Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Should teachers take their bad modes out on dancers

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Should teachers take their bad modes out on dancers

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    .... Pammy Anderson?

Aye ..... I think there were some pretty lousy undercurrents and unsubstantiated comments ...... but hasn't the subsequent debate clarified the situation .... and given popcorn lovers everywhere something to sit back and enjoy?
    well, true - can't argue with that.

i only like popcorn for the first 4 minutes after it was made though

Well I have just arrived home after a fab evening at THE Worthing class.

There were FIVE men over for the beginner class so I 'followed' - the first time I have been a follower in a beginners class in about 10 years !

It was hard not doing my little 'twiddly bits' and stick to the basics as taught by the handsome teacher. The lesson lasted 45 mins and considering there were a few 'virgins' in the class everyone was doing this basic routine by the end of it. To me that tells the story we all need to hear (Can't understand what the problem grease has with the teaching)

A few of my friends arrived at the time of the second class so we went outside to the seating area with our freebee coffees to chat. If it was cold or raining, there is a nice area by the entrance with NINE comfy chairs (most venues I have been to don't have so many comfy chairs in the chill out area)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    as taught by the handsome teacher.
    I was there and I can confirm that the teacher was particularly handsome tonight

The night was well attended and, after starting with 5 guys over. We were moving on one lady by the end of the beginners lesson and for the whole of the intermediate lesson.

Minnie M did her chatting outside during the intermediate lesson and seemed to enjoy herself in the freestyle. I didn't manage to get a dance with her as she is very sexy and popular with the tall, young, good looking guys

Would someone please pm me and tell me who is who in this thread, I know Andy McGregor is involved somewhere, probably the devilish handsome one, and what the hell is going on as I can not follow this at all.

After all I am but a humble scaffolder.

Minnie please bring me up to speed as I have had the sh1t confused out of me here.

Is Lee involved in this?
    Is kyron involved?
    Have I been to the loo yet?

Are you my primary carer?

Please help.

I want my mum.

DTS XXX XXX

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Me and Kyron not involved in anything other than popcorn eating.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Would someone please pm me and tell me who is who in this thread, I know Andy McGregor is involved somewhere, probably the devilish handsome one,
    I can confirm that I am devilishly handsome. However, there are also others who are equally attractive - not many, I'll grant you that

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    I can confirm that I am devilishly handsome. However, there are also others who are equally attractive - not many, I'll grant you that
    There is no doubt that you are devilishly handsome.

You devilishly handsome person you.

DTS XXX XXX

Is Lee involved in this?

DTS XXX XXX
    so are you asking if lee is the chest lady?

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    so are you asking if lee is the chest lady?
    I want to know what the hell is going on.

Wheres Cruella when you need her.

I am all confused, is there a car chase in the middle of this?

DTS XXX XXX

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I am all confused, is there a car chase in the middle of this?
    Grease neglected to add that particular embellishment would have made it more exciting though... but who the hell is Kyron - thats a great name

Did the Spartans win at the end ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Grease neglected to add that particular embellishment would have made it more exciting though... but who the hell is Kyron - thats a great name

Did the Spartans win at the end ?
    Kyron aka Vegetable.

Great bloke, great dancers.

Got an arse you could eat your dinner off.

Was the Spartans involved in this?

DTS XXX XXX

.......Was the Spartans involved in this?

Funny enough, although last night was my first visit to this venue, there were quite a few 'old' faces that came to see what all the fuss was about even Chuck Heston was there in his shorts

DTS has the full SP (is that the expression ???) so is now well up with the goings on in darkest Sussex (sorry Sunny Sussex)

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

I is now up to scratch and I would like to say that.

Andy McGregor is a sauve debonair all round good egg, and a snappy dresser to boot.

An excellent teacher and quite tall, in the right light with the wind in the right direction.

DTS XXX XXX

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Raises another question. Is sussex the worst place for fighting between Clubs?

Maybe it is due to the lack of ceroc down here??

OH oh oh I almost forgot so Devishly Handsome, that someone of my mere stunningly good looks can only hope to aspire to.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    ..........Maybe it is due to the lack of ceroc down here??
    Ceroc ARE here - Jo & Richard have two sucessful classes at the Funky Fish Club

--ooOoo--

Commercial Operator

Would someone please pm me and tell me who is who in this thread,
    Well here goes. I will make up some names as I don't want to name and shame.

Andy McGregor = Devilishly Handsome Teacher

Sue = Pretty wife of Devilishly Handsome Teacher

Competitor to Andy from Worthing (hereinafter called CAW) = Even more handsome teacher

Grease = erm, grease

Mrs Grease = the ex-girlfriend of grease

Vegetable = Kyron

Piers = Person sat at the back of the lesson pointing at people doing the lesson.

