Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Should teachers take their bad modes out on dancers

Commercial Operator

Re: Should teachers take their bad modes out on dancers

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    I think Grease deserves some +ve rep for provoking such thoughtful and emotive discussion! Just to add some additional food for thought, has anybody considered that Grease could be the 'unknown' teacher's secret love child, hell bent on promoting their classes by whatever twisted means possible...?
    eeewww - what a horrible thought, being Andy's secret love child.

Anyway surely the issue will disappear when the man with too many voices in his head returns to his natural environment in Shoreham in 3 weeks

(I've read lots of stuff about the destruction of the Shoreham centre but has anybody investigated the possibility of it being an "accident" in the long running MJ south coast turf wars?)

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    -54 I think ,cant remember how you check max and -ve rep on here ??

I was going to -ve rep and follow the herd but I wasnt there

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    Currently the lowest is -46.

Goto the memberlist and click on reputation to sort the column. Then go to the last page.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Looks like some people are telling porkies, looks like he is on -51 ? So Im closer to THE TRUTH

I think Grease deserves some +ve rep for provoking such thoughtful and emotive discussion! Just to add some additional food for thought, has anybody considered that Grease could be the 'unknown' teacher's secret love child, hell bent on promoting their classes by whatever twisted means possible...?
    Tell me when he reaches 0

Commercial Operator

Just to add some additional food for thought, has anybody considered that Grease could be the 'unknown' teacher's secret love child, hell bent on promoting their classes by whatever twisted means possible...?
    You will not believe the stress that grease has caused this handsome teacher. Posting his comments on here has been the least of the actions by grease. He's been calling people and emailing people - some of those people have been contacting the handsome teacher and telling him.

And, to add to the stress of being off work with bronchitis, staying up all night coughing and feeling generally rotten, grease sent an email to an even more handsome competitor to the first handsome teacher. The even more handsome teacher forwarded the email from grease to some of his customers with his own comments. Here's what was sent with the forwarded email from grease;

Quote Originally Posted by Email from competitor to handsome teacher of Worthing
    HI all

IN case you were wondering about our so called professionally qualified
    competitor.........this is how he conducts himself.

UNBELIEVABLE.

PLEASE CIRCULATE
    The handsome teacher is consoled by the members of the forum reading between the lines but would really prefer that none of this malicious activity had ever take place

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    , grease sent an email to an even more handsome competitor to the first handsome teacher. The even more handsome teacher forwarded the email from grease to some of his customers with his own comments. Here's what was sent with the forwarded email from grease;
    perhaps the teacher in question should do something to nip it in the bud now

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    perhaps the teacher in question should do something to nip it in the bud now
    why, its a positive advert - circulate away

I'd suggest the handsome teacher link to this thread from his own website

Commercial Operator

OK - curiosity has officially gotten the better of me (Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity was framed).

Any kind soul fancy PMing me with the details of who the competitor to this 'handsome teacher' might be? I'd like to add their nights to my incredibly short list of venues-I-will-never-ever-consider-visiting. And we'll definitely have to give the handsome teacher's venue a go next time we're in the area.

Thanks in advance...

grease sent an email to an even more handsome competitor to the first handsome teacher. The even more handsome teacher forwarded the email from grease to some of his customers with his own comments.
    I'm on the email circulation list of this competitor and I certainly haven't received anything regarding the incident so maybe it's not been circulated as widely as you might think. I did however get a 3rd hand account of it at one of the local classes.

All that aside though, I really don't think that in the long run its going to affect class numbers or the teacher's reputation at all. A*** is not exactly a retiring wallflower and everyone in this area knows him either personally or by reputation. His classes are popular and he has a very loyal following. This story of one minor incident which anyone with any sense can see has been blown out of all proportion will not sway anyone one way or the other.

People who don't like the class wouldn't have gone anyway whether they heard the story or not and people who do like the class will continue to go as they have first hand experience. And as we've seen from previous posts, it is in fact more likely to encourage more people to come along!

I think the idea of posting a link to this forum on your website is a good idea because anyone interested will get a much more balanced view of the argument and the opinions of some experienced operators/dancers.

Hope the broncitis gets better!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    why, its a positive advert - circulate away

I'd suggest the handsome teacher link to this thread from his own website
    Although the enlightened members of the forum see it as a positive advert, that may not be the way others view events.

