Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dispatches

Re: Dispatches

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Where is the line drawn betwen minimal force (which did not look that minimal) and taking the law in your own hands?
    This is one of the strengths of english law. It isn't written down anywhere, and so a tribunal(magistrates or jury) will be expected to weigh up contrasting evidence to decide whether the circumstances suggest that there was an assault or not; then the court (magistrates or judge) will have to listen to arguments in mitigation and decide what the penalty should be.

This can also be a weakness, because people who think they are acting reasonably might not find out until months later that a jury disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post

Which sounds like "you're judgemental, therefore you are wrong and i hate you". Say it isn't so
    It isn't so, but I'm too busy to get into it again at the moment, just want to point out that I don't hate Barry, am not trying to suggest that I hate Barry, nor am I trying to entice anyone else to hate Barry...I'm just arguing with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Feet View Post
    It isn't so, but I'm too busy to get into it again at the moment, just want to point out that I don't hate Barry, am not trying to suggest that I hate Barry, nor am I trying to entice anyone else to hate Barry...I'm just arguing with him!
    Well, that's two people who don't hate me...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Feet View Post
    Yes I know, I was mimicking the "hate you" cry of a petulant child for comedy effect, I was not seriously suggesting you hate Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Well, that's two people who don't hate me...
    Well I don't hate you...er...was I included in that count ?

Yes I know, I was mimicking the "hate you" cry of a petulant child for comedy effect, I was not seriously suggesting you hate Barry
    Well I don't hate you...er...was I included in that count ?
    That's three then.

And I just found out my employers are definitely not in that count since they made redundant this morning effective next month. I am...wordless.

And I just found out my employers are definitely not in that count since they made redundant this morning effective next month. I am...wordless.
    Ouch!! Sorry to hear about your employers Hate being redundant although its only happened to me once but luckly got another job quite quickly.

Barry i don't hate you and im sure there are more people who also don't hate you

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Ouch!! Sorry to hear about your employers Hate being redundant although its only happened to me once but luckly got another job quite quickly.

Barry i don't hate you and im sure there are more people who also don't hate you
    Thanks, CS. My employment prospects, unfortunately, are rather bleak.

That's three then.

I am sorry to hear that. It is quite a blow to take. I have been there twice. The first time was actually a sacking. I found out later that I had been wrongly blamed for a big disaster which was actually caused my shift chief using my name. The second was with 60 others as part of a deal with the American Unions. Their NASA contract had been cancelled, our group was in the huge growth area of North Sea Oil exploration.

I wish that there had been MJ at that time, it is the best cure for oncoming depression that I have found. Keep dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post

I dont hate barry does that make 5 or 6 now ?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I dont hate barry does that make 5 or 6 now ?
    I foresee a Barry appreciation thread - in fact dead people told me to expect it...

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    I am sorry to hear that. It is quite a blow to take. I have been there twice. The first time was actually a sacking. I found out later that I had been wrongly blamed for a big disaster which was actually caused my shift chief using my name. The second was with 60 others as part of a deal with the American Unions. Their NASA contract had been cancelled, our group was in the huge growth area of North Sea Oil exploration.

I wish that there had been MJ at that time, it is the best cure for oncoming depression that I have found. Keep dancing.
    You know, thanks for that mate.

I was thinking about not going dancing tonight but I think I will after all.

I foresee a Barry appreciation thread - in fact dead people told me to expect it...
    LOL totally with you on that DS

That's three then.

Sorry to hear that

That's three then.

Thread Information