Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Fletch On TV

Re: Fletch On TV

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    I have only met Fletch the once, at Sara White's Purple night. She looked absolutely fabulous, and it baffles me why she was appearing on this show in the first place. I hope we get advanced warning of when the show is on.
    Thank you so much, it realy dose mean a lot to me

The reason I did the show was cos of the breif I was given, I was told that they were looking for strong, confident women, who were still out there giving it some, not sitting in doing twin set and pearls.

Trrinny was going to be stopping at mine to be 'Fletch' for a day.

I said the day before she came I hope she likes been 'Fletch' cos I do

mmmmmmm very ni-eve, (can't find the spelling) no she didn't like been 'Fletch'

I was asked to wear one of my most outragous outfits, we were going to copy somthing similar for Trinny to wear, so I wen't on the internet and go an idea of her, and one of the things she realy didn't like was her knee's so I put her in fishnets and long socks over the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    Go Fletch! Hope you showed em how it is done.. You will always be my style guru! You showed me how to dress like a lady

Sorry I couldn't be there with you but I was thinking about you
    no worries Doncaster to London is a long way.

Thank you for your confidence in me, it will be interesting to see how they portray me, you lot know me so its not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post
    hoorah for Fletch etc. , glad you appear to come though it all thinking "there's another super thing to be able to tell the grandchildren"

but completely off topic, please may I nominate the above for the best Fletcherism yet?
    Its been an experence, i'm glad I did it, whatever happens when its showed.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    One thing they did was to ask people in the night club that we were in what they thought of us, and how old we were, some of the girls got realy uspet about the comments, I new what was going to tbe said about me before it came on, so I wasn't surprised when one guy said, I would stand and watcher her dancing all night but be to scared to go up to her.
    Trinny reckoned she had made Fletch more approachable.

I have to say IMO there dress sence isn't that good,
    Trinny had a lovely hairstyle, but it didn't suit her at all. It was held together with a rubber band. perhaps it will look invisible on TV.

Plus her back is very muscular where she works out, it looked awful exposed by a white dress, which was strapless.

Susannah is slimmer in real life, and doesn't look like a man at all.

they left me alone mostly, told me I had the perfect figure,
    I was chatting to 2 women who had seen you in Milton Keynes, the week before. Seemed to be audience junkies. They were raving over your great figure. (and the shade of my lipstick). They also thought you looked much better than you had at Milton Keynes. Will that recording be televised as well?

we were aske for two outfits for them to look ay and the first (day time) I wen't shopping in it with them, they said it couldn't be improved, we wen't to Karen Millen shopping, and before we wen't in I said I hope these shoes and top arn't on displey this is were they came from the second was a black jump suit, I had my high spangly heals and my fab spangly bag, I walked out in fornt of them twerled and posed, there faces Susanah just sighed and said wow what a figure and Inadvertantly you are in fasion, I turned to the gils and said 'Inadvetainly how did I manage the with out there help' there was a raw of laughter and a cheer. nananana!
    Maybe they'll sack T and S and ask you to present "What not to wear"

There was champagne available all afternoon with not so much as a crisp or a peanut. (There were sandwiches back stage) Obviously, they were trying to get the audience drunk.

I was asked to wear one of my most outragous outfits, we were going to copy somthing similar for Trinny to wear, so I wen't on the internet and go an idea of her, and one of the things she realy didn't like was her knee's so I put her in fishnets and long socks over the knees.
    When Trinny brought the old rail of clothes out, I said to Sharon "I bet fletch wants her boots back" Then we looked at the photo again and realised you wern't actually wearing boots.

Why didn't you pick out your red devil suit for Trinny?

Its been an experence, i'm glad I did it, whatever happens when its showed.
    you must have learnt about camera angles.

Your hair is great, and the programme is bound to boost Ceroc numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Trinny reckoned she had made Fletch more approachable.
    when i met fletch at storm i found she was extremely approachable bigggg smile and a lovely lady
    No one could make her better in that way at all imho

Congratulations on dealing with the T and S experience - it would be my worst nightmare! BTW - how can you be unapproachable as I have never seen you without a dance partner?

Why didn't you pick out your red devil suit for Trinny?

Your hair is great, and the programme is bound to boost Ceroc numbers.
    I nearly did go for the devil suit

There were so many people asking me about Ceroc lots of people in the audiance talked to me about and the girls said wow!

