Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Southport June '08 the aftermath.

Re: Southport June '08 the aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    I asked Stewart if mine was a Slim World burger. He wasn't sure.

It was a biggy though - delicious, and deliciously cooked by Stewart38
    Fletch's SW burgers are

Fletch very kindly brought the burgers over very early, therefore they were the first to be BBQ'd and set the barbie off really great - so if you were early you defo got a SW treat

(Thanks Fletch )

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

I feel compelled to make a confession here. I didn't bring anything to the BBQ. I'm really sorry. I had planned to call in briefly and see folk, then go over and have dinner with the NI ones. But when I got there I was told 'have a burger, there's plenty' when I said 'but I didn't bring anything', and it smelled so nice...

And then the company was just so good that I decided I would stay there instead (caught up with the NI ones later for a drink). I'm sorry, I will make sure I bring something next time and thanks to all who organised and brought stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I feel compelled to make a confession here. I didn't bring anything to the BBQ.............
    hey, come on burfday gal............... so pleased you came along - there was certainly enough for everyone.

The only objection I had, was someone who came along with a already started carton of milk I questioned this and was told me that he had said, " I brought milk as I knew no-one wanted it and I could take it back with me"

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    hey, come on burfday gal............... so pleased you came along - there was certainly enough for everyone.
    You don't need to bring anything on your birthday.

The only objection I had, was someone who came along with a already started carton of milk I questioned this and was told me that he had said, " I brought milk as I knew no-one wanted it and I could take it back with me"
    Reminds me of the old joke.
    Bloke gets invited to a bring a bottle party - he turns up with a bottle of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I feel compelled to make a confession here. I didn't bring anything to the BBQ. I'm really sorry. I had planned to call in briefly and see folk, then go over and have dinner with the NI ones. But when I got there I was told 'have a burger, there's plenty' when I said 'but I didn't bring anything', and it smelled so nice...

And then the company was just so good that I decided I would stay there instead (caught up with the NI ones later for a drink). I'm sorry, I will make sure I bring something next time and thanks to all who organised and brought stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post

Despite my previously being a bit bah humbug about people not contributing, having been there now, I think it might be just as well there are some who don’t, as otherwise there would’ve been so much wasted food it would have been tragic. Besides, there is a bit of a difference between your attitude Lynn (and I’m sure you normally contribute) and those who just decide to exploit the generosity of others every year.

Think of your lovely company as your contribution

Thread Information