6 9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's going where? Weekend 4th/5th/6th July 2008

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Who's going where? Weekend 4th/5th/6th July 2008

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    are there two freestyles on friday at rochester?
    Bloody hell, that'll teach me to pay attention to SilverFox...

Phew! I'm glad they've cancelled one. I was torn between the two and just couldn't decide where to go...

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Bloody hell, that'll teach me to pay attention to SilverFox...
    Blimey, keep up with the programme Mr Mod.

You omitted it at first and another mod very kindly put it in at my request.

Last minute decision to go to Bramshaw tonight yeay!!!....but it looks like the BBQ might be a bit soggy

Chiswick on Sat - ?

Daventry for me sport fans.
    DTS XXX XXX

Bugger - I was hoping to be the most devilishly handsome man there and you have to go and spoil things

Made a last minute decision to go to Dance Junction at Rochester! Had a really good evening, the venue was lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgious dancer View Post
    Made a last minute decision to go to Dance Junction at Rochester! Had a really good evening, the venue was lovely!
    I had a really great evening too. Obviously nothing to do with you being particularly raunchy on the dance floor, Georgious...

I had one of the best nights for a very long time, maybe because, after all my recent stress I could relax.

Thank you everyone that commented on my new hair style, it looks like it was an overwhelming success.

I could believe I lost the candles for Caz and Ellie cake.

The outfits were fab, loads of people had made an effort to dress up.

The music was spot on.

Thank you to RubyRed who talked constantly on the journey home, your fun up beat conversation made the journey fly by, and WOW I have never seen you look so fabulous and radiant, you just shone and I was so glad to have you in my company, I take inspiration in the sophisticated and stylish way you conduct yourself.

I would just like to give the biggest thank you to my very special friend Mickey, who like a night in shining armour drove from Yorkshire, you have never let me down and I cherish our friendship.

The Belfast Indepen-dance was great. A lot of people had gone to some effort with colours, and some had gone to a lot of effort in some fun costumes (I think CRM was definitely the best!). Plenty of people chatting and mixing which meant the dance floor wasn't over crowded despite there being a lot there. Feeling a bit tired and having already danced 3 nights this week I didn't dance as much as usual, but had a lovely evening.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I had one of the best nights for a very long time, maybe because, after all my recent stress I could relax
    Good for you

Thank you everyone that commented on my new hair style, it looks like it was an overwhelming success.
    It really does look fab - not that your previous hair style was bad but there's nothing quite like a new hair style to make people look at you in a new light and it's just good to have change now and again.

RubyRed.... WOW I have never seen you look so fabulous and radiant, you just shone....
    Have to totally agree there, Ruby looked gorgeous.

I had a pretty good night overall. Amazed to see Freya there (I had to ask Rachel if it was you). Witty Bird - what fun you are, hope to see you more often on the dance floor. The only downside to the evening really (apart from me not quite getting into the right zone most of the time) was the sudden influx of dancers from the main room when it closed which meant it got a bit crowded and Marc understandably felt he had to play some slightly faster stuff. The set Rachel played earlier in the evening would have made a great end to the night in the blues room had it not been for the need to cater to some degree for the main room influx. It's a tricky dilemma for DJ's.

Day (and night) of Jive at Pudsey

Just got back from Pudsey (Leeds). Essentialy the day was a series of workshops ... principally feauturing Peter and Amy. Got to say massive respect to them both. Great teachers, wobderfull dancers and even better company. Two absolutely lovely people. Really thought their workshops were very good, especially the technique ones. Inetersting, though they taught T&C very well ... it was depressing to see how many of the dnacers simply failed to see the point . HOWEVER, it was great to see the real change in those dancers for whom the penny finally dropped.

Geart workshop also by Helen Zambas, one of Spinz senior instructors, who put an enthusaistic class though a great street dance class Andy D (from Jive Fusion?) also was lauded for a rather good double trouble class.

