Thread: Southport Sept. Ladies ticket - advice please

Southport Sept. Ladies ticket - advice please

I have been to several weekenders but never to Southport. I've heard so much about it and really want to go in Sept. So a group of us from the south all decided to make the trek up and one of the guys booked all the tickets. I won't bore you with the details but due to a breakdown in communication and a mis-counting of heads, I've now ended up without a ticket. Now of course there are only men's tickets left.

So my question is; is there any chance of getting a ladies ticket later? I can stay in my friend's chalet so accom is not a problem. From what I understand, people who've booked so far will only have paid a deposit which they will be able to get back if they cancel before 10th Aug so does that mean more tickets will be available after this time? Presumably there will be people who find they can't go.

Any help gratefully appreciated!! Thanks very much

Re: Southport Sept. Ladies ticket - advice please

There is a slim chance of getting a ladies ticket.

People do cancel directly with the organisers so it is worth contacting them to ask to be put on a waiting list for tickets.

Very close to the event then people do find that they unable to go and offer their ticket for sale (usually without accomodation) on the forum. I have put freinds in touch with people with tickets before but you more or less have to be on the forum all the time. The average time between the ticket being advertised and the ticket having found a buyer seems to be about 12 minutes.

One word of caution though. As far as I know it has only happened once but someone advertised a ticket for sale at £109 and the transaction was made. When the ticket arrived it was a ticket for the event that passed 4 months previously. It is worth having some idea of who you are dealing with before you part with the cash so that you send a few big men around to them if they rip you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    One word of caution though. As far as I know it has only happened once but someone advertised a ticket for sale at £109 and the transaction was made. When the ticket arrived it was a ticket for the event that passed 4 months previously. It is worth having some idea of who you are dealing with before you part with the cash so that you send a few big men around to them if they rip you off.
    Was this an advert from someone on the forum? or a private transaction?

Thanks for the advice. I'll try and contact the organisers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Belle View Post
    Was this an advert from someone on the forum? or a private transaction?

Thanks for the advice. I'll try and contact the organisers anyway.
    find another man and book as a pair, but in separate accommodation.
    Is there an ads section as in the Blaze website?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dep View Post
    find another man and book as a pair, but in separate accommodation.
    Is there an ads section as in the Blaze website?
    I believe there are no ladies places even if booking with a man. Southport has nothing to do with Blaze (or Ceroc).

My advice would be, to create a virus that only affects females and plant it in the ladies loos at some venues. Hopefully that will free up some of the booked places.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    My advice would be, to create a virus that only affects females and plant it in the ladies loos at some venues. Hopefully that will free up some of the booked places.
    Brilliant idea! If any ladies are feeling queasy in the next few weeks, you'll know who to blame!

You're right there are no couples tickets left - single men only. Do you think if I offered to lead they'd let me in?

I believe there are no ladies places even if booking with a man. Southport has nothing to do with Blaze (or Ceroc).
    Havent you heard

My advice is have a sex change and come as a man, have a reverse op after

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post

My advice is have a sex change and come as a man, have a reverse op after
    Another brill idea!

Actually, how do they check people in on arrival? I know when I've been to Camber, we booked as a large group and just one person went and checked us all in and collected the keys. The staff on reception didn't even see the rest of us. So if I added 'John Smith' to our booking, what happens when we get there?

Actually, how do they check people in on arrival? I know when I've been to Camber, we booked as a large group and just one person went and checked us all in and collected the keys. The staff on reception didn't even see the rest of us. So if I added 'John Smith' to our booking, what happens when we get there?
    You have either a male or female ticket which you hand in at the gate on arrival. So 'John Smith' would get a male ticket. If it wasn't John Smith but a different guy, he would still get in. If it was Joanna Smith instead she'd probably be refused entry on arrival and may have problems booking for future events (not sure the policy but I don't think the organisers would be too happy at people trying to cheat the system.)

And at Ceroc weekenders you all have to go to reception and get a wrist band - different colours for male and female - so am presuming the Camber you are referring to was Franco's - he didn't apply gender balancing to Camber.

Sorry you haven't got a ticket, hope you can get one before Sep.

Brilliant idea! If any ladies are feeling queasy in the next few weeks, you'll know who to blame!

You're right there are no couples tickets left - single men only. Do you think if I offered to lead they'd let me in?

Jive Addiction had a first in May/June.. for about 3 weeks before the event, men were being turned away.

I advise single men who wish to go who don't yet have tickets to not leave it too late...

The final female space was actually sold at Southport on the Sunday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    ........... at Ceroc weekenders you all have to go to reception and get a wrist band - different colours for male and female - so am presuming the Camber you are referring to was Franco's - he didn't apply gender balancing to Camber.

Sorry you haven't got a ticket, hope you can get one before Sep.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Belle
    ...........I have been to several weekenders but never to Southport
    Franco (JiveTime) and Warmwell weekenders are not gender balanced -

Ceroc issue gender coloured wristbands at registration, and all dance areas are policed to make sure no entry without these

Southport have gender coloured tickets labelled Male or Female which are required at the entry gate and cars are checked for hidden 'bodies' (rogue travellers)

It is a very long drive for us, but it is nice to hear some more Brightonians will be making it this year (Kyron + friends made it for Feb & June) and Christopher (great dancer but not a forumite) - don't know any other actual Brighton dancers who regularly attend (BTW I live in Hove actually, but it still comes under Brighton Council)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Thread Information