Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sex on the beach in Dubai

Re: Sex on the beach in Dubai

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    So when in Rome, OK to have sex with 14 year olds (the age of consent in Italy) or do you keep your UK values and add on local country values, or something else?

For me it is number 1, keep home country rules and add on local rules.

Seems like there is a big to do about a couple of people with no respect, getting caught out and having to pay for it. The payment in this case being minimal.
    It’s not obligatory to have sex with 14 year olds, You don’t have to do something that is morally wrong according to your own culture but you do need to be mindful and respectful of the cultures that you are visiting.

At the end of the day this is all academic anyway.

They broke the law, was given a chance to walk away choose not too and are now whinning about it. Drink has a large part to play in all of this.

I wonder if they were sober would they have choosen this course of action?

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

So what can we learn from this..... DONT GET CAUGHT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    And if a policeman gives you an out...Take it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Which part of this are you failing to grasp? Or are you just trying to be awkward?

For goodness sake Michele you know what they did was wrong, your a loving mother who would be offended by this behaviour on a public beach, especially after they were asked to stop by a policeman.

What are you on DTS.

I know what they did was wrong. Read the posts again. The questions i am asking are is......
    1.how many of us have done it and how many of us read the islands small print before we did.
    2. Isn't this hypercrital of Dubai to arrest them for drunkeness and Sex outside of marriage when they clearly allow it full stop. (and yes i know they were in public but even so.... if they want to state this is law, then it should not be tolerated even privately)

Finally.. i would never take Adam to Dubai... me and Danny cant have sex on the beach if we take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious View Post
    The rule in the US military is that you stick to whichever is the most restrictive law out of the laws of all American states plus the local law - for example, they are not allowed to drink alcohol below 21, even in this country where the age limit is lower; nor, to use Martin's example, would they be permitted to have sex with anyone under 18, or to have homosexual sex, in any country, regardless of the local law.
    Crikey.........well isn't it the case that oral sex is illegal in some states - and I could be wrong, but isn't having a hand shandy illegal in Utah?

Must be tough being a solider.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    You don’t have to do something that is morally wrong according to your own culture but you do need to be mindful and respectful of the cultures that you are visiting.
    Unless you come over to the UK to live from overseas

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post
    I wonder how many of us would infact check the laws everytime we visited a new country....? (no sex before marriage??,no sex on the beach?? life would be bloody boring)
    I would think it would be common sense if you were visit - lead alone moving to a country with a different cultural/reglious base to you own to check up on these things.

I know that went I went to Turkey for 2 weeks I made sure to check out the basic laws - for muslim country they have very secular laws.. although there are those that are trying to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    I would think it would be common sense if you were visit - lead alone moving to a country with a different cultural/reglious base to you own to check up on these things.

I know that went I went to Turkey for 2 weeks I made sure to check out the basic laws - for muslim country they have very secular laws.. although there are those that are trying to change that.
    Some people dont give a toss though

Like the couple (both women) walking around Cario in their bikinis and wondering why they get stick etc

Like the 18-30 crowd pissing and puking all over the locals

[quote=Trouble;508181]

What are you on DTS.

I know what they did was wrong. Read the posts again. The questions i am asking are is......
    1.how many of us have done it and how many of us read the islands small print before we did.
    2. Isn't this hypercrital of Dubai to arrest them for drunkeness and Sex outside of marriage when they clearly allow it full stop. (and yes i know they were in public but even so.... if they want to state this is law, then it should not be tolerated even privately)

Thank you for your balanced reply shame you did not qoute the most important bit which was...They were warned to stop and did not.

This whole debate hinges upon that. They were given an out and choose to carry on and then were arrested, now they face the consequences of ignoring the warning. As young Adam says

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

You don’t have to do something that is morally wrong according to your own culture but you do need to be mindful and respectful of the cultures that you are visiting.
    That depends. I know some women would be morally outraged to be forced to cover up their arms and shoulders, as you have to in some countries. Mindful yes, but not necessarily respectful ...e.g. execution for being gay is not worthy of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    Lets hope they don't manage it, the Muslim world needs a country to lead the way to civilisation.

...but then so do most "western" countries for different reasons. I wonder what country is closest to being truly civilised? Probably Norway

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    Sods law that during there 3 minutes of passion the police came along. Maybe reduce the 10 seconds of foreplay next time ??

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    during 3 minutes of passion
    Eh? You're gonna do it twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    That depends. I know some women would be morally outraged to be forced to cover up their arms and shoulders, as you have to in some countries. Mindful yes, but not necessarily respectful ...e.g. execution for being gay is not worthy of respect.
    Totally agree with you on that point DS, in fact I would make it a point not to visit a country that would execute a person for being Gay

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    So.....Vince and Michelle are going to be jailed for 3 months (they can appeal). Is that fair? (They could have been jailed for several years...).
    I suppose 3 months is better than 9 months .... although SHE may well have got a 9 month concurrent sentence.

oral sex is illegal in some states
    Bloody right too..! Who wants to talk about it, when you could be getting down to the real thing.

but isn't having a hand shandy illegal in Utah?
    Is that a cocktail?

It’s not obligatory to have sex with 14 year olds, You don’t have to do something that is morally wrong according to your own culture but you do need to be mindful and respectful of the cultures that you are visiting.
    I think at the end of the day you have to live with yourself and do what is right by you.

The rules are there and you should respect them,else pay the price. We choose the rules we follow. for example we all speed from time to time and get speed tickets as a result. We are very sensitive about race jokes thu.

My simple point was that UK laws are more relaxed in some ways than laws in Dubai.

Spanish and Italian laws are more relaxed in some ways than laws in the UK.

Don't go over to another country, p1ss on thier laws, and expect to be let off every time.

Imagine a person from Spain or Italy living in the UK, having "underage sex" and expecting to "get away with it" as they are from Spain or Italy (where it is ok)... There would be an uproar if they only got a fine, or were totally let off.

Would the headlines read... "Spaniad arrested for breaking UK laws, we should let him off"... I think not.

I consider this to be a direct comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

Is that a cocktail?
    Yes - I think it's one of those creamy ones.

Blog Entries

Yes - I think it's one of those creamy ones.
    Well thanks JL thats just put me off the lovely FBI 's at TGI's.....

And what states is oral sex illegal in and how on earth do they police that one????

Thread Information