Simon = Man sat next to Piers

Mrs Red Dress = Woman in red dress sat the other side of Piers

I'm afraid the story is quite boring - please feel free to add car chased and Spartans to spice it up a bit.

Thursday 1 Andy teaches a lesson and notices Piers sat at the back during the lesson, talking with Simon and pointing at dancers doing the lesson. Those dancers look embarassed, two of them mention their discomfort to Andy.

Thursday 2 At the start of the lesson Andy asks people who don't want to do the lesson to sit outside or in the 9 comfy chair in the foyer. Kyron goes into the foyer with a friend. Piers, Mrs Red dress and a couple of others go outside. During the lesson a few ladies drop out because there are too many women over - there's a European Cup semi-final and some guys aren't there. Then the outside party come back in and Piers and Mrs Red Dress start talking and pointing. There is quite a bit of chat and laughter from the seated people. Andy calls Sue to the stage and she says Piers is refusing to move to the foyer. At the end of the lesson Andy says "I'd just like to remind people that the priority in the lesson is that people are taught to dance. I would prefer it of people did not talk around the sides and at the back and distract the people who are taking the lesson". At this Piers stands up and starts shouting "I've paid my money and can do what I like, I've just come to dance". At this point Andy says "you can have your money back at the desk" rather than just "please sit down we'll talk about it later". Then Piers and Mrs Grease start putting the people in the class on the spot by asking them if they were disturbed. The atmosphere was horrible and Andy was momentarily lost for words. Then it all went into freestyle and everybody danced. Mrs Grease left, apparently. Mrs Red Dress spent the rest of the night being angry and telling people that Andy doesn't know how to teach - I'll bet the people who came for his lesson felt like they were having their choices criticised.

Between Thursday 2 & 3

Now here is the nasty bit.

Grease has a communication from Mrs Grease. Grease writes this up in an email that is badly worded, spelt, punctuated, etc. Grease sends this email to CAW (stay with it this is Andy's competitor down the road). CAW then forwards this email to a small number of people with the request "PLEASE CIRCULATE". One of those in receipt of this email sends it to Andy. Grease continues to circulate his email and people start forwarding it to Andy and 'phoning him.

Here is a nearly funny bit, eventually somebody corrects the email from grease;

Quote Originally Posted by From the new Testament by grease
    Just for the record this has been re written for me I wouldn`t have put it so eloquently. i call a spade a spade.,but so as it it better understood by all have done it this way.
    As you can see, the help with spelling and punctuation was brilliant!

Thursday 3 Very busy night. Five men over at the start of the beginners lesson. Piers is there looking a bit sheepish. Mrs Red Dress is there and gets a flea in her ear from Minnie M. Vegetable is there. Simon is there. Sue is there. Andy is there looking even more handsome than ever. In fact, everybody is there except grease and CAW (who were never there at any time) and Mrs Grease, who is, we think, unlikely to be seen again (although we can't be sure as we're still not certain who she is )

So, Dave, are you sorry you asked?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    lots of stuff
    Can I put in a bid for the movie rights? Even without the promised car chase and naked Spartacus it's riveting - I wonder if Tom Cruise is available (he's the correct height I believe even though he's obviously not handsome enough)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Some wise Smurfs could be in it offering some smurf comments, and through fruit at Piers
    Tom is the right height for a Smurf too

Oh I say the intrigue and subtle undertones have left me feeling all in a tis.

So basically what I understand is .......

You are devilishly handsome and Sue is gorgeous. There was not a car chase and no marauding hordes of Spartans were involved.

You were doing one of magnificent lessons and Piers, (boo, boo I say), and Simon, (boo, again), were disrupting your lesson, and taking the p1ss out of dancers.

This was brought to your attention and the following week, you made a polite request for non lesson participants to relax outside on the comfy chairs, and indulge in the complimentary beverages on offer. All of the polite and well mannered dancers did so.

Piers and Mrs Red Dress came back in and disrupted the class with talking and p1ss taking again. You again point out the disruption and Piers and said Red Dress kick off like petulant children and cause a scene.
    Mrs Grease goes away whereupon Red Dress and Piers sulk and complain all night and Mrs Grease fires up Mr Grease who sends an e-mail to CAW, who then fires it off to a select few.

You are given copy of e-mail and Grease shoots himself in the foot by pointing out your dedication to teaching and not having disruptive elements in your lessons. Point to note you did offer refund and allowed petulant children to continue dancing.

In my humble opinion you acted magnificently and this good publicity can only show you for the true professional and dedicated teacher you are.

However CAW and Grease are shown in an entirely less flattering light.

God bless you. You devilishly handsome and dedicated true professional that you are.

This is of course only my humble opinion based upon, being also devilishly handsome and a magnificent dancer to boot.

I enclose a scattering of punctuation in case I have missed any out. ..,,//??''::;;!!""

DTS XXX XXX

Thread Information