Thread: New Class Night in Shrewsbury on Wednesdays

Cool New Class Night in Shrewsbury on Wednesdays

Last night Twirlie Bird and me went down to check out the opening night of Maya's new venue; and what a night it was. Maya is such a lovely person and from the huge amount of support that this night had that really showed, the place was rammed. There were dancers of all abilities and a huge bunch of first timers too.

The venue is gorgeous, and was laid out with huge attention to detail. Balloons, chocs on the tables, little candels and some great music. The classes looked fun and there were lots of people for both classes when the time came for the intermediate class. It's a good job Maya had the foresight to lay some temp flooring as it was really needed.

Everything rocked along nicely right through to the end of the last track. It was great seeing new faces and old. It really is excellent asking total strangers for dances - so many chances to find someone you really click with.

If you live near Shrewsbury then get yourself along on a Wednesday night - you will be pleased you did. Well done Maya

Commercial Operator

Re: New Class Night in Shrewsbury on Wednesdays

Yeah huge respect for Maja. I was so proud of you last night.

As Stokie said the venue was gorgeous. One bit he missed out though twas every table had a big jug of iced water and glasses supplied. How cool was that! Simple but very effective.

Had a great night with the exception of the man who was obviously far too used to getting his own way. About half way thought the dance he got fed up of me doing my own thing that he stopped dancing and crossed his arms. Seriously! I just grinned and carried on dancing around him until he decided he wanted to join in again. Then he gave me a stern 'you have been a naughty girl' look and carried on dancing. Lets just say that the rest of the dance was 'interesting'. I don't thin sabotage quite covers it!

The rest of the dancers and the crew were awesome though. This venue is going to be a huge success. Just a shame that it is too far to become a weekly event fot us.

Thread Information