Thread: Wonderfalls

Commercial Operator

Wonderfalls

In terms of killing off excellent television series, Fox have a lot to answer for. Firefly being one of many brutally murdered series that people here (mostly) will have heard of, but there are others that have suffered similarly.

Wonderfalls being one of my absolute favourites, and one that people here very likely will not have heard of. They made thirteen episodes, showed only three before giving it the chop (the producers apparently knew the show was in trouble before it was even put on air) - and, luckily, was released in its entirety on DVD. Only available on region 1 (I bought mine from Play.com). Go figure.

And, like Firefly, it was fantastic. Intelligent, quirky, wonderful characters, great acting, and very often utterly hilarious.

So why am I telling you all this? Because I just an complete unaired version of the pilot episode on youtube. Here. Two of the supporting cast were replaced for the series proper, but apart from that, it's pretty much as it first aired.

Watch it if you have a spare moment, and if you're anything like me, wonder what on earth those people at Fox are thinking of...

Re: Wonderfalls

Wonderfalls was a great show and its cancellation was a pity. I've turned a couple of people on to it, and they've all loved it. So yeah, if you gave the opportunity check it out.

It was okay.
    This was the one where the gift shop toys came alive sort of thing?

Downloaded it on bittorrent a while back. It was certainly quirky, but I didn't really mourn it's passing. Not enough aliens or dancing for me

Not enough aliens or dancing? Or, not enough aliens and dancing?

[imagines "Shall We Dance, Doctor?" the movie, and the series "Firefly Come Dancing", and gets all excited]

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious View Post

[imagines "Shall We Dance, Doctor?" the movie, and the series "Firefly Come Dancing", and gets all excited]
    I'm more "Old School" am thinking along the lines of "When franchises collide!" and "The day the dancefloor stood still".. jump forward a few years then you have "Invasion of the partner snatchers" and the like.

Of course.. by the time you reach the 70's and 80's you have the resurrgance of dance related sci-fi. Films such as " Close Encounters of the UCP kind" really brought Dance-Fi back to the forefront of all dance related movies..

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Close Encounters of the UCP kind
    Although it's really difficult to dance smoothly and with great musicality to "Do-de-do-do-doooo" .. but the bizarre hand gestures do add something of a style point..

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Of course.. by the time you reach the 70's and 80's you have the resurrgance of dance related sci-fi. Films such as " Close Encounters of the UCP kind" really brought Dance-Fi back to the forefront of all dance related movies..
    Aye. And while we have had many classics in the genre - Raiders of the Lost Archie, Aliens vs Salseros, The Stepford Followers and Travelling Return of the Jedi to name but four - to think it all started with that unforgettable Mavericks-inspired classic horror: The Day The Floor Stood Still.

We've come a long long way.

You mock! But I remember dancing a lot to that X-files film theme !!!

Dance-Fi could be the next genre. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious View Post

There was an episode called the The Doctor Dances and it does what it says on the tin, well at the end it does just a few zombies to deal with first

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TA Guy View Post
    Dance-Fi could be the next genre. You heard it here first.
    Trouble is, it'll look like this...

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Trouble is, it'll look like this...
    Look on the bright side - it could look like this... (preferrably without the inane commentary)

Thread Information