Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: BNP good or bad for British Poltics ?

Re: BNP good or bad for British Poltics ?

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Britain 'accidently' bomb berlin cira may 1940

Hitler had no intension of bombing cities before that he wanted still to make peace with Britain

It saved our nation

Before that Hitler was just bombing airplanes/runways etc and we were very close to being thrashed and an invasion would have followed
    Yeah, I heard that a long time ago, about the Blitz being 'only' retaliation - we bombed civilians first. Have you got a reference for that, stewart?

(PS - I doubt if it was Berlin - we couldn't reach it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Yeah, I heard that a long time ago, about the Blitz being 'only' retaliation - we bombed civilians first. Have you got a reference for that, stewart?

(PS - I doubt if it was Berlin - we couldn't reach it.)
    Bombing of Berlin
    says: The first RAF bombing attack on Berlin took place in December 1941.

but:
    This article appeared in the Guardian on Tuesday August 27 1940 . Armament factories in the Berlin area were bombed by the RAF in widespread raids during Sunday night. Ground defences on the outskirts of the capital were also attacked. The weather was unfavourable.

An air-raid alarm was sounded in Berlin at 12:40 this morning. The "All clear" was given at 1:22.

----
    I have seen a report that the first bomb that fell killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.

There had been a "no bombing of civilians" agreement but allegedly a German bomber aborted it mission and unloaded its bombs not realising ( or perhaps not caring) that it was over London. The film has it that the crew were called to Berlin to explain themselves and were there when the raid happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    Bombing of Berlin
    says: The first RAF bombing attack on Berlin took place in December 1941.

but:
    This article appeared in the Guardian on Tuesday August 27 1940 . Armament factories in the Berlin area were bombed by the RAF in widespread raids during Sunday night. Ground defences on the outskirts of the capital were also attacked. The weather was unfavourable.

An air-raid alarm was sounded in Berlin at 12:40 this morning. The "All clear" was given at 1:22.

----
    I have seen a report that the first bomb that fell killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.

There had been a "no bombing of civilians" agreement but allegedly a German bomber aborted it mission and unloaded its bombs not realising ( or perhaps not caring) that it was over London. The film has it that the crew were called to Berlin to explain themselves and were there when the raid happened.
    Interesting. Whatever the Guardian said in 1940 (and don't forget, Churchill didn't have Goebbels but he had a propoganda department, making post-war statements more reliable) my current understanding is that the practical operational range of RAF bombers did not reach Berlin until well after the London Blitz. The Avro Lancaster, for example, didn't come into service until 1942 which would have been around the same time as US units equipped with B-17s would have begun operating from the UK.

It's perfectly possible, however, for reasons that were not strictly tactical or strategic, that the RAF got a handful of aircraft to Berlin airspace somewhat earlier than 1942 for the purpose of dropping a few hundredweight of bombs so that it could say "We bombed Berlin!