Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Steven666 rep giving out thread

Re: Another Steven666 rep giving out thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    absolutely, but it is NOT a face to face conversation and the assumption should be that the people "abusing" you are shouting at the screen, the avatar, or the text they see, not YOU personally.
    If you ARE in a face to face conversation, the assumption should be that the people "abusing" you are shouting at the air molecules between you, the photons reflecting from your visage, or the waves of variable air pressure leaving your mouth, not YOU personally.

On here I am Dave The Scaffolder.

In real life I am

Dave The Scaffolder.

On here I am devilishly handsome.

In real life I am devilishly handsome.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    On here I am Dave The Scaffolder.

In real life I am

Dave The Scaffolder.

On here I am devilishly handsome.

In real life I am devilishly handsome.

DTS XXX XXX

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper View Post
    If you ARE in a face to face conversation, the assumption should be that the people "abusing" you are shouting at the air molecules between you, the photons reflecting from your visage, or the waves of variable air pressure leaving your mouth, not YOU personally.
    eh? what the hell are you talking about? I'm pointing out the difference between typing to an unknown entity and speaking to someone in front of you. We rely on non-verbal communication a lot for initial conversations and also take into account; location, the way the person is dressed, our own personal bias...etc... a conversation on the Internet has NONE of these things and CANNOT be as personal (even if you DO know the person as you're talking to an image of them in your head not the current reality - they may be missing an arm since last you met).

Stone me who,s missing an arm now?

I have some ointment if it helps.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?
    I was agreeing with you! If you're not transmitting thoughts directly into someone else's mind, then obviously you're only insulting the communication method, not the human being at the other end of it. That's just common sense.

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, like there are no direct personal insults thrown out on this thread. If insults are given and there are many on here from time to time, they are normally directed at that person and the person may or may not know them but either way i think on here people are far brasher than they are in real life and things said on here when in front of would not be said.

I think its easier for people to be braver in their comments/remarks. Some people do it for wind ups, some poeple do it because they are upset/tired, some poeple do it because they just want too but when you meet these people they are entirely different (in most cases but not all).

On the forum, I am me. And in real life, I am me Anything else would be way too confusing!

I do understand the question Steven, I can absolutely assure you though, that what you see (or what you read ) is what you get with me.

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu Baby View Post
    On the forum, I am me. And in real life, I am me Anything else would be way too confusing!

I do understand the question Steven, I can absolutely assure you though, that what you see (or what you read ) is what you get with me.
    Me too. Don't have the time, energy, desire or imagination to come up with another persona to use online. If I express an opinion on here, it is my opinion. Life's too short for all that marlarky.

This might be why some people get upset about insults and others don't. If person A expresses an opinion, and person B slags it off, then I can see why A might get upset, as their beliefs (which are a part of them) are abused, so it feels as if they personally are being abused. Person B might take the view that what happens on here isn't real, and so anyone who gets upset is just being silly - the veiws were attacked, not the person.

Thread Information