Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sex on the beach in Dubai

Blog Entries

Re: Sex on the beach in Dubai

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    If they did that the tourist industry in Dubai would collapse over night. I suppose you could look at it two ways...

a. The authorities in Dubai turn a blind eye to unmarried couples booking holidays together so the tourist industry is not affected and they still make lots of money...just don't rub it in their faces by shagging on a beach or else.

b. This is Hypocritical beyond belief and if the authorities turn a blind eye to make money from tourism, the law should be changed to accomodate the tourists who spend money their.
    i think both points could be correct.... and sorry to do this love but HELLO!!!!
    I think you will find that the correct one is there.

their.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    and sorry to do this love but HELLO!!!!
    I think you will find that the correct one is there.
    It's only taken you 42 years to learn the difference. Well done.

If they did that the tourist industry in Dubai would collapse over night. I suppose you could look at it two ways...

a. The authorities in Dubai turn a blind eye to unmarried couples booking holidays together so the tourist industry is not affected and they still make lots of money...just don't rub it in their faces by shagging on a beach or else.

b. This is Hypocritical beyond belief and if the authorities turn a blind eye to make money from tourism, the law should be changed to accomodate the tourists who spend money their.
    Am I the only one who believes that sex behind closed doors is vastly different to sex on a public beach.

If you and gav was walking along the beach in Brighton and 2 people were having drunken sex on the beach in full view of your children would you not be affected in some way.

You may walk away and leave it at that. A policeman has a duty to the public to deal with this situation, if after a warning to stop by said policeman, they choose not to then the policeman must act according to the law, which he is paid to uphold.

They would have been arrested in this country.

I wish people would read my posts properly. I actually said...

I suppose you could look at it two ways...
    I haven't actually given an opinion.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dave's right.

Firstly, they're not a couple of 18-year-old tourists, they're two ex-pats, they're professionals, and in their 30's.

Secondly, they've been there long enough to know what the laws were on drunkenness, on public indecency, and on unmarried sex.

Thirdly, they were warned and still carried on.

They got off extremely lightly - and she'll probably get a satellite TV chatshow out of it also, "Bonking In Public Places" or whatever, so I'm not shedding any tears over them.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Dave's right.

Firstly, they're not a couple of 18-year-old tourists, they're two ex-pats, they're professionals, and in their 30's.

Secondly, they've been there long enough to know what the laws were on drunkenness, on public indecency, and on unmarried sex.

They got off extremely lightly - and she'll probably get a satellite TV chatshow out of it also, "Bonking In Public Places" or whatever, so I'm not shedding any tears over them.
    Deep down I knew you loved me really, oh Masterfull one.

Blog Entries

Dave's right.

and who made you judge and jury Bailey.

There is no right and wrong on the forum.. Its all love bliss and general talking bollox.
    Opinions, comments, ideas, luvvie **** and all..... there is nothing right and wrong about any of it, its just all talk.

Dave's right.

I have to agree with you DJB. When in Rome do as the Romans, when in Dubai, hire a room and leave the beach to more enlightened cultural destinations

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    I have to agree with you DJB. When in Rome do as the Romans
    So when in Rome, OK to have sex with 14 year olds (the age of consent in Italy) or do you keep your UK values and add on local country values, or something else?

Just using this as an example, as some have said... apply UK rules regardless...

Or is it just what suits the individual at the time and then whine about it...

So is it:

1. Keep home country rules, add on local rules
    2. Keep home country rules only
    3. Go for the local rules only
    4. Something else

For me it is number 1, keep home country rules and add on local rules.

Seems like there is a big to do about a couple of people with no respect, getting caught out and having to pay for it. The payment in this case being minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Hello am I the only one that thinks they made their choices and should live with the consequences of their actions. If they were not drunk this wouldn't have happened.

Another example of drunken Brits abroad ignoring laws and customs of the host country.....IMHO they got off very light and deserve all they got.

They got off very lightly

There are parts of the world were breaking local laws and customs will result in your immediate death

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    So when in Rome, OK to have sex with 14 year olds (the age of consent in Italy) or do you keep your UK values and add on local country values, or something else?

Just using this as an example, as some have said... apply UK rules regardless...

Or is it just what suits the individual at the time and then whine about it...

So is it:

4. Something else

Seems like there is a big to do about a couple of people with no respect, getting caught out and having to pay for it. The payment in this case being minimal.
    Sensible post most people in this country would not have sex with anybody under the age of consent as defined by the laws of this country.

If in another country take their laws and customs and add them to your own and bloody behave yourself, then bob's your uncle no problems.

They were caught and are paying a light price for it. The days of gun boat diplomacy are thankfully long gone. What they did is offensive in any culture AFAIAC. If asked to stop by an officer of the law they should have stopped, thet choose to ignore a warning and are paying the price. thats why we and every country have laws.

Where's barry when we need a sensible interpretation of this one??????

Blog Entries

and who made you judge and jury Bailey.
    If it's any consolation, you're cuter

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    So.....Vince and Michelle are going to be jailed for 3 months (they can appeal). Is that fair? (They could have been jailed for several years...).

'Sex on Dubai beach' couple Michelle Palmer and Vince Acors jailed - Times Online

as far as the laws in that country goes I think the sentence is fair - I think some locals there would think that it was a mere slap on the wrist.

Dubai is very generous to westerners living there and has many exception laws for them

And while I don't believe the law to be correct it is the law - however when they made the choice to live in Dubai - they put them selves under the law of that country.

So simple solution if you don't like a countries laws and don't wish to be constrained by them - don't go to that country.

So is it:

4. Something else

The rule in the US military is that you stick to whichever is the most restrictive law out of the laws of all American states plus the local law - for example, they are not allowed to drink alcohol below 21, even in this country where the age limit is lower; nor, to use Martin's example, would they be permitted to have sex with anyone under 18, or to have homosexual sex, in any country, regardless of the local law.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    So simple solution if you don't like a countries laws and don't wish to be constrained by them - don't go to that country.
    Absolutely but i must say (not that ive ever done it myself... find sand far too uncomfortable) how many of you have had sex on the beach on holiday... of course nobody is going to admit it but im sure quite a few have.

Did you check the laws out before hand?

Blog Entries

Absolutely but i must say (not that ive ever done it myself... find sand far too uncomfortable) how many of you have had sex on the beach on holiday... of course nobody is going to admit it but im sure quite a few have.

Did you check the laws out before hand?
    Technically, it's illegal in this country, let alone others.

In fact, I'd be surprised if it was legal in most countries.

So its 13 in Spain and 14 in Italy ?? Didn't know that

Re the law I thought it was illegal to have sex on the beach in UK (Public indecency etc) or is that wrong ??

All this talk of sex makes me want get a cup of tea

So having sex on a beach and a policeman asks them to stop, no arrest at this time, just a warning.

Warning ignored and then arrested.

Which part of this are you failing to grasp? Or are you just trying to be awkward?

you know that what they did was wrong.

let me put it this way would you be happy on a beach with a drunken couple having sex in front of you and danny and young Adam?

For goodness sake Michele you know what they did was wrong, your a loving mother who would be offended by this behaviour on a public beach, especially after they were asked to stop by a policeman.

I wonder how many of us would infact check the laws everytime we visited a new country....? (no sex before marriage??,no sex on the beach?? life would be bloody boring)

Thread Information