Thread: any two step up there??

any two step up there??

hey everybody. me and some work buds are going to be in your neck of the wood sfor next week for some meetings and were trying to find some bars where they do two step and other dances from these parts - TEXAS! i heard about cerock from some scotsmen we were partying with a bar in houston and they said there was good dancing - and women-at the upcomming southport party so i put it in google and found you here. are texans welcome up there and would the girls know how to dance with us???!!!

Re: any two step up there??

Hi Boots

How are you? Only just seen your post so I'm probably a bit late :-(

Texans are certainly welcome. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by two step but I hope you found a welcome and some dancing :-)

Anne

If you want to do a lil' two stepping you need to check out the linedancing clubs. You wont find twostepping at ceroc clubs. Ceroc is like a dumbed down version of east coast swing, good music though and very much lead and follow

If you are in the Glasgow Area you could try the Grand Ole Opry in Govan which has country and western music and dancing.

Hope you enjoy your visit to Scotland

Hi, Boots. My friend and I will be traveling from the US for the Southport event and other ceroc classes. We have had a great time doing two-step in Houston, Austin, and other places. I can't tell you what the options are at Southport because it's my first time there, but would be happy to have a twirl. Also, could you bring some Texas Toast?

Quote Originally Posted by Choc Chip View Post
    Hi Boots

How are you? Only just seen your post so I'm probably a bit late :-(

Texans are certainly welcome. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by two step but I hope you found a welcome and some dancing :-)

Anne
    thanks for the reply. you folks dont two step? what do you do with your boots then?

Quote Originally Posted by angelblue View Post
    If you want to do a lil' two stepping you need to check out the linedancing clubs. You wont find twostepping at ceroc clubs. Ceroc is like a dumbed down version of east coast swing, good music though and very much lead and follow
    sounds like you know how to dance country. any good bars in london or farther north for it? sounds like ceroc will be good for us becuase i am dumbed down too!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlecat View Post
    If you are in the Glasgow Area you could try the Grand Ole Opry in Govan which has country and western music and dancing.

Hope you enjoy your visit to Scotland
    there we go, but i dont think we are going to be able to drive all the way up to glasgow. are there any good ones in london?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Hi, Boots. My friend and I will be traveling from the US for the Southport event and other ceroc classes. We have had a great time doing two-step in Houston, Austin, and other places. I can't tell you what the options are at Southport because it's my first time there, but would be happy to have a twirl. Also, could you bring some Texas Toast?
    now this is what i like to hear! some good ole' texas dancing gals! my job is in houston so i dont make it over to austin much since college. i do most of my honky-tonkin at Eddies - have you ever been there? maybe i gave you a twirl before!

i don't think me and the guys are bringing any texas toast, but plenty of TEXAS LONGHORN BEEF! HOOK EM HORNS!!!!

the boss 86ed the trip outside of London because he wants us to entertain the clients instead and he doesn't want us driving anywhere (probably a good idea ). which means Im sure we will wind up in another 'gentlemens club' if you know what I mean. myself, i would rather dance with the gals then pay good money to watch em 'dance', but I am not the boss (YET! ) maybe I'll get to learn this dumbed down dance and show you all a little boot scootin some other time. are there any bars in London where good old rednecks are welcome

There's always The Texas Embassy, just off Trafalgar Square, or The Roadhouse in Covent Garden.

Commercial Operator

I've seen lots of two stepping at Rockabilly orientated Rock & Roll gigs have a look at PLANET JIVE

thanks for the tips guys. i put the embassy in google it sounds like our kind of place!! it will be good to get some home cooking texmex ( i have been warned about the food ) i will look up the other dancing spots to. have any of you folks been to Houston? maybe we partyed with you there. we dance at Eddies and the Whip Club. hey lemon head have you ever been there ? we could have danced together already!!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    thanks for the tips guys. i put the embassy in google it sounds like our kind of place!! it will be good to get some home cooking texmex ( i have been warned about the food ) i will look up the other dancing spots to. have any of you folks been to Houston? maybe we partyed with you there. we dance at Eddies and the Whip Club. hey lemon head have you ever been there ? we could have danced together already!!
    Welcome to England Boots. Yep, Been to Houston a couple of times and hopefully back again soon. My thing is WCS although I have 2stepped around the Wild West on Richmond a couple of times. But for me its gotta be the Big Easy blues bar on Kirby Drive maybe the Concert Pub on a Wednesday night. Always like to finish a good night out though with early breakfast at the House of Pies on westheimer.

If you do the WC swing thing theres a dance on in the Green Man Pub in Kingsbury this Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
    Welcome to England Boots. Yep, Been to Houston a couple of times and hopefully back again soon. My thing is WCS although I have 2stepped around the Wild West on Richmond a couple of times. But for me its gotta be the Big Easy blues bar on Kirby Drive maybe the Concert Pub on a Wednesday night. Always like to finish a good night out though with early breakfast at the House of Pies on westheimer.

If you do the WC swing thing theres a dance on in the Green Man Pub in Kingsbury this Sat.
    thanthna

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post

OOPS. thank you for the warm welcome. i will see if the guys are interested for next week. i don't know if we can go to kingsbury because we won't be able to drive. any good west coast swing bars in London? i'm not too good but i can fake it!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    OOPS. thank you for the warm welcome. i will see if the guys are interested for next week. i don't know if we can go to kingsbury because we won't be able to drive. any good west coast swing bars in London? i'm not too good but i can fake it!
    Sadly it doesnt work that way over here, theres not much in the way of dancing in bars/pubs, people tend to concentrate on serious art of drinking only!

Theres a big Ceroc dance on in Hammersmith Town Hall this Saturday night thats within affordable Cab ride of central London.

Hope you find some decent entertainment whilst youre here, good luck!!

Hi yall thanks for the ideas. we all had a heck of time in your fair kingdom. we amde it out the the TEXAS embassy and got a good meal!!! my buds were right about the ladies in london! we also went to someplace called the aint no thing blues bar where they were playin some kinda songs like the stray cats. if you saw 5 good ole boys in big brown hats that was us!

Thread Information