Poll: Which yoyo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yoyos

Re: Yoyos

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    • Lead takes small step forward on right foot while unfolding right arm out to the right, aiming for the follower's far hip. Follower pivots 180º on the outside foot to face the same direction as the lead. Follower's left hand normally rests on lead's closest shoulder.
    • The lead pivots clockwise on their right foot to face their partner while raising the right hand to shoulder height in front of their right shoulder
    If you take a step forward on the right foot, then you must start pivoting at this point - otherwise your weight is now fully on your right foot and you have nothing to push-off from to actually pivot on this foot* - the next "logical" weight transfer is to the left foot and it's stuck behind/to the side. I think this is a very aquard way to move yourself.

(* You move your feet between steps. ie while stepping from one foot to another. Try putting all your weight on one foot. And then pivoting on it. Now try stepping onto that foot and into a pivot at the same time.)

• with the forearm vertical. Follows pivot 45º anti CW. Lead blocks the follow's movement using contact between forearms.
    • Use this contact to send the follow back the other way (CW) lifting hand over head as they turn
    neglected to say that there should be contact with the fore-arms. The block should still come from the hand, but the fore-arm is a nice 'buffer' that ensures you are properly aligned with your partner.
    I think that you will find it hard (/uncomfortable) to be in anything but a flat handed hold when coming in fore-arm to fore-arm. It's the lead out of it that makes it either a push-spin (down) or a turn (up). Anything undecided in the middle of these (ie horizontal) will either garrot your partner or hit them in the face. I find it better to avoid this option.

Taxi Dancer

Re: Yoyos

There is no awkward handhold if a loose ceroc hold is kept for a basic push-spin. I find it easier to lead this way as it helps diferentiate between the basic yo-yo and yo-yo push-spin. If a flat hand is maintained for both, it may be confusing for a beginner as they are told "if offered a flat hand it means you are going for a spin" If leading a basic yo-yo with a flat hand and your partner expects, from the lead given, a push-spin, then you may end up giving them a forearm across the face. Not good for your dancing rep.

Thread Information