Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone for RL?

Re: Anyone for RL?

Despite you being from the wrong side of the pennines and the cobbled end of the M62 i would happily have gone to watch. I am exiled in the north of Scotland though!

I love Scotland but miss Yorkshire

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Quote Originally Posted by Choc Chip View Post
    Despite you being from the wrong side of the pennines and the cobbled end of the M62 i would happily have gone to watch. I am exiled in the north of Scotland though!

I love Scotland but miss Yorkshire

Yeah, Yah love us really don't you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    But they are going to have to work out a way to deal with the Gold Coast Titans....
    Sorry, but I can't see the Titans winning anything this year; the reason being their woeful record away from home. They're been lucky as most of their early matches have been home games; we'll have to see how they cope later on? I suppose they aren't loosing too many players to State of Origin duties; anyone want to admit to being a New South Wales supporter?

I went to the 2003 Rugby Union World Cup final match in Sydney. England vs. Australia.

I was sitting in the staduim, with Aussie's, New Zealander's (who were crying most of the time, having expected their team to be in the final) and English suporters.

No trouble at all, and in the bar after... no trouble at all, just congratulations being given out to the English suporters by the Aussies and Kiwi's.
    Another thing I've noticed is that the gender mix of the spectators is much better in RL than soccer (and seems to be better in RL than Union as well, at least here in Queensland). It's common to see groups of girls going to the RL matches, in a way I never saw in soccer matches in the UK. The crowds may be a little less vocal than a British soccer crowd, but it's definitely a far less uncomfortable place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    Sorry, but I can't see the Titans winning anything this year; the reason being their woeful record away from home. They're been lucky as most of their early matches have been home games; we'll have to see how they cope later on?
    I guess, but being one game up, and 2 points up, and second in the league... ain't too bad... and winning ALL your home games ain't too bad either.

I guess time will tell, if the Broncos win at home against the Titans...

The big advantage being, the home stadium for the Titans, is a 20 min walk from my house So all good.

I guess, but being one game up, and 2 points up, and second in the league... ain't too bad... and winning ALL your home games ain't too bad either.

I guess time will tell, if the Broncos win at home against the Titans...

The big advantage being, the home stadium for the Titans, is a 20 min walk from my house So all good.
    Roll on the weekend of 22 to 25 August, and we'll see who is actually best. I wonder if the match will be as good as last year (with a golden point win kicked by Darren Lockyear)

Being 20 mins walk from the Titan's stadium sounds good - the only problem is that there is nowhere to get a drink close but outside the stadium. Are the sightlines within the stadium as good as advertised?

Anyone else keen to keep PaulF company at the footy?

you're not bad mezzo

What's the difference between Rugby League and Rugby Union?

Well, someone had to ask.

Rhythmn King used to play Rugby, but it's much more dangerous than football.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    What's the difference between Rugby League and Rugby Union?

Well, someone had to ask.

Rhythmn King used to play Rugby, but it's much more dangerous than football.

You have had a few insites within this thread....

Basic stuff, rugby union, you keep playing until you do a "foul" and the opponents get the ball, or until they "win" the ball.

Rugby League (invented to apparently make it more interesting) - you fall over a few times, then hand the ball to the other side, and see if they can do better....

You have had a few insites within this thread....

Basic stuff, rugby union, you keep playing until you do a "foul" and the opponents get the ball, or until they "win" the ball.

Rugby League (invented to apparently make it more interesting) - you fall over a few times, then hand the ball to the other side, and see if they can do better....
    So Rugby League has a scrum, but Rugby Union doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    So Rugby League has a scrum, but Rugby Union doesn't?
    um, not really, did I mention scrum?

Thread Information