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    when i met fletch at storm i found she was extremely approachable bigggg smile and a lovely lady
    No one could make her better in that way at all imho

thanks you, but I am aware that a lot of people tell me I look scary, also men seem to thing i'm some kind of vamp that they won't be able to satisfy, how wrong they are

thanks you, but I am aware that a lot of people tell me I look scary, also men seem to thing i'm some kind of vamp that they won't be able to satisfy, how wrong they are
    nah but then i am 6 foot tall so could look you in the eyes sometimes taller women scare shorter men

The reason I did the show was cos of the breif I was given, I was told that they were looking for strong, confident women, who were still out there giving it some, not sitting in doing twin set and pearls.
    The idea of you sitting in, in twin set and pearls...

Thank you for your confidence in me, it will be interesting to see how they portray me, you lot know me so its not a problem.
    That's the thing, the people who know you won't worry about what they say as we know Fletch - and we know you wear fabulous clothes and look great in them.

One thing I like about dancing is that I can wear clothes that wouldn't maybe look right elsewhere - esp here in NI people seem so conservative about clothes. I was out for dinner with non dancing friends last night and was tempted to wear a bright strappy top I'd normally wear to a regular dance night, and 'dress it down' with jeans - but didn't - and I would have looked over dressed in that as the rest were in jeans and t-shirts.

I love that I can dress up for dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    The idea of you sitting in, in twin set and pearls...

One thing I like about dancing is that I can wear clothes that wouldn't maybe look right elsewhere -
    I love that I can dress up for dancing.
    I did wear a twin set the one day but it was burgandy with spangles on, (there not into spangles) it with matching trousers and shoes, T&S didn't like it

I think its easy to wear clothes that you maybe wouldn't normally wear when you dance, cos its more excepterble, the thingis with me I can some times loose the plot and wear mad things to places where perhaps a more conservitive look is more apropriate.

I have just had a go at doing my hair and make up for the first time since the show, I have decided to wear the dress and shoes they put me in, (the one I chose from Karen Millen) I have a dozen just like it in the wardrobe, that's why I knew what size and style would suit my figure. I will post the response to my new image, and if I look less scary.

Congrats on doing the show Fletch!!
    I am sure that you showed those women a thing or two about dressing right!!

Do you know when the show will be on TV, Fletch?

.....how wrong they are

Absolutely, when you asked me for a Dance at Gloucester

It tuned out to be of most enjoyable dances of the evening

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Congrats on doing the show Fletch!!
    I am sure that you showed those women a thing or two about dressing right!!

Do you know when the show will be on TV, Fletch?
    not sure when its on we don't get told or to see it before it gose out.

show them a thing or two ? mmm not sure about that, they were very weary of me, I could tell, they did get to see a bit of 'Fletch'

I made friends with a girl on the show who was a very spritual pearson and quite sensitive, on the day they filmed the 'masterclass' where they showed us how to aply our make up, Trinny had this girl out infront of the rest of the class and had some kind of 'mad moment' she pulled and tugged her hair and then started to try and rub her lipstick off but just rubbed it all up her face, she was very rough, the girl ran out in tears, Trrinny ran after her, and I just thought she needed some support, so against been told to leave them I followed the floor manager said go back we will sort it, and I said NO I told **** I would'nt leave her and I would stand up for her, i'm not going untill she tells me to, so they let me go in to her. I could tell they had not had some one quite so stong before.

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post

Absolutely, when you asked me for a Dance at Gloucester

It tuned out to be of most enjoyable dances of the evening

Thank you

are you going to the 'T' dance at Glos on Sunday ?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I made friends with a girl on the show who was a very spritual pearson and quite sensitive, on the day they filmed the 'masterclass' where they showed us
    Was that the lady wearing green at Solihull on the Thursday? I spoke to her for a bit, in fact she was asking me for advice on wearing a scarf and I told her to tie it to the back and take off the necklace. I then asked her for a £20 fee.

It was a very interesting afternoon!

Nice to have a few forumites to chat to whilst waiting for over an hour outside! Good job it didn't rain

Shame Mikey R and Twirly had to go but the remaining 6 of us did our best to provide support, and work our way down a few glasses of bubbles! Apart from Gerry who was driving and had a great choice of water or water!

Overall the hairdresser needs commending, as everyone of the ladies had new styles that looked fantastic.

Some of the outfits on the other hand were not what I would called 'day wear' as they were described.

However, Fletche's outfit was very classey and chic in a very understated way. Not an outfit you would expect her to wear but non the less she looked fabulous in it.

