Thread: Help re reformating an iPod from a PC to Mac

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Help re reformating an iPod from a PC to Mac

Hi guys

My iPod is synched with my Dell Laptop, of which i've been perfectly happy with up till now but the Dell is starting to have a few problems every now and then and I had a bit of a scare the other day, when it continually kept crashing

This has prompted me to start moving all my music over to the Mac, (its backed up on an external hard drive but I'm not sure its compatible with the Mac)

Anyway, I think the time has come to bite the bullet and re format the iPod to synch with the Mac.

Before I do so, is there anything I should take into consideration? Any tips or advice? Has anyone else actually done it?

The sad thing is, I know I'm going to loose all the playlists that i've built up over the years and that's probably the biggest thing that's holding me back at the moment.
    Is there any easy way to recreate them, without having to remake each one individually?

Thanks in advance
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Help re reformating an iPod from a PC to Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    The sad thing is, I know I'm going to loose all the playlists that i've built up over the years and that's probably the biggest thing that's holding me back at the moment.
    Is there any easy way to recreate them, without having to remake each one individually?
    There is a way to transfer your song ratings and playlists when migrating your itunes library from a pc to a mac. It's described on this webpage, but it is not straightforward... Though I guess as long as you have a backup and are prepared to spend a bit of time following the instructions, it should just work...
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Help re reformating an iPod from a PC to Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    There is a way to transfer your song ratings and playlists when migrating your itunes library from a pc to a mac. It's described on this webpage, but it is not straightforward... Though I guess as long as you have a backup and are prepared to spend a bit of time following the instructions, it should just work...
    Hmm, I'm not sure I'm ready for this 'today'

I think it's more a 'rainy day' job!

Now I bet the bloomin' PC packs up today, just to spite me!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Thread Information