Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Best thing a Taxi ever did for you?

Re: Best thing a Taxi ever did for you?

2nd visit to ceroc - after the beginners lesson standing watching the dance floor totally in awe at all the moves that were taking place. My wee mind was saying never in a million years will I be able to do that. The lovely Dermot asked me if I'd like a dance. I said yes (of course) but I really wanted to run for the nearest exit as it was my 1st ever freestyle dance. Dermot commented that I was easy to lead. Boy oh boy was I on a high after that . Later in the evening I went and asked him for a dance which he duly obliged and I've never looked back since.

Dermot that 1st dance will always be one that I remember.
    Thank you

Taxi dancers are very patient, kind, caring people who will cater for to your every need both on and off the dance floor.

I have, in my short time in this environment, come across many dear, kind soles who are going out of their way just to help some complete stranger lost on the path to equilibrium.

One young lady in particular springs to mind. I was having a bad day. couldn't get a thing right. She approached me and offered to show me a few moves.

It just makes me feel warm inside that these people exist.

I hope the young lady in question doesn't mind but I have attatched her photo because just the sight of this particular taxi dancer is so warming...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Leo

I hope the young lady in question doesn't mind but I have attatched her photo because just the sight of this particular taxi dancer is so warming...
    That's some taxi dancer !!

Taxi dancers are very patient, kind, caring people who will cater for to your every need both on and off the dance floor.
    Oh yes. I haven't been invited to dance by a Taxi at any time during an evening for a very long time.

Does this men that:

1. I'm so bad as to be beyond redemption.

2. I'm a regular fixture and therefore don't need encouragement.

3. I'm good enough not to require assistance, but

4. I'm not good enough for them to actually want to dance with me.

Okay, so the one female Taxi doesn't get any help from the demo. and has a lot more crappy males to try to improve and inspire than the male Taxi who shares duties with both the DJ and the teacher. It seems that the ladies, although in a modest majority, do seem to get a rather better deal in this respect than the guys. And it's a little offputting to think of requesting a dance from a lady who's just been transported so effortlessly to heaven by the teacher.
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 8th-December-2004 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard
    Oh yes. I haven't been invited to dance by a Taxi at any time during an evening for a very long time.

Does this mean that:

1. I'm so bad as to be beyond redemption.
    2. I'm a regular fixture and therefore don't need encouragement.
    3. I'm good enough not to require assistance, but
    4. I'm not good enough for them to actually want to dance with me.
    No.

It means you should ask them.

Taxi dancers are often busy. It's often quite dark, and it's often not easy to spot the beginners from a distance.

I mean, I will always do the best I can to search out the beginners, and the unconfident, when I'm taxiiing - but I can't be everywhere at once, and I can't always either see or remember everyone that would like a dance.

But when I'm on duty (and mostly when I'm not) I'm very happy to dance with people that ask me, and I'm sure this is true for the vast majority of taxi dancers.

The other thing is that if you've been going for some time, the taxis may well no longer think of you as a beginner, and so concentrate their attention on people that are newer. This doesn't mean they're unavailable to you, though, since taxis' remit is to dance with beginners and anyone else that needs help or is lacking confidence.

So don't be backward in coming forward - get yourself out there

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisA; 8th-December-2004 at 10:18 AM.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard
    That's some taxi dancer !!
    Nah , quite common to see that sort of outfit on the taxi dancers up here. Graham and Stuart M have one just like it, although I believe Graham has baby pink boots

One young lady in particular springs to mind. I was having a bad day. couldn't get a thing right. She approached me and offered to show me a few moves.

It just makes me feel warm inside that these people exist.

I suspect this might be the kind of taxi dancers Franck would love to see in Jumpin Jaks . . . could you fit 'Taxi' and 'Ceroc' on her top though?

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    I suspect this might be the kind of taxi dancers Franck would love to see in Jumpin Jaks . . . could you fit 'Taxi' and 'Ceroc' on her top though?
    probably in tiny letters, so I would have to check very closely
    Franck.

There's an A.P.P. for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Franck
    probably in tiny letters, so I would have to check very closely

I know how you like to pay attention to detail . . .

An Eclectic Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Nah , quite common to see that sort of outfit on the taxi dancers up here. Graham and Stuart M have one just like it, although I believe Graham has baby pink boots
    That's a damned lie and you know it.

