Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Price of water at Daventry freestyle

Re: Price of water at Daventry freestyle

The Ceroc rule issue is a bit of a side show in my view - the real issue is what is a reasonable price to have to pay for water at this particular event given that, due to quite exceptional circumstances, no tap water will be available. Charging £1 a bottle is one thing when customers have a choice but quite another when they don't. Irrespective of the validity or enforceability of the Ceroc Central rule it is almost certain that the operators of the venue in question have their own rule which says the same thing and they could presumably chose to enforce it. I don't really relish the thought of potentially having to debate the issue with venue staff or management on the night - I want to enjoy myself, not get into an argument.

I have e-mailed David Bradley about the issue but as yet have had no response so I do not know what, if anything he has done about it. As time is running out I may be left with little option but to try to take the matter up directly with the company who operate the venue. However I am extremely busy at the moment so I might not have time to do this.

My basic complaint is that by apparently wanting to charge £1 per 500ml. for bottled water when the normally available much cheaper alternative (tap water) is not available is exploiting the current unfortunate situation over the lack of a water supply for financial gain and imposing a significant and unreasonable additional cost on customers. Either the "ban" (if that's what is can be called) on taking in your own water should explicitly be lifted for this event or bottled water should be made available at a much cheaper price, though obviously not a cheap as the price normally charged for tap water. Drinking a large amount of water is not a choice at this event, it is a necessity.

The last time I was at Daventry, I did not hear the last orders call for the bar. Found myself dying for some water for the last hour at least and only fizzy drinks were available from vending machines.

I will bring my own water for the last part of the night. Might buy a couple of G&T's from the bar

Quote Originally Posted by JoannaC View Post
    The last time I was at Daventry, I did not hear the last orders call for the bar. Found myself dying for some water for the last hour at least and only fizzy drinks were available from vending machines.

I will bring my own water for the last part of the night. Might buy a couple of G&T's from the bar
    You wont be the only one.

I think I detect a missing apostrophe type thing ..... shall I have him shot?

Smile Tap water is great !

Water crisis: All clear for tap water - and up to £30 compensation! - Northampton Chronicle and Echo
    "everybody affected by the water crisis can start drinking tap water immediately"
    Monday was a long time ago ... don't let the pessimists put you off.

Quote Originally Posted by JoannaC View Post
    I think there was meant to have been free tapwater supplied when the bar closed (as previously ?), but apparently no-one asked for it ...

Buckingham is/was a BYOB CC venue in May ...
    Ceroc Central - Newsletter

Of course, it is always a good idea to have some bottles of water in your vehicle for any journey.

Thumbs up Even Daventry tapwater is great

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    There is no chance whatever of water supplies being restored to Daventry by this week-end. It is areas around Northampton that will be getting their supply back this week-end but not Daventry.
    And just in case you say "But that's Northampton" :

Tap water gets the all clear - Daventry Today - Back to Home Page

And here's the map for Silverstone Diversions if you're coming from the South: M1 or M40+ 'Blue route' from Banbury looks useful !
    Silverstone Travel Advice, News and Information
    Last edited by EricD; 5th-July-2008 at 03:06 AM. Reason: map

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    I guess you never went to Ashtons,
    what about you venue David, 'Ice'

Re: Even Daventry tapwater is great

Quote Originally Posted by EricD View Post
    And just in case you say "But that's Northampton" :

Tap water gets the all clear - Daventry Today - Back to Home Page

And here's the map for Silverstone Diversions if you're coming from the South: M1 or M40+ 'Blue route' from Banbury looks useful !
    Silverstone Travel Advice, News and Information
    Well, that's a total surprise (and a very welcome one) - even yesterday Anglian water were still saying that the water in Daventry and adjacent areas would not be given the all clear until next Friday.

Great news, the water crisis is over and normality is restored it would seem.

Thread Information