Thread: First night in Aberdeen

First night in Aberdeen

Thank you all so much for making my first night in Aberdeen so memorable!!

Having danced for 4 years all across the UK, I thought I'd met the friendliest dancers around, but I was wrong!! You guys made the night!!

Fab teaching from Lorna - THANKS - not often I feel challenged anymore!!

Great demo from Lisa - and hey, I think we all know the perils of trying to spin on carpet!!

And then to Lisa and Laura for inviting me on to the Bud bar! Wow you guys are friendly!! I had such a good night, and I made sure to book future dates in the NE so that I can catch up with you all again.

In the meantime, it would be great to hear from anyone I danced with (especially Lisa and Laura): so feel free to mail me: jmrowe000@hotmail.com

Look forward to seeing you all very soon. And THANKS again!!

James (I dance like Frank (apparently))

xx

Thumbs up

And thank you too James for all your kind words. It would be lovely to see you back in Aberdeen at some point especially if you could make it to our Tuesday night in Peterculter.

Amanda

Cool Going North

Are you ready for this?

I'll be working in Aberdeen on Thursday, so just might pop along to O'Donoghues in the evening - so if any of you Forum Chatters are going to be there, please say Hello to me - I guess I look vaguely like my avatar, but suspect I won't be wearing the caveman outfit.

It'll be my first time at a class in Aberdeen, so what time does it finish, as I'll have to drive back home to Fife afterwards?

The night finishes at 10.30pm John.

Look forward to seeing you in Oil Slick City - mind and wear a carnation so that we recognise you...

Amanda

ps Ah go on, wear the caveman outfit - you know we'll appreciate it up here.

Re: Going North

Originally posted by John S
    Are you ready for this?

I'll be working in Aberdeen on Thursday, so just might pop along to O'Donoghues in the evening - so if any of you Forum Chatters are going to be there, please say Hello to me - I guess I look vaguely like my avatar, but suspect I won't be wearing the caveman outfit.
    Would be good to see you there John S. I haven't been on a Thursday for a while but will make an effort this time. Caveman outfit, whatever, we are very open minded up here!

Re: First night in Aberdeen

Originally posted by JYork18
    Thank you all so much for making my first night in Aberdeen so memorable!!

In the meantime, it would be great to hear from anyone I danced with (especially Lisa and Laura): so feel free to mail me: jmrowe000@hotmail.com

Look forward to seeing you all very soon. And THANKS again!!

James (I dance like Frank (apparently))

xx
    Damn it I missed it! Yep you should try and come on a Tuesday to Peterculter, great fun!
    Hopefully see you next time.
    Cheers

Sandy

well i finally managed a trip up to Peterculter and WOW!!! what a venue!!!! what can i say.....great people, great music, great atmosphere, great dance floor, great teacher....ok thats a bit Biasist coz she's my teacher but now i know where to go, i'll hopefully get up when Lorna's on

Had a great night in all....cheers for the dances peeps

anyone who hasn't been to visit yet...MAKE THE EFFORT!!!

filthycute x x

Originally posted by filthycute
    well i finally managed a trip up to Peterculter and WOW!!! what a venue!!!! what can i say.....great people, great music, great atmosphere, great dance floor, great teacher....ok thats a bit Biasist coz she's my teacher but now i know where to go, i'll hopefully get up when Lorna's on

Had a great night in all....cheers for the dances peeps

anyone who hasn't been to visit yet...MAKE THE EFFORT!!!

filthycute x x
    Hi filthycute

I was there on Tuesday (as usual) and it was a great night. The teacher was new to me (she was covering for Lorna and she was excellent, as is Lorna).

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm determined to get down to Dundee sometime as well as some of the other venues eg Edinburgh, Glasgow.

Sandy

Cool Re: Re: Going North

Originally posted by Sandy
    Would be good to see you there John S. I haven't been on a Thursday for a while but will make an effort this time. Caveman outfit, whatever, we are very open minded up here!
    White teeshirt, black trousers - boring, so just think Guinness.

Re: Re: Re: Going North

White teeshirt, black trousers - boring, so just think Guinness.
    I found you, great to meet you and even better to dance with you, wot a dancer! you have to promise to come back and teach me those moves and more again! Pity about the venue. O'Donohues (spelling!) was a bit of a nightmare last night. Oh so crowded, impossible for the class part and even more so for the free style. One or two very ambitious movers out there and it was nearly first aid or even hospital cases. A very popular venue but way too tight for space. Not meaning to be a moaner but I don't just speak for myself and I now this has been a bit of a hot potato before but there really is a case for a better venue and one with a decent floor. Sorry to be a pain but I love to dance Ceroc but it would be oh so much better at another venue!

Gone off the track a bit John but look forward to seeing you again, might even make it to Dundee soon.

Sandy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Going North

I found you, great to meet you and even better to dance with you, wot a dancer! you have to promise to come back and teach me those moves and more again!
    Too kind!!! Lovely to see and dance with both you and Amanda. Kept finding myself dancing next to Bill, so had to raise my game - couldn't match the vest and 5 o'clock stubble though!!
    Pity about the venue.
    I must admit, I was a bit disappointed - the uneven floor took quite some getting used to (basically I just tried to get onto the wooden bit and stay there!!) and the place was so crowded it was like dancing in a pinball machine, even(especially) during the lesson.

I know the numbers attending is a good argument for saying how popular/successful the place is, but all the smashing loons and quines in Aberdeen deserve somewhere better in the City Centre, if possible (I know Peterculter is supposed to be fab, but it would be good to have a first class central venue as well.)
    Gone off the track a bit John but look forward to seeing you again, might even make it to Dundee soon.
    That would be great - let me know beforehand if you can, so I can hoover the red carpet. But wear something cool - the Dundee venue is HOT (in more ways than one!!!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Going North

That would be great - let me know beforehand if you can, so I can hoover the red carpet. But wear something cool - the Dundee venue is HOT (in more ways than one!!!)
    Get the hoover out, the two Sandras are coming on Wednesday! Got the bikini and sunspecs looked out - wanna be cool

Sandy

Unhappy Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Going North

Get the hoover out, the two Sandras are coming on Wednesday! Got the bikini and sunspecs looked out - wanna be cool

Sandy
    Aaaarrrrggghhh - won't be at Dundee next Wednesday, as will be working in Nuneaton that day (I know, I find it hard to believe too!!!)

You might be a bit hot in the bikinis, though.

Thread Information