• Fri - High Five Modern Jive Dance Social (Crosland Music) - Rugby

0 0%
  • Fri - Red Hot & Blue - Edinburgh

9 12.86%
  • Fri -Funky Bloo Munky - Chorleywood

7 10.00%
  • Fri - Mojive/Smooth Jive Fusion 2-tone - Verwood Hub

1 1.43%
  • Fri - Gingerjive Freestyle - Melksham (nr Bath)

2 2.86%
  • Fri - LeRoc Big Freestyle - Tylney Hall (Leatherhead Leisure Centre)

1 1.43%
  • Fri - CerocMetro Meltdown - Cheshunt

6 8.57%
  • Sat - CerocMetro Tropical Teazer -Chigwell

2 2.86%
  • Sat - CerocMetro Sensations - Stevenage

1 1.43%
  • Sat - Ceroc Fever 'The Big One' freestyle - Totton

0 0%
  • Sat - 'Fresh' Freestyle (Ceroc Central/Ceroc UK) - Leicester

17 24.29%
  • Sat - 'Rat Pack' Party (Ceroc Midlands) - Hednesford (Cannock)

0 0%
  • Sat - Ceroc Freestyle - Ritz Brighouse West Yorks

0 0%
  • Sat - WCS Workshop & Freestyle with Lee Easton & Chelsea - Wellingborough

6 8.57%
  • Sat - Putney, London

2 2.86%
  • Sat - Ceroc Scotland Party night, Scone Hangar - Perth Airport

4 5.71%
  • Sat - Rivoli Ballroom - Band night

0 0%
  • Sat - Strictly Ceroc Gloucester Freestyle - Walls Sports & Social Club

3 4.29%
  • Sat - Northwich ball

5 7.14%
  • Sat - Blitz Chester White or Bright Summer Ball - Chester Guidlhall

1 1.43%
  • Sun - T Dance (Corporate Dance Company) - Bromsgrove

3 4.29%
  • Sun - Smooth freestyle (The Blue Room) - Beeston (Nottingham)

1 1.43%
  • Sun - WCS workshop & T-dance with Paul & Cat - Windsor

3 4.29%
  • Sat - Saturday Showcase - ALN Portsmouth

1 1.43%
  • Sun - Berko

5 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who's going where? Weekend 18th/19th/20th July 2008

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Who's going where? Weekend 18th/19th/20th July 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    and even more depressing, Next having a great shoe sale today and i couldn't go in and buy any.. cant try em on
    That's a dreadful excuse! You have 2 feet, so try the shoe on the good foot! What sort of lightweight shopper are you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    That's a dreadful excuse! You have 2 feet, so try the shoe on the good foot! What sort of lightweight shopper are you!

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post

Though you had been quirt. :flower

I'm flattered that you 'noticed'. No one else did :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    I'm flattered that you 'noticed'. No one else did :-(

I notice more than you think

are you coming to le Rock next weekend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I'm going 'Clubbing' on Saturday night at a night club reunion in Welwyn garden City.

It's the first time I've been to a propper club for about 10 years. I have no idea what to wear (all my clothes are things I jive in), and I think I've forgotten how to muggle dance.
    Step 1) Stand with weight on one foot.
    Step 2) Exchange weight onto other foot
    Step 3) Exchange weight back to first foot
    Step 4) See step 2
    You couldn't have known I suppose, but you're post is like the student trying to teach the master. I joined DT at the club later and she was stunning. Made all the other, perfectly good muggle dancers, look like three-legged donkeys on the dance floor.

Reminds me of S'Funk when DT was dancing in front of me whilst I was sitting. The lady next to me said "You're in for a good night. I'm completely straight, but I'm getting hot and bothered".

I'm not listening to Gav any more.
    "Let's go to Cheshunt tonight" he says "I know its a load of pants, but it's only up the road".

It's actually a nice venue, but my God, that DJ wants shooting. Is he trying to kill the old folk who frequent Cheshunt by playing the likes of fekkin' Candy Man and other really crap songs that are much too fast to MJ to?

