Thread: The Apprentice meets Ceroc

The Apprentice meets Ceroc

I got forced to watch that rubbish program a couple of nights ago.
    It was a recorded episode (episode Ha! I nearly had an episode! crap that it is). Anyway the idea was to create an advert for Tissues, Anti-Bacterial ones to boot. One of the teams, you know the format, failed to get across that they were advertising Tissue ordinary or Anti-Bacterial in their haste to create a beautiful piece of cinema. Total Tosh!

Anyway this failure to inform the most important part of a message would appear to be spreading. Someone in Ceroc London or wherever it is now must be listening to those scary words. . . . "You're Fired!"

The Ashton's Final Blowout Mailshot fell into my box, Twice now and both times failed to indicate a date. Amateurs.

I did reply to them - in my own inimitable fashion, to inform them or their error. I didn't expect a reply you know the score there.

Oh I know I can go to the website, I can come in here, I can do lots of things to discover the date of the event. But the mailshot should have provided me with all the details in one hit.

Rubbish

Ceroc London . . . . You're Fired!

So when is it then? No I don't want to know. It would spoil it now!

Re: The Apprentice meets Ceroc

I have regularly received free entry offers by email since the start of the year and was informed that my email address was not on file a fortnight ago on entry. Same Ceroc Central Database is used.

I do not agree that "The Apprentice" is a rubbish programme. It is a superb management training tool. In amongst the disasters there are triumphs. Last night we saw someone with no car rental sales experience make 8K of sales on his first day. We have seen two teams introduce meals into non-food pubs and both return a profit first night, one team before they opened the doors. They both made elementary mistakes in that task, but those mistakes were easily correctable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I got forced to watch that rubbish program a couple of nights ago.
    It was a recorded episode (episode Ha! I nearly had an episode! crap that it is). Anyway the idea was to create an advert for Tissues, Anti-Bacterial ones to boot. One of the teams, you know the format, failed to get across that they were advertising Tissue ordinary or Anti-Bacterial in their haste to create a beautiful piece of cinema. Total Tosh!

Anyway this failure to inform the most important part of a message would appear to be spreading. Someone in Ceroc London or wherever it is now must be listening to those scary words. . . . "You're Fired!"

The Ashton's Final Blowout Mailshot fell into my box, Twice now and both times failed to indicate a date. Amateurs.

I did reply to them - in my own inimitable fashion, to inform them or their error. I didn't expect a reply you know the score there.

Oh I know I can go to the website, I can come in here, I can do lots of things to discover the date of the event. But the mailshot should have provided me with all the details in one hit.

Rubbish

Ceroc London . . . . You're Fired!

So when is it then? No I don't want to know. It would spoil it now!

Apprentice is a great programme

On the Thread not sure if its for room 101 or your fired Id include

Ceroc website

too many faults and always out of date

Ceroc weekender e-mail (cant they just read it so the May event doesnt say 'now the nights are drawing in' . You can only smoke in the arcade area etc etc

Had a holiday e-mail from dance holidays and it said in title great April offers. It was of course talking about May offers etc)

It was a 'typo' , i know whats thats about

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Hmm "rubbish" is a decent description of the programme to be honest - they don't pick people for their ability to compete, they pick them to clash with each other on the premise that this is more interesting - its so contrived its annoying. The oh so selective editing and the repeat of the same bits again and again is even more annoying.

BUT it's not as annoying as "Britains got no talent" which concentrates on the people who have no talent in the opening stages. Now its the Semi-Finals and at least we now concentrate on some actual talent. Annoyingly, for each semi-final heat they have picked 1 act that should never have been there - so talentless it's scary - I'm guessing , but I assume the reasoning behind this is they need an "bottom act"...someone in each heat to get the "wooden spoon". I don't see the logic myself, its supposed to be a talent competition after all.

Bring back Hughie Green

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    It was a 'typo' , i know whats thats about

If you had a cat, "typo" would be the perfect name

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Hmm "rubbish" is a decent description of the programme to be honest - they don't pick people for their ability to compete, they pick them to clash with each other on the premise that this is more interesting - its so contrived its annoying. The oh so selective editing and the repeat of the same bits again and again is even more annoying.