I was there last Thursday and, not to put to fine a point on it, it was awful for the teacher. When one of the "judges" stood up and asked the other dancers if they agreed with him you could have cut the student's discomfort with a knife. And then we had this woman who wanted to do the man's part, where the move was inappropriate for a girl/girl combination, asking for the dancers to agree with her and increasing the discomfort! Do you think people will risk being made to feel like that again? I think tonight will be quiet in Worthing

However, I think the judges will be back but I think they've got the message But I don't think the lady who wanted to do the man's part will be seen again I must admit, I was so shocked I didn't really notice the woman and would probably not remember who she was

I'll post a report on the night when I get back. Let's hope it's positive.

So, someone comes on here to say what he thinks and Gus says he shouldn't say it because people should be free to express themselves
    Noo ... I expressed a view asking him about the veracity of his view ... very different

Hey Gus, why not join the debate rather than stand around on the side-lines commenting on the style of debating?
    Why should I ... 128 or so posts in and most of the 'debate' has become rather circular and I don't think I could actually add much to it. I've not read it in detail but a fair proportion seems to resolve around the "he said, she said, he said ..... so I'm going to sue" type format.

Anyway ... you seem to be doing a wonderfull job of keeping the thread going by yourself. Why ruin the fun for all those loyal fans fo the "Andy McG" show who even now are overdosing on popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Belle View Post
    But I guess that profile was written in 2004 when Grease joined the forum - obviously he's now 'advanced' (with lots of moves) .........
    If grease is who I think he is ........... I don't think so He may have been dancing for 4 years but IMHO hasn't improved much. He should be attending AXXy's classes not critising him

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Belle View Post
    I'm on the email circulation list of this competitor and I certainly haven't received anything regarding the incident so maybe it's not been circulated as widely as you might think.
    I'm pretty sure he only sent it to a handful of people. That's why he asked them to circulate the email for him. He obviously didn't want to get caught doing it himself. In the past he's sent out a malicious email about me to his whole list. In that, among other outright lies, he accused my wife, Sue, of spying on him!

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

he accused my wife, Sue, of spying on him!
    What through his bedroom window or at classes??

Would be interested in knowing why Axxy thinks this email may have come about. Has Axxy done something to upset his competitor?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    Would be interested in knowing why Axxy thinks this email may have come about. Has Axxy done something to upset his competitor?
    Yes, I had the audacity to open a class near his!

Yes, I had the audacity to open a class near his!
    nah.............it's because you look better in pink

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    Wasn't going to post on this thead but ....

I have heard that there was an email sent around from a Southern dance group about another down here from a few dancers that I know. The contents of which could be damaging to the dance club (not) mentioned in the first post of this thread.

However, the dance club that is (not) mentioned is not shiney clean either and has done things to upset and to try and ruin the dance club that emailed out.
    UH! i don't think I understand this comment...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SPROGGS View Post
    UH! i don't think I understand this comment...
    it basically means : 2 legs bad, 4 legs good.

carry on

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Anyway ... you seem to be doing a wonderfull job of keeping the thread going by yourself. Why ruin the fun for all those loyal fans fo the "Andy McG" show who even now are overdosing on popcorn?
    Bah - you cynic - there was plenty material in that childlike first post for my disparaging bullets before i read ahead and even noticed it was about someone i know(*). I think some of the other posters feel the same, its not that Andy is popular (is he ? ) but that grease concocted a dogs dinner of a slagging, that was more transparent than a negligee worn by...er...

..ok, enough dodgy analogies .

* after all, if its classes away "down there" they're ALL rubbish

it basically means : 2 legs bad, 4 legs good.

carry on

Ah! now I understand.....

I think some of the other posters feel the same, its not that Andy is popular (is he ? ) but that grease concocted a dogs dinner of a slagging, that was more transparent than a negligee worn by...er...
    .... Pammy Anderson?

Aye ..... I think there were some pretty lousy undercurrents and unsubstantiated comments ...... but hasn't the subsequent debate clarified the situation .... and given popcorn lovers everywhere something to sit back and enjoy?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

..ok, enough dodgy analogies .
    There are never enough dodgy analogies.

Thread Information