Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good grief! What rubbish.

Commercial Operator

Re: Good grief! What rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    He followed it up with Unbreakable which was unbelievable as the work of the same man. It was so terrible that I have been allergic to Shyamalamadingdong's films ever since, and haven't seen one of them. It was one of those films which is so awful that you find yourself wondering at what point the actors discovered they were in a complete turkey.
    Oddly enough, while I thought Sixth Sense was quite good, Unbreakable is one of my favourite films - I think it's absoutely superb.

Signs was a masterpiece of tension-building, completely destroyed by the appalling ending. The reviews put me off watching any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    Oddly enough, while I thought Sixth Sense was quite good, Unbreakable is one of my favourite films - I think it's absoutely superb.

de gustibus est non disputandem. Although, can I just say...

Juju

I watched a bit of that 'London being flooded' drama that was on tv recently, in the hope that it would be so-bad-it's-good, and it was worse. Robert Carlyle's accent was just embarrassing. One of those disaster movies where you want them all to die, and soon.

I was utterly disappointed when finally getting around to see The Golden Compass recently. It wasn't that it was a bad movie per se, but with the book trilogy being one of the best things I've ever read, what I actually saw was in comparison pretty darn awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boi View Post
    The Village was terrible! I nearly walked out of it.
    I loved that film...!

Is it me?

Quote Originally Posted by Juju View Post
    I watched a bit of that 'London being flooded' drama that was on tv recently, in the hope that it would be so-bad-it's-good, and it was worse. Robert Carlyle's accent was just embarrassing. One of those disaster movies where you want them all to die, and soon.

Couldn't agree more. Robert Carlyle must be short of cash or summit. Didn't he read the total pants script before agreeing?

de gustibus est non disputandem. thats all I have to say...

I wish it was
    Last edited by stewart38; 25th-June-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I wish it was
    Stewart:

I'm not happy about mischievous mis-quotes, old chap.

Whilst I am a big STAR WARS fan and probably went against my better judgment, last year's STAR WARS CELEBRATION EUROPE at Excel has to rank as one of the worst experiences of my life. Makes me glad to have dancing as a hobby outside work and makes me realize and appreciate that not everybody likes the same thing, but these even more nutty people than myself who liked the films really should get out more from watching them.

Also, PRINCE @ O2 last year was overrated pap. He was barely on stage for under two hours and came on stage well after the scheduled start time.

best
    johnnyman

Stewart:

I'm not happy about mischievous mis-quotes, old chap.
    To be fair I miss read your orginal quote and posted

Having re read your 'orginal post', I realised my comment would make no sense based on your orginal quote

You have encouraged me in the past to make sense ?

If I changed what you said I now make sense

You cant have it both ways , you either change what you post in the future and I make sense or you dont and I continue to make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyman View Post
    Also, PRINCE @ O2 last year was overrated pap.
    Blasphemy......!

Having re read your 'orginal post', I realised my comment would make no sense based on your orginal quote

You cant have it both ways , you either change what you post in the future and I make sense or you dont and I continue to make no sense.
    Stewart38 making sense.... no, that's not possible, the universe would cease to function as we know it!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Blasphemy......!
    "Look, I had a lovely supper and all I said was that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah!!" - LIFE OF BRIAN

Did you go?

best
    johnnyman

"Look, I had a lovely supper and all I said was that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah!!" - LIFE OF BRIAN

hehehehe....! The LIFE OF BRIAN bit wasn't required. I know every line of that film, it's my all time fav.

"Did you go?
    I've seen Prince 10 times in concert in the last 20 years, he's my hero. I went to see him at the O2 last year and thought he was fantastic, although not as good as other times that I've seen him. The best concert of his that I've been to was Lovesexy88.

The O2 one was a bit 'Vagas', I'll give you that. It was like a greatest hits concert which annoyed me as I got the feeling he's sold out a bit.

He used to play all the obscure stuff that only die hard fans would have heard & I liked his 'couldn't give a toss about commercial success' attitude.

Anyway...don't want to be a Prince bore, but...

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/c...s-arrived.html

I had a sneaking suspicion that that is what happened when I saw you had edited your post.

I'll try not to do anything in future that would spoil the entertainment value of your posts...

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post
    The Happening

worst film I've seen in ages . . . . yawn . .
    Totally and utterly agree with everyone that thought 'The Happening' was simply the worst waste of time and money ever. I don't think I have ever really disliked a film so much as this one, and I've seen some shockers!

It seemed more like, how many different ways can we kill someone.. but then by the end Shamalama got bored with that and just had everyone shoot themselves.

And that ending? I don't understand how this could even get screen time...

Coming from a film buff this be a bit of a shocker but..

Can I add to the growing list of utter rubbish the entire catalogue of work by David Lynch?

Ok granted I thought "Eraserhead" was "quirky" and "odd" and "interesting" in a quirky and odd sort of way. "DUNE" was... Ok. Totally ruined the books mind you and the TV mini series were much MUCH better than the film. But COME ON...What the Flip was "Inland empire" about? .. "Twin Peaks"? I wish they would lynch those doughnut eating freaks (Weird al) "Mullholland Drive"? DULLholland drive if you ask me. And "Lost Highway".. what in the wide wide world of sports was going on there? the only film I have EVER managed to fall asleep in the cinema to!!

I would happily sacrifice the few good lumps in his vomit like bilious discharge like portfolio of work to spare myself the anguish of watching any more of his stuff.

It’s driven me to bad spelling and lousy punctuation !!! (and overuse of multiple exclamation points)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Coming from a film buff this be a bit of a shocker but..

Can I add to the growing list of utter rubbish the entire catalogue of work by David Lynch?

Ok granted I thought "Eraserhead" was "quirky" and "odd" and "interesting" in a quirky and odd sort of way. "DUNE" was... Ok. Totally ruined the books mind you and the TV mini series were much MUCH better than the film. But COME ON...What the Flip was "Inland empire" about? .. "Twin Peaks"? I wish they would lynch those doughnut eating freaks (Weird al) "Mullholland Drive"? DULLholland drive if you ask me. And "Lost Highway".. what in the wide wide world of sports was going on there? the only film I have EVER managed to fall asleep in the cinema to!!

I would happily sacrifice the few good lumps in his vomit like bilious discharge like portfolio of work to spare myself the anguish of watching any more of his stuff.

It’s driven me to bad spelling and lousy punctuation !!! (and overuse of multiple exclamation points)

You didn't even like Blue velvet?

You didn't even like Blue velvet?
    one of his few good meatly lumps.. Dennis Hopper was great.. Kyle? he's just Kyle.. Kyle in Dune, Kyle in Twin peaks, Kyle in Blue velvet.

Kyle was to Lynch what Depp is to Burton.

but it's not a GREAT movie.. mearly a good one (and I would gladly sacrifice it to rid the world of the rest of his dross.. call it collateral damage )

Thread Information