Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Viva Las Vegas - The Aftermath!

Commercial Operator

Re: Viva Las Vegas - The Aftermath!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post

What has been learned is that the freestyle sessions were busiest between 2pm-5pm. So just as you have said SB, that would allow lessons in the morning, followed by a 2-3 hour freestyle session each day, then followed by maybe another couple of lessons before the evening freestyle.
    Classes in the morning sounds like a great idea in that room. I don't expect there were many dancing during that time. However interrupting the freestyle after that with more lessons isn't such a great idea. That will break the flow that was amazing over the weekend. If Ceroc do decide to do this the only thing that will make it a little better is to ensure there is music in the pub during the lessons. That way there will still be some freestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    What has been learned is that the freestyle sessions were busiest between 2pm-5pm. So just as you have said SB, that would allow lessons in the morning, followed by a 2-3 hour freestyle session each day, then followed by maybe another couple of lessons before the evening freestyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    Classes in the morning sounds like a great idea in that room. I don't expect there were many dancing during that time. However interrupting the freestyle after that with more lessons isn't such a great idea. That will break the flow that was amazing over the weekend. If Ceroc do decide to do this the only thing that will make it a little better is to ensure there is music in the pub during the lessons. That way there will still be some freestyle.
    If it is changed then maybe there could be freestyle in the pub whilst the lessons are on.

Quiz etc in the pub whilst the freestyle is in the cyclone.

It would still have all day freestyle this way and should help keep everyone happy

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky Steve View Post
    If it is changed then maybe there could be freestyle in the pub whilst the lessons are on.

Quiz etc in the pub whilst the freestyle is in the cyclone.

It would still have all day freestyle this way and should help keep everyone happy
    Sounds like a fab plan !

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Kicks Ass View Post
    The highs:
    The burlesque performance (didn't look to bad considering they had only worked on it for a couple of hours.
    50 mins on the actual practice. Didn't have music sorted until 8 pm (and they still butchered it!). Didn't have any set choregraohy - all the routines we did, we made up ourselves at 3pm that day!

I know I am very late - should be really getting ready for SP, but here's my 2p-worth:
    Burlesque performance - great fun!
    Having the Bond cabaret rehearsing in the Tempest just for us as an audience!
    Saturday night - so many people dressed up, fantastic! (unfortunately, after wearing high heels for Burlesque, had to go to bed early, as my feet were killing me!)
    No ants in our chalet - don't know whther to be happy about it now, as so many people seemed to have had fun with them
    Thank you all my fab dance partners - Mike; Warren - sorry I jumped you, hon; Filthy Monkey; Silver Fox; Spikey Steve - we will get that second dance, promise!!!; Matt; Richard - thanks for feedback, I tried to use it straight away!; and all the others I danced with but can't remember the names of - sorry guys, and gals!
    Didn't feel my usual self most of the time, went to bed early every night - but when was dancing, was having FABULOUS time!

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    Having the Bond cabaret rehearsing in the Tempest just for us as an audience!
    Funnily enough, one of my biggest highlights was rehearsing the Bond cabaret in the Tempest in front of a group of scantilly clad, Burlesque dancers

Thanks again for the wet wipes and safety pins!!

Registered User Katie Kicks Ass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nebula View Post
    50 mins on the actual practice. Didn't have music sorted until 8 pm (and they still butchered it!). Didn't have any set choregraohy - all the routines we did, we made up ourselves at 3pm that day!
    I know I watched you rehersing.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    Funnily enough, one of my biggest highlights was rehearsing the Bond cabaret in the Tempest in front of a group of scantilly clad, Burlesque dancers

Thanks again for the wet wipes and safety pins!!
    All thanks to Madeleine - and yes, you REALLY weren't watching her.

Well my views are a little late, after having the week following vlv off work this week has been very busy.

Overall I had a great weekend. I am still suffering from having repeated bouts of glandular fever over the last 18 months so made sure I paced my self over the 3 nights, this meant I did not dance nearly as much as I wanted to but enough to give myself the buzz we all crave for.

The best night for me was Sunday as we hit the blues room around midnight after chilling for a few hours in the chalet and then left just before 6am. I had some great dances during this time but one will stick in my mind for a long time. I was asked to dance by a very well respected and superb dancer who I have avoided skillfully for nearly 2 years as she scares me witless. Despite my insistence that I had a broken leg and every other excuse I could think of I was not getting away so I relaxed a little and went for it. I would now like to apologize to her for being crap, I can do better honest, I was just petrified and once I realized people were also watching that made me worse. But I still loved the dance and will try much harder next time.

The pub quiz was great fun as always and it was nice to win once again. Not sure about the vanrental brothers, I think they have left me very disturbed.

Can not think of many negatives to the weekend, maybe the heat upstairs was too much on Friday and Saturday, but our solution to that was to not go up there in the evening.

Thanks go to every one of the ladies I did dance with, and the organizers.

Gent.

The best night for me was Sunday as we hit the blues room around midnight after chilling for a few hours in the chalet and then left just before 6am. I had some great dances during this time but one will stick in my mind for a long time. I was asked to dance by a very well respected and superb dancer who I have avoided skillfully for nearly 2 years as she scares me witless. Despite my insistence that I had a broken leg and every other excuse I could think of I was not getting away so I relaxed a little and went for it. I would now like to apologize to her for being crap, I can do better honest, I was just petrified and once I realized people were also watching that made me worse. But I still loved the dance and will try much harder next time.
    (quote Gentabout)

Good to see you there fella, congrats on pub quiz win.
    You'll have another chance to dance with that lady on friday!

Ahh emm maybe i am busy now on friday..

Only joking, will do better next time Val.

Gent

Thread Information