Thread: Insurance Comparison Sites : Ambulance Chasing Parasites

Insurance Comparison Sites : Ambulance Chasing Parasites

Just a little warning about those insurance comparison sites, specifically confused.com in my case I used it a year ago to get a good deal on my cars, it worked OK, I gave it all of the details including a very minor no-fault tailgating that happened to my car some years ago.

Since then I have been plagued by cold calls from the no-win-no-fee parasites who know about this minor trivial shunt, some b*stard has sold the exact details to just about every land shark going. I've been contacted by at least half a dozen of these scum trying to drum up business.

It doesn't matter what you opt in/out of, it doesn't matter if you've got TPS on your line, if you use confused.com then your details are likely to be sold by somebody and you will be pestered.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Insurance Comparison Sites : Ambulance Chasing Parasites

best bet is to plead ignorance, even -if necessary - about the name they've got - "who?"

Strangely relevant to me..

I've just spent some time trawling for new insurance quotes and was quite shocked for my phone to ring halfway through the process with a guy from Privilege "I believe we've just been top of the quotes from confused.com"

They weren't the best (2nd best actually ) but I wasn't too happy to be called like that

Needless to say I haven't gone to them but someone else instead. That's one customer they've lost.

However, it is worth rechecking renewal prices - I was with Direct Line, their renewal price was £40 more than the quote their website gave me (though they did offer to price match), but I've just saved £100 (although half of this is through a cashback site)

I played around with confused.com once. I didn't give it my real details, making up a fictional person who lived in a fictional flat next door to mine.

Strangely enough, I have never been bothered by marketers phoning me up trying to sell me insurance.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Yep, I used confused.como and found myself being called up almost instantly by a few companies. I even got several emails from unrelated companies as well.

And yeh, I was with Direct Line, their website was cheaper, but I found a better deal by about £50 elsewhere and got freebies too. Many insurance companies rely on people who dont bother to check their renewals, they make a killing from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keefy View Post
    Just a little warning about those insurance comparison sites, specifically confused.com in my case I used it a year ago to get a good deal on my cars, it worked OK, I gave it all of the details including a very minor no-fault tailgating that happened to my car some years ago.

Since then I have been plagued by cold calls from the no-win-no-fee parasites who know about this minor trivial shunt, some b*stard has sold the exact details to just about every land shark going. I've been contacted by at least half a dozen of these scum trying to drum up business.

It doesn't matter what you opt in/out of, it doesn't matter if you've got TPS on your line, if you use confused.com then your details are likely to be sold by somebody and you will be pestered.
    Next time, look out for the box where you refuse them permission to give out your details and make sure you tick it. Write to them now and withdraw your permission to do that.

See Data Protection Act.

Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boi View Post
    Yep, I used confused.como
    ...brother of the more famous Perry?

Thread Information