I think T & S were a little taken aback by the strength of character exhibited but most of the ladies, and struggled to keep the upper hand - and lost!

Suzanna's attempt at kareoke was horrendous and although Jamie made Trinny look good on the dance floor she was obviously uncomfortable as she tried desperately to keep her dress up! As for her hair it was so OTT and as Astro said held up with a rubber band!

They were upstaged by the 9 ladies all the way through.

It will be interesting to see what they edit!!

Well done Fletch you looked fab throughout.
    Last edited by jinski; 27th-June-2008 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Was that the lady wearing green at Solihull on the Thursday? I spoke to her for a bit, in fact she was asking me for advice on wearing a scarf and I told her to tie it to the back and take off the necklace. I then asked her for a £20 fee
    gosh no that was the Lady I fell out with

Traqualisers and alcahol arn't a good combination

Quote Originally Posted by jinski View Post

However, Fletche's outfit was very classey and chic in a very understated way. Not an outfit you would expect her to wear but non the less she looked fabulous in it.

I think T & S were a little taken aback by the strength of character exhibited but most of the ladies, and struggled to keep the upper hand - and lost!

Suzanna's attempt at kareoke was horrendous and although Jamie made Trinny look good on the dance floor she was obviously uncomfortable as she tried desperately to keep her dress up! As for her hair it was so OTT and as Astro said held up with a rubber band!

They were upstaged by the 9 ladies all the way through.

It will be interesting to see what they edit!!

Well done Fletch you looked fab throughout.
    I wan'ted to wear some thing differnt.

Our strength of caracter and lost you better belive it! there used to them two and one unconfedent woman, this was a real challenge for them, I bet there glad its all over.

Jamie did realy well she was only interested in wow moves for the camera, dips drops etc, I told her to do the tit test we did it on camera befor we were to Solihull, but I dont think she did it properly before going out on stage the dress she had on is one I have from Monsoon, theres a lovely picture of me and Phil Webb dancing at Ashtons Ball in it, when she came out I said 'oooooo got it' I think they were fed up with me say that in the end the thing I didnt understand was the lack of attention to detail they both had! she was nearvous befor she went out.

It will be interesting how they edit it

Thank you

I wore the dress they had me in with my make up and hair done the way they did it the best I could and the overwhelming opinion is

Yes

Looks like the softer 'fletch' then

You looked great last night Fletch, and thanks for some fab dances

I wore the dress they had me in with my make up and hair done the way they did it the best I could and the overwhelming opinion is

Yes

Looks like the softer 'fletch' then
    We can't get away with wearing as much make up as we used to when we were younger.

It's ironic, because we didn't need it as school girls.

I hope Jammy/Jamie had a good look around The Cafe de Paris. He being Operations Manager, wouldn't it be lovely if we could have it for Ceroc?

The sound system is top notch, and it's a beautiful venue.

Last June (2007) i was chatting to one of the Swing/Lindy guys and he told me that on Fridays they had a Swing/Jive Band on. Because numbers were low on Friday nights, the venue invited the Swingers to come down.

The Jive Aces played there a few times. I meant to go, but never did.

Anyway he said that (last June ) the Cafe de Paris were getting fed up with the swingers, as they were taking up all the dance floor and not spending at the bar.

When i was there last week, i asked the bloke in the cubby hole if they still had Swing bands on Fridays. He looked sad when he said that they didn't anymore. Now it is "party nights" - does that mean private parties?

... I hope Jammy/Jamie had a good look around The Cafe de Paris. He being Operations Manager, wouldn't it be lovely if we could have it for Ceroc?...
    The Cafe De Paris has been associated with dancing and dance bands since the 1920's. Many of the great swing bands from the swing era played there.

Venue and Private Hire - Cafe de Paris

I was pleased to find out that it is the original, I had thought it was destroyed by a bomb.

Material From The London Metropolitan Archive

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    The Cafe De Paris has been associated with dancing and dance bands since the 1920's. Many of the great swing bands from the swing era played there.

Venue and Private Hire - Cafe de Paris

I was pleased to find out that it is the original, I had thought it was destroyed by a bomb.

Material From The London Metropolitan Archive
    There's some photos on there, and you can see the stairs which Fletch walked down for the cameras.

Says on the website that they have reduced prices for private hire in July/August.

Not sure if the floor is really big enough for a freestyle though - depends what's behind the curtain under the stairs.

Thread Information