If he actually stayed on the stage and watched the room he might realise that 95% of the dancers were struggling to keep up with his poor choice of tunes, but he'd just bugger off to the bar or chat to his mates every 2 minutes.
    It wasn't just the speed either. In the short time we were there, there were at least 3 tracks played that most people just couldn't dance to. Either because of a constantly changing rhythm or because it was a slow, but not quite blues beat. There was a Tango track which, those who could Tango seemed to enjoy. The rest of the room struggled and failed to MJ to it. There is no excuse for this, there are plenty of Tango track that can be MJ'd to.
    If a DJ wants to play something a little different, he should try it out first, or ask someone else's opinion before inflicting it on a room.

Had a lovely time on Saturday at Northwich, with three DJs, Blueshoes was as always playing beautiful music.

Have to mention Snow White and Raphael, really brilliant that you travelled so far to dance and survived my cooking. [Well I hope you did anyway] Enjoyed the afternoon and evening so much with you guys.

Freya was magic to dance with and really impressed with the drops, a wow dance.

Lovely to get the opportunity outside of Scotland to dance with pmjd.

Becky played some nice music to tango to,gave me the opportunity to practice my tango with your hubbie Peter.

A big thank you to Keith and Janey who always make everyone feel special.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Had a lovely time on Saturday at Northwich, with three DJs, Blueshoes was as always playing beautiful music.
    I was tempted 'oop north' by Ruby and I am so glad I made the journey! I was dreadfully disappointed that Trouble couldn't make it but...

I had an absolutely awesome time!

I've never been to a Revolution Dance event before, but I shall certainly be going again in the future - wow! Keith and Janey were the perfect hosts and no little finishing touch was left undone. The All White theme created quite a surreal, almost angelic, feel so it was good to see that Raph had lost none of his devilish streak!

Blueshoes played music that really hit the spot for me (apart from the Latin stuff - obviously....) and the dances we had were fab! Thank you for teaching me how to 'go down' I'm sure that will prove to be very useful in the future

Raph was in a playful mood, I was lucky enough to dance with PMJD to 'Poison' , the 'sing-along' to a Neil Diamond track was the cheesiest fun ever AND Keith and Janey had supplied the chocolate! It doesn't get much better than that...

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome, Ruby, your 'red free' food was divine and I shall certainly be heading through passport control and up that way again!

I had the best night at the Hanger in Perth last night!

The Scottish dancers were so friendly and Trampy's set was so good that I danced nearly every track.

Glad you're having a good time in Scotland, honey. Looking forward to catching up with you this weekend x

Just back from the Bromsgrove 't' dance, and i'm shatterd

I had a fab time, thank you to Martin Harper for my wonderfull dances.

Onkar and TantrictGodess fab company e- mail me the photo's pleassssse.

I don't Know what the locals thought of DTS hold that.....one ask him if he was a bigginer at the start of the evening I think she was slightly embarrassed when she watched him dancing with Onkar she just hadn't danced with some one that played had fun any anything goes...bless

Dave you turned a few heads. the ledgend continues

Ok sports fans just got home after the incredible Leicester venue and Bromsgrove T Dance.

At this moment I have been up for 43 hours straight with no sleep. Danced like an Angel tonight and was still asked if I was a beginner by a large lady, who is a beginner herself, a non forumite I may add.. Dancing with this lady was a Pickford;s moment ie Like moving furniture.

Honestly you do your best to be magnificent and dance with cat like swiftness and are you appreciated....No you are not, it is enought to make me vote Labour.

Many many thanks to my wonderful host XXXXXX.

DTS XXX XX

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    I was tempted 'oop north' by Ruby and I am so glad I made the journey! I was dreadfully disappointed that Trouble couldn't make it
    Next time try and stop me. Foot still holding me back somewhat. Limping like a NPC car park attendant. Getting dressing changed today, hopefully i'll get some good news although im not holding my breath. Roll on next couple of weeks when i shall be out and about catching up with the missed couple of months.