To be honest, was expecting too much from the evening freestyle but I was so wrong. Had a great time. Main room music was approriate to the standrad of dnacers there. Would have liked more 'out there' tracks but was hapy to go crazy to '25 Miles' and 'Heavywieght Champion' etc ... some lovely dancers, not just with some of the local rising stars but also some really lovely dancers form Chester, Newcastle, Sheffield and York. Esepciall thanks to Caron Douglas's doppleganger, Lyndsay from York. Having finally seen Caron and Lyundsay side by side I know realise I'm not going mad and they do look like twins.

Anyway ... fine time had ..... may there be many more to come.

I enjoyed Chiswick and I understand now why it's labelled 'fresh'.

[No, Filthy Monkey wasn't there ]

Dale's music was a refreshing change, so much so, I spent all my time in the smoove room.

[quote=fletch;484368] my new hair style, it looks like it was an overwhelming success.

Thank you to RubyRed who talked constantly on the journey home, your fun up beat conversation made the journey fly by, and WOW I have never seen you look so fabulous and radiant, you just shone and I was so glad to have you in my company, I take inspiration in the sophisticated and stylish way you conduct yourself.

/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post

Have to totally agree there, Ruby looked gorgeous.
    Fletch the new hair style is just fabulous and you look stunning.

I am so touched by the lovely compliments, and accept them graciously, thank you thank you thank you.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    Witty Bird - what fun you are, hope to see you more often on the dance floor.
    Well thank you very much, I enjoyed our dance immensely One might say awesome I like to make a 'cameo' appearance sometimes

I personally had an amazing night I didn't have one bad dance all evening.... Infact I spent most of the evening with a favourite of mine

Re: Day (and night) of Jive at Pudsey

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Just got back from Pudsey (Leeds). Essentialy the day was a series of workshops ... principally feauturing Peter and Amy. Got to say massive respect to them both. Great teachers, wobderfull dancers and even better company. Two absolutely lovely people. Really thought their workshops were very good, especially the technique ones. Inetersting, though they taught T&C very well ... it was depressing to see how many of the dnacers simply failed to see the point . HOWEVER, it was great to see the real change in those dancers for whom the penny finally dropped.

Geart workshop also by Helen Zambas, one of Spinz senior instructors, who put an enthusaistic class though a great street dance class Andy D (from Jive Fusion?) also was lauded for a rather good double trouble class.

To be honest, was expecting too much from the evening freestyle but I was so wrong. Had a great time. Main room music was approriate to the standrad of dnacers there. Would have liked more 'out there' tracks but was hapy to go crazy to '25 Miles' and 'Heavywieght Champion' etc ... some lovely dancers, not just with some of the local rising stars but also some really lovely dancers form Chester, Newcastle, Sheffield and York. Esepciall thanks to Caron Douglas's doppleganger, Lyndsay from York. Having finally seen Caron and Lyundsay side by side I know realise I'm not going mad and they do look like twins.

Anyway ... fine time had ..... may there be many more to come.
    I had a great time on Saturday, both during the day and in the evening freestyle. I agree about Peter and Amy's teaching of T&C - excellent advice, but a lot of dancers didn't have the patience to absorb it and put it into practice. Helen's street dance class was a great laugh - I never thought I'd be miming botox as part of a workshop! I really enjoyed the Double Trouble class too (thanks to the two ladies who dragged me upstairs and made me do it!) and it was a great routine with some sweet moves. The freestyle was brilliant, with some amazing dancers from across the UK, including a really great lass from Scotland who was brilliant, and whose name I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    I had a really great evening too. Obviously nothing to do with you being particularly raunchy on the dance floor, Georgious...

You must be mixing me up with someone else, school teachers don't do things like that!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Slowest review ever.... the Negracha's meeting on the 4th went swimmingly, we had a great turn out, 10 of us this time, which is excellent considering it's summer and quiet. Lovely to meet Waren and great again to dance with FeelingPink, who in her new dress is obviously is too sexy for her own good, as she got chatted-up by a guy called Carlos within seconds of walking into the venue

I've put a full review here.

Anyway, I think this could well be a goer, so to Ken for thinking of this concept.

Thread Information