Thread: I'm Following the Leader

I'm Following the Leader

I have decided after dancing as a leader for all of these years to join your girls and become a follower.

This poses a few points.

1. To be a better leader you should have the knowledge to be able to follow so that you can anticitpate and appreciate your partner more.

2. Why should the stereotype be that men only dance with women. Rest assured I am red blooded male who is certain of his sexuality. Women dancing with women is acceptable so why do men limit their choice.

I am sure some of you experienced guys on this forum are of the same view so forget about what people think and enjoy a dance for dancing sake.

Steve R

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: I'm Following the Leader

Thats only 2 points, not "a few" You'll also find that the topic has been discussed many, many times before. Personally I'm not sure being a better follow makes you a better leader, but then maybe thats because I'm a terrible follow

Quote Originally Posted by Jive Crazy View Post
    I have decided after dancing as a leader for all of these years to join your girls and become a follower.

This poses a few points.

1. To be a better leader you should have the knowledge to be able to follow so that you can anticitpate and appreciate your partner more.

2. Why should the stereotype be that men only dance with women. Rest assured I am red blooded male who is certain of his sexuality. Women dancing with women is acceptable so why do men limit their choice.

I am sure some of you experienced guys on this forum are of the same view so forget about what people think and enjoy a dance for dancing sake.

Steve R
    I think that before you teach you should be able to do all the beginner moves as a lead and as a follow.

I first learnt to follow at the back of the class, with a guy leading me through the class. Respect to him, as he had the balls to be confident and also help me out.

I think it made me a better teacher, when the time came that I started teaching.

Yes I am sure a lot for that guy to help you Martin but I am sure it helped and that is what it is all about.

I'd say what's important about learning the opposite role is more about feeling 'the other side of the connection', and to adapt your own in consequence. It helps no end to know what followers are responding to when you lead (and how horrible some stuff can feel), and to know what leaders are going through when you follow.

Although I am not entirely sure female followers behave exactly the same with a female leader and males leaders lead the same with a male follower, but that's another debate.

Rest assured I am red blooded male who is certain of his sexuality.
    Good for you (if that is good ?)
    Thanks for reassuring us though, I was very worried indeed.

anybody enjoying a dance for not dancing sake out there ?

Yes I am sure a lot for that guy to help you Martin but I am sure it helped and that is what it is all about.
    Are you related to Steward38 at all ?

Thanks for your comments Caro I appreciate it. It reminds me of a tabloid reporter taking innocent remarks out of context. I am sure you were only jesting though. I don't know Steward38 but perhaps if we are so similar then we should become acquainted.

Steve R

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I don't know Steward38 but perhaps if we are so similar then we should become acquainted.
    You could enter a Scrabble tournament together

Thread Information