Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we need more Posh weekenders ?

Do we need more Posh weekenders ?

Having had to sleep/stay in the worse chalet at the whole of Southport last time where I’m sure someone had previously urinated over all the carpet I thought about Swish weekender and the 5 star treatment (In addition of course)

Only to see next February it’s already all sold out 8 months before it’s due

Do we need more posh places?

I see queues of women are already asking for tickets for that Swish

Can’t we have another posh weekender?

I notice Camber wasn’t full and regardless of what the web site says the numbers were down on Breeze last year cf to 2006

Any views do we need more fluffy pillows with signs saying rift raft out ?

Luxury London Hotel - 5 star May Fair Hotel

Re: Do we need more Posh weekenders ?

Weekender & Sleep don't go together...

Do you actually need to stay anywhere?

Donna

I say a big YES to that! now, who's going to splash out the thousands on that then? any offers? hmmmmm?

Commercial Operator

have you looked at other weekend events like Partyweekender ? Fantastic luxury log cabins, lovely surroundings too. They do 2 events a year 6/700 dancers, and now have less live bands, more general music in the main room and a new addition, a fantastic blues room. Classes are fewer and obviously dancing stops by 3am, but its not one to miss as an all round event.

Another weekend event to look at is Holiday Rock, they do smaller events in nice hotels and holidays etc for jivers.

I am sure there are others too which can offer more luxury and value for money, beyond the larger organisors like Ceroc, jive Addiction etc

So, what your looking for is already out there, but i think a lot of dancers dismiss smaller events, wrongly thinking they wont ba as good.

How about Rockbottoms? I went to an event of theirs in a hotel in Torquay once. That was lovely !!

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Can’t we have another posh weekender?

I notice Camber wasn’t full and regardless of what the web site says the numbers were down on Breeze last year cf to 2006
    Even though capacity at Breeze was vastly expanded ?

There is less weekender capacity this year compared to last and so it seems likely Ceroc have and will pretty much sell their capacity, except perhaps for Camber in November.

Speaking of November, Jive Addiction have a hotel based weekender the same weekend in Scarborough, which sounds a bit more attractive than a chalet. There is very little information / comments on it here though, so difficult to tell if it is an attractive proposition.

From my point of view the problem with posh weekenders is they might be full of posh people

Specifically far more couply in nature, and far less dance focused. If the facilities matter so much they're probably much less into the dancing.

And fixed mealtimes at a weekender means it clearly isn't intense enough.

Commercial Operator

Having had to sleep/stay in the worse chalet at the whole of Southport last time where I’m sure someone had previously urinated over all the carpet I thought about Swish weekender and the 5 star treatment (In addition of course)

Luxury London Hotel - 5 star May Fair Hotel
    Out of interest at Southport what grade apartment did you pay for and did you ask to be moved??

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post

Speaking of November, Jive Addiction have a hotel based weekender the same weekend in Scarborough, which sounds a bit more attractive than a chalet. There is very little information / comments on it here though, so difficult to tell if it is an attractive proposition.
    Brilliant in one word "Brilliant

I went to this a couple of times in Feb (before Feb became another Southport) and really enjoyed it. Smaller nos (still a few hundred) a range of hotels or the option to buy a ticket and arrange your own accomodation, two dance rooms and a good range of classes. Even though the accomodation may be hotel based, its still very much a dance weekender, rather than a hotel weekend with some dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    How about Rockbottoms? !
    yes Beach Boogie is plush

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Was

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I heard that Beach Boogie put you up in one of Donald Trump's Isle of White hotels!! Always liked the sound of that.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Judging from some of the comments at the time, Swish wasn't all that posh anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I went to this a couple of times in Feb (before Feb became another Southport) and really enjoyed it. Smaller nos (still a few hundred) a range of hotels or the option to buy a ticket and arrange your own accomodation, two dance rooms and a good range of classes. Even though the accomodation may be hotel based, its still very much a dance weekender, rather than a hotel weekend with some dancing.
    Me to , a walk down from a 3 star hotel

I wouldnt call it 'posh' though

The point of thread was that the 'posh weekender' ceroc has sold out 8 months before its due, there must be a demand for more, ill go away and ask

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    How about Rockbottoms? I went to an event of theirs in a hotel in Torquay once. That was lovely !!
    For an alternative view of the hotel, and Rock Bottom experience - see here........please note I am probably in a minority of one in my view of this - and everyone else seems to love it.............chacun son gut

Ceroc Mad Jive Lad: Search results for torquay

I will though be going to Warmwell (Party weekender) this year. As someone said above - comfortable log cabins etc......and some beautiful surrounding countryside/seashore. I'm already looking forward to it.

And in answer to the question of the thread - quite simply - yes! And lots of them please.....there is huge untapped demand........people who would like basic comforts as well as fantastic dancing..................

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Once went to this ages ago and it was really, really good

Blog Entries

DTS and I are trying out Franco's new thing in Hayling Island which is supposed to be a little more upgraded than pontins.. not sure though as have not been before. October time. Need some forumites there though....... dont know if any are going? - we have booked a supreme room. oooooohhh

Check it out. Page Title
    Last edited by Trouble; 19th-June-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    DTS and I are trying out Franco's new thing in Hayling Island which is supposed to be a little more upgraded than pontins.. not sure though as have not been before. October time. Need some forumites there though....... dont know if any are going? - we have booked a supreme room. oooooohhh

Check it out. Page Title
    Glad to see Franco has put his money into the weekender and not the web site

There is an out of date form on there and from what I can make out all the best room have sold out ? Do you increase whats left by 15% now. Says prices go up from 1/4/2008

I do like the fix room dance styles better then naming a room something and playing something else

Blog Entries

STOP MOANING AND JUST BOOK IT.
    would be nice to see ya there

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    would be nice to see ya there
    I was thinking about it, but didn't see much in the way of positive feedback from the first one. The association with 'vibe' does nothing for my confidence that it's the sort of event I want to go to either...

Thread Information