Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sex on the beach in Dubai

Re: Sex on the beach in Dubai

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Then you could die your hair blond, walk around with a small dog in your handbag, make a record and do a series on how crap you are at domestic duties.
    Yah...I don't think blond suits me, though.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    I always try to sign my reps (unless I forget, that is) - but now if someone's stupid enough to post stuff to warrant neg-rep, and complain about it, and doesn't want to pay up the small contribution to the forum that would let them know who it was, it would actually encourage me even more to give anonymous neg-rep.
    well said, i can identify with your reasoning there

Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    she's a woman, what do we expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    as usual the negs are afraid to out themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    I always try to sign my reps (unless I forget, that is) - but now if someone's stupid enough to post stuff to warrant neg-rep, and complain about it, and doesn't want to pay up the small contribution to the forum that would let them know who it was, it would actually encourage me even more to give anonymous neg-rep.

Dep ... I know I'm going off thread, but given some of the 'strong' women on the thread ... how the hell did you think posting something as outrageously offensive and provocative like that was NOT going to incur some wrath. Even I wouldn't try that . I think you should thank your lucky stars that your 'boys' are still attached to the rest of you and not being force fed to you with a little side order of salad ... well, at least lucky until Caro tracks you down in person

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post

Dep ... I know I'm going off thread, but given some of the 'strong' women on the thread ... how the hell did you think posting something as outrageously offensive and provocative like that was NOT going to incur some wrath. Even I wouldn't try that . I think you should thank your lucky stars that your 'boys' are still attached to the rest of you and not being force fed to you with a little side order of salad ... well, at least lucky until Caro tracks you down in person
    Just to continue this particular line........I found it interesting that the (not so very) Reverend Jesse Jackson used the words:
    "I want to cut his nuts out" following that speech by Obama. I found this to be an interesting expression.

Is this an American way of putting it? Of course an English priest would probably have said:
    "I want to cut his nuts off".

The connotation of "cutting out his nuts" conjured up in my mind a somewhat gruesome scene: Jesse with scalpel in hand over a spread eagled Barack, endeavouring to extract the nuttiest of nuts.

I do hope Jesse manages to spend the rest of the campaign somewhere out of the media spotlight or at least to engage his brain before opening his mouth when in range of a mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Yes, he has since married her.

Mind you, one of the three charges is sex outside marriage. Will this alter the verdict?
    The press was wrong - he hasn't married her apparently.

Yesterday he gave a press conference apologising for his behaviour.

He's British.

It didn't mention if he was in a relationship, but he has a son.

Can't remember his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    The press was wrong - he hasn't married her apparently.

Yesterday he gave a press conference apologising for his behaviour.

He's British.

It didn't mention if he was in a relationship, but he has a son.

Can't remember his job.
    The Sun has it here.... Dubai beach sex Vince begs for mercy | The Sun |HomePage|News

He is the boss of an SMS texting firm..............

So.....Vince and Michelle are going to be jailed for 3 months (they can appeal). Is that fair? (They could have been jailed for several years...).

'Sex on Dubai beach' couple Michelle Palmer and Vince Acors jailed - Times Online

Blog Entries

Im off to Maldives in October.... Have own beach with beach hut.... (not that im boasting) so can have the crashing waves, sea lapping at ya feet sexual adventure without the fear of imprisonment if i want but i must say.......... isn't that sentence a bit harsh this day and age, i mean fine them and make them pay but to be put them in prison.......... its only a leg over. !!

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    So.....Vince and Michelle are going to be jailed for 3 months (they can appeal). Is that fair? (They could have been jailed for several years...).

'Sex on Dubai beach' couple Michelle Palmer and Vince Acors jailed - Times Online
    I think the report sums it up well.

They got off lightly.

If they only got a fine, it would send the message to others, that they can do what they like, not consider the locals and at worse, throw some cash at the problem and it will go away.

So a drunken couple was having sex on the beach, was warned by a local policeman to stop. Choose to ignore his warning and carried on.

Arrested and given a light sentence and now are whinning about the laws and culture of the host country.

Hello am I the only one that thinks they made their choices and should live with the consequences of their actions. If they were not drunk this wouldn't have happened.

Another example of drunken Brits abroad ignoring laws and customs of the host country.....IMHO they got off very light and deserve all they got.

Blog Entries

The couple was arrested in July and charged with sex outside marriage, public indecency and drunkenness.