I had to buy Graham his own. He got fed up, having to wash and dry it quickly for Wednesday's GUU class, after me wearing it Tuesdays. Anyway, I prefer tighter legwear.

But oh man, those BOOTS !

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA

It means you should ask them.
    No need. Tonight's taxi asked me. Wee hah!! And she had a 'Dirty Dancing' T-shirt. But I didn't go in for any of that - not yet awhile.

Coincidence huh? She couldn't be lurking on this forum, could she? Sussed me out? That wouldn't be hard.

Take your other points and realise it's up to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart M
    Anyway, I prefer tighter legwear.
    Don't we all know it?

As for you, smurf-boy, you should know I wouldn't be seen dead wearing baby pink boots. Fuscia, perhaps, but baby pink, never.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Just to bring this thread to the front again.

Last night was my first night as a taxi dancer and i just wanted to say that i never realised how much taxi's put into the class, all that thinking, remembering and leading(and sometimes all at once, men how do you do it, and breathe at the same time ) ! Those taxi's who have been for years.....

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    Just to draw attention to the fact that I've just been made a taxi dancer. ( Gx )

Last night was my first night as a taxi dancer and i just wanted to say that i never realised how much taxi's put into the class, all that thinking, remembering and leading (and sometimes all at once, men how do you do it, and breathe at the same time ) ! Those taxi's who have been for years.....
    I still find it very difficult to call out the moves unless I'm actually dancing them, which then makes it harder to watch what the class are doing. But what I think is more of an achievement is female teachers being able to instruct from a leader's perspective whilst dancing as a follower!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    But what I think is more of an achievement is female teachers being able to instruct from a leader's perspective whilst dancing as a follower!
    Yes, that really impresses me, too. It's as if they dance on autopilot (but without seeming to) AND still manage to call out the leader's moves AND keep an eye on what's happening in the class as well.

Also, I'm full of respect for the female taxi dancers who very often have to dance and describe the lead in taxi classes - I'm very conscious that I can't really dance the follower part very well and need to improve that aspect of my taxi dance teaching - any guys out there wanna dance with me????

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    Last night was my first night as a taxi dancer
    Now why doesn't it surprise me that you were asked to be a taxi dancer, Drathzel?? Well done you, and hope you'll enjoy it! You've got exactly the right personality to be a great taxi dancer - oh, and your dancing isn't too bad either!

Oh - and be gentle with them, won't you??

Little Monkey

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey
    Now why doesn't it surprise me that you were asked to be a taxi dancer, Drathzel?? Well done you, and hope you'll enjoy it!
    Thank you!!

You've got exactly the right personality to be a great taxi dancer - oh, and your dancing isn't too bad either!
    Would that be the fact that i could talk a leg of a donkey?
    Oh - and be gentle with them, won't you??

Little Monkey
    I'm always gentle

I like looking at old threads that the Slurp Spiders are looking at too (there, you're not missing UP at all now are you?)

The best thing a taxi ever did for me was make me feel really special - he was taxi-ing at one of the Ashtons "Fred & Ginger in a day" workshops (my second time ever at a Ceroc event) and nagged me about eye contact and smiling, telling me that at that moment in time I was the most important woman in the whole wide world. When I said "I bet you say that to all the girls" he said "Yep"... which made me relax and laugh, and realise that this dancing thing was supposed to be fun.

Martin at the Casbah, I want to marry you when I grow up*.

*luckily for you, that's never going to happen

Planet Wacko (a now motorised world of my own):)

to say to me

"make your very own little routine consisting of six moves or so, and then before long you will be able to dance these moves whilst looking round at the other dancers and recognise more moves you know which you can then add into you dance or even into your own little routine!
    and
    "don't worry about dancing the same moves - the trick is to dance with lots of different women and then your moves are new to them every time"

well it worked for me as a beginner and soon helped me build up my confidence until I could think of moves to use on the floor seconds before using them

but the very best thing a taxi dancer did for me was to agree to be my lodger!!

luv you Taz

On my first night at ceroc a very nice taxi bloke got a very nervous me up to start the beginners class : He said to me 'don't worry, if you make any mistakes it'll be the guy's fault. I thought i could live with that Stuart

Thread Information