Had a tricky choice to make on Saturday night - support the local Ceroc freestyle (a real rarity having one held in Cambridge) or support the local (ish) WCS venue at Wellingborough. The triple stepper in me won out and I had a really enjoyable night. Not huge numbers in attendance but enough that I couldn't quite manage a dance with everyone in the room. A varied mix of music, much of which was on the slightly faster side than we are used to for WCS in the UK. Lee Easton had taught a workshop in the afternoon (which I didn't attend) and he taught a line dance for the evening which was good fun and I just about got it by the end. Only downside to this venue is the floor not being sprung - my feet were very sore by the end of the night - but that's a minor negative to the many positives.

Ceroc DJ

It's actually a nice venue, but my God, that DJ wants shooting.
    I'm shot.

Thought i'd revive a few tunes but obviously not your taste. For your info, the only place I dashed to was to my immediate left to have a smoke - from where I can keep an eye on the floor - I'd have gone to the bar to my mates but I haven't got any.

Red Hot & Blue

Well, it was DD's 50th and a mighty fine night it was. FOUR DJs and some of the finest and friendliest dancers across Scotland. Lost count of the lovely dances I had ... a true embarrassment of riches. Had my first dance with LuLu, caught up with the A-Team of dancers: L Monkey; Pauline (Cheeks) and Ali (F Hips). Also had a wonderful dance with a great newcomer, Kayleigh (Pauline's lovely daughter). Usual regret ... all the great dancers who I missed and the fact I can't remember the names of the other lasses who made the night such a pleasure.

Aside from the great fun that RH&B usually is ... it was very moving to be part of the actual birthday celebration and the presentation to John from his family. This time next year we're looking for a live set form John and his new 'best friend'

Also, special mention to the new converts from Englandshire, Helen Zambass (NE instructor) and Dance Cat who came, saw, danced and now believe. Both lovely dancers and were mightily impressed by the friendliness and skills of the local dancing. Big shout to the John and Hazel Luzby and Brian ... fantastic dancers who I could have quite happily watched all night.

Can't wait to get back up again.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    There was a Tango track which, those who could Tango seemed to enjoy. The rest of the room struggled and failed to MJ to it.

So what you're saying is, there was a Tango track, and loads of room to do it in because lots of people didn't want to dance to it.

And the downside is...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post

So what you're saying is, there was a Tango track, and loads of room to do it in because lots of people didn't want to dance to it.

And the downside is...
    clearly one for the Tango snobs

We are both so dissapointed that we couldnt make RH&B, pesky children and (lack of) babysitters donchaknow.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    the only place I dashed to was to my immediate left to have a smoke - from where I can keep an eye on the floor
    I can't believe you are saying you keep an eye on the floor.

I've been to Cheshunt regularly for 4 years now and It's always the same. It's like you flick through your collection of tracks and chose the absolutely worst selection you can find to MJ to. Have you even tried dancing to them yourself?

From what I can see, a lot of the dancers that frequent Cheshunt, only really go to Cheshunt (I rarely see anyone from Cheshunt anywhere else) so have little or nothing to compare you with. Luckily for you, ignorance is bliss.

For the first year or so Cheshunt was the only venue I went to. I didn't even realise Ceroc was a franchise all over the country, so stuck with Cheshunt even though I hate (most) of your music. Thank God I found the forum to broaden my MJ horizons.

This is just my opinion obviously and I suspect while Cheshunt stays busy you couldn't give a toss what I or any other customer says. I don't suppose losing my £8 is going to bankrupt Ceroc Metro.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    If only that were the case. Bless the Cheshunt crowd who probably wouldn't know a Tango track from a piece of cheese, they all did their absolute best to bounce along to the beat (apart from KevF and partner) and failed horribly. You'd have to give them 10 out of 10 for their bouncy blind enthusiasm.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So what was the track then?

Oi, and DT, stop having a go at Robin, there's a lot worse DJs around...

Thread Information