

But seriously, I get your point about ageing gracefully (becoming more refined, perhaps?).

I notice myself having to make certain changes just I'm getting to 'that age'. The shortest skirts are a definite no no, and I wear much less make-up now, otherwise it starts to 'crease' in my wrinkles...

Another few years and I'll back to the floor-length skirts that I always wore til my mid-20's - I had never worn a skirt above knee length or high heels til I got to 30.

Absolutely gob smacked at Lory's mum - she is sooo stunning! I wish I could look like that now!!!

Rachel
    Bar humbug, you look great when ever I see you, Marc is a very lucky fellow

Please no long skirts, we like the look of your lovely legs

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    fab post RR

Gok's my hero.....

IMO he has flair, insperation and true tallent, unlike some I could mention

keep smiling, and keep laughing
    gok wan is amazing, every time i see his beautiful face in dorothy perkins i suddenly start smiling and feeling fabulous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Good grief Lory. Did you say she is nearly 73. Thats unbelievable. I am in shock. She doens't look a day over 40 in those pictures. Is it all natural???

Blimey, now we know where you get ya good genes from.
    Wow, that is one super sexy 73 year old. She looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    gok wan is amazing, every time i see his beautiful face in dorothy perkins i suddenly start smiling and feeling fabulous!!!
    Gok is a genius - what he achieves without any expensive cosmetic surgery or dental work is I think more impressive and helpful to the average person than the sort of thing done on "10 Years younger". That's not to say that the results on "Ten Years younger" are not some times impressive, but it is even more impressive when such transformations are achieved without spending a small fortune and when the confidence of the individual and their self image is so visibly improved. Gok has the ability to make people feel so much more confident about themselves and you feel that he really brings about a lasting transformation in their lives.

I was reading a new book - forget the title. (library book)- about preventing aging at 50+

It said that some folks have a mind set that when they hit thier 50's they expect to age and to get health mobility problems.

GP's buy into this too saying "well it's your age", when it's all about keeping active.

The book said that the worst thing you can do, if you have difficulty getting up and down stairs, is move into a bungalow and take things easy.

........I know she's my mum but she's nearly 73 and I think she's wonderful
    wow !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Good grief Lory. Did you say she is nearly 73. Thats unbelievable. I am in shock. She doens't look a day over 40 in those pictures.........
    (I think you made a mistake and they are photos of your sister)

Quote Originally Posted by thainmaggiet View Post
    Your mum looks absolutely stunning!!!
    absolutely

BTW the outside DOES matter (from an oldie that knows)
    Last edited by Minnie M; 17th-July-2008 at 10:48 PM.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

She's not 73 until the beginning of August
    oh well thats why she looks so good then phew and there was me thinking she was 73 hhehehe

I have to say just like everyone else here lory i am amazed in the bikini she looks mid 50s to me.
    Fully clothed she looks no more than 50
    I take it she had you when she was almost 50 then

One could discuss for ever the causes, and implications, of Helen Mirren's continuing hotness. You could be all “Russian genes” this, and “No children” that, and “Does this mean old biddies can be sexy?” the other.
    But this would be - and you know this, if you consider it for a second - a punch in the face of joy. You don't need to analyse Mirren. You don't need to break her down. One does not analyse Nature's most fabulous outrages. Would you run tests on the cherry blossom of Japan? Catalogue the socio-political ramifications of a sunset? Search out data on a heron knifing into the lake?
    When I look at Helen Mirren, thighing her way into the warm sea, I feel a surge in me - a huge, joyous surge, as big as if I were eating a pancake. Fabulous Mirren, I think. Still non-collapsible and fruity. Vibrant in a century of dolorous decay. As cheering as a mongrel in the front seat of a convertible - or a child, twirling in new yellow shoes.
    When you look at these pictures, say to yourself, “It is 10.30am on Thursday, July 17, 2008, and I am looking at Helen Mirren's awesome, deathless tits and ass. The world is beautiful.

(The Times, July 17)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    When I look at Helen Mirren, thighing her way into the warm sea, I feel a surge in me

ewwwww

The secret to a youthful look for both men and women is STRESS

In general happily married, contended people tend to put on weight and let there appearance slip. Then when the S..t hit the fan (Divorce Separation) the pounds fall off them they start to take pride in there appearance. Its natures why of get them ready to attract another mate.

Now I am sure there are exceptions, but this is the Norm. Celebs have lots of Stress and plastic surgery so they are going to look great.

Thread Information