Sounds like a typical night out in most European countries to me

Anyway lets break this down....

Illegal to have sex outside of marriage......Does that mean if we went to Dubai unmarried that we can be arrested for having sex.

DrunkenessIf
    we get drunk in Dubai, would be be arrested??

Public indencency i grant is something i would not do as i have never had sex in a public place mulawd as im sure nobody has done on this forum..

he who cast the last stone and all that ......

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    The couple was arrested in July and charged with sex outside marriage, public indecency and drunkenness.

Sounds like a typical night out in most European countries to me

Anyway lets break this down....

Illegal to have sex outside of marriage......Does that mean if we went to Dubai unmarried that we can be arrested for having sex....Yes

DrunkenessIf we get drunk in Dubai, would be be arrested??...Yes

Public indencency i grant is something i would not do as i have never had sex in a public place mulawd as im sure nobody has done on this forum..

he who cast the last stone and all that ......
    ...After a warning from a policeman they caried on...She could have been stoned to death.

Respect the laws and culture of the host country...Simple case of respect being replaced by drunkeness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    ...After a warning from a policeman they caried on...She could have been stoned to death.

Respect the laws and culture of the host country...Simple case of respect being replaced by drunkeness.

yes thats true but still over the top i think.

Also... if they are going to be that strict on the first two points.... surely they should not allow unmarried couples to book rooms together.... this would absolutely mean they are tolerating sex before marriage.

They should also not serve alcohol beyond two drinks... or they are tolerating drunkeness.

outdoor sex, yes was wrong.

Im off to Maldives in October.... Have own beach with beach hut.... (not that im boasting) so can have the crashing waves, sea lapping at ya feet sexual adventure without the fear of imprisonment if i want but i must say.......... isn't that sentence a bit harsh this day and age, i mean fine them and make them pay but to be put them in prison.......... its only a leg over. !!
    If you going to Kuramathi , there is a long jetty and at the end no way can you be seen (at night of course)

Couldn't believe my friend telling me that

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post

True, theres a lot of "their own fault" here but it doesn't change the fact that the laws are 100 years behind ours. Imagine if it had been 2 men having sex on the beach perhaps stoning may have been an option.

yes thats true but still over the top i think.

Also... if they are going to be that strict on the first two points.... surely they should not allow unmarried couples to book rooms together.... this would absolutely mean they are tolerating sex before marriage.

They should also not serve alcohol beyond two drinks... or they are tolerating drunkeness.

outdoor sex, yes was wrong.
    Ok I am not getting into a long discussion with you but this whole thing hinges on this ....They were asked to stop by an officer of the law and choose to ignore his warning. They were given a chance to walk away and choose not too.

Now they are whinning about the consequences of their drunken unlawfull behaviour, they are not excited teenages but mature adults who were well aware of the laws of the host country.

Drunken arrogant Brits abroad, marvellous representation of our culture.

Too often people think it ok to act as they would locally, and then do the same with no regard to the country they are visiting.

Age of consent in Spain is 13.

So if someone from Spain came to the UK and had sex with a 13 year old, would that be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    it doesn't change the fact that the laws are 100 years behind ours.
    Maybe the UK laws are 100 years behind the Spanish laws, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    True, theres a lot of "their own fault" here but it doesn't change the fact that the laws are 100 years behind ours. Imagine if it had been 2 men having sex on the beach perhaps stoning may have been an option.
    Yes good point but they were aware of the laws of that country and choose to disregard them after a warning from a policeman.

It was their choice to do this because they were drunk in a country where drinking is a crime.

For goodness sake it was their own fault, not a mistake due to ignorance of the law, they made a choice to ignore a warning and are now paying for that choice. These are not heroes but drunken law breakers who got off lightly.

As for 2 men having sex on a beach in this country....Suicide.

surely they should not allow unmarried couples to book rooms together.... this would absolutely mean they are tolerating sex before marriage.
    If they did that the tourist industry in Dubai would collapse over night. I suppose you could look at it two ways...

a. The authorities in Dubai turn a blind eye to unmarried couples booking holidays together so the tourist industry is not affected and they still make lots of money...just don't rub it in their faces by shagging on a beach or else.

b. This is Hypocritical beyond belief and if the authorities turn a blind eye to make money from tourism, the law should be changed to accomodate the tourists who spend money their.

Thread Information