BUT it's not as annoying as "Britains got no talent" which concentrates on the people who have no talent in the opening stages. Now its the Semi-Finals and at least we now concentrate on some actual talent. Annoyingly, for each semi-final heat they have picked 1 act that should never have been there - so talentless it's scary - I'm guessing , but I assume the reasoning behind this is they need an "bottom act"...someone in each heat to get the "wooden spoon". I don't see the logic myself, its supposed to be a talent competition after all.

Bring back Hughie Green
    Sorry to hear you have had to sit through so much rubbish

Of course there is always the off switch but 15 million tend not to use it

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you have had to sit through so much rubbish
    I don't sit through it now, I've seen enough - but Ive got to watch it enough to complain haven't I ? I'm not a Daily Mail reader after all . The annoying thing about annoying tv nowadays even more than the annoying programmes themselves is the annoying regularity they are repeated. Its annoying. I do sit down occasionaly of an evening and channel-surf - rubbish-rubbish-rubbish etc...annoying. And annoyingly, ALL ADVERT BREAKS HAPPEN ON ALL CHANNELS AT THE SAME BLOODY TIME. Now THAT's annoying.

The Apprentice was good in places but too annoying to keep me watching, I've found better things to do rather than watch the last 2 episodes.

I hope no one has been annoyed by this post.

ALL ADVERT BREAKS HAPPEN ON ALL CHANNELS AT THE SAME BLOODY TIME. Now THAT's annoying.
    Also how long the adds are , thats very annoying

In the old days you would have 5 adds Persil, Fruit and Nut, Halifax one, Bisto and Harmny Hair Spray

I now use the sky and start a movie 15mins 'behind' and after ive skipped through the adds Ive caught up by the end

You have adds, trailers more adds and whats on . Sky galdators must have had 345433 trailers before it started

Back on thread I blame the ceroc website

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

i should have said - i watch almost all TV after Timeshifting from my Liteon box - so all ads get skipped quickly anyway - so at least technology is out to help us I rarely watch any of the Sky channels mainly because I only get the free ones

Also how long the adds are , thats very annoying
    And that the volume level often goes up when the ads come on. Still, it means I have to reach for the remote anyway, might as well change channels as turn the volume down...

Being able to skip adds saves loads of time - just need to work out how to convince my (mythtv) box to detect them whilst it's recording, rather than just doing it after a recording has finished.

Quote Originally Posted by tsh View Post
    Being able to skip adds saves loads of time - just need to work out how to convince my (mythtv) box to detect them whilst it's recording, rather than just doing it after a recording has finished.
    The ads have a special signal embedded so that the ampout of time adverts are being displayed can be monitored. There used to be boxes on sale that used those signal to remove ads from recordings but they were declared illegal. It is possible to make your own.

An Eclectic Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    The ads have a special signal embedded so that the ampout of time adverts are being displayed can be monitored. There used to be boxes on sale that used those signal to remove ads from recordings but they were declared illegal. It is possible to make your own.
    On what grounds could they have been declared illegal?

Not questioning the story, but I'm genuinely interested in how the complainants (the commercial TV stations presumably) could have actually spun this as an illegal practice.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart M View Post

Not questioning the story, but I'm genuinely interested in how the complainants (the commercial TV stations presumably) could have actually spun this as an illegal practice.
    or was this made up ? or in the U.S., home of weird judicial findings ?

As long as you pay for a service coming into the house, once it is IN your house you surely can do what you want with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart M View Post

or was this made up ? or in the U.S., home of weird judicial findings ?

As long as you pay for a service coming into the house, once it is IN your house you surely can do what you want with it.
    This was a U.K. legal action. I was surprised the TV companies won. I do not know the grounds. Perhaps copyright? Copyright law forbids alteration, something I found out after I had "improved" someones business modelling software and proudly showed it to the manufacturers.

Just before the legal action an electronics magazine printed a project to make such a device. It is possible I still have it. (should have been thrown away years ago.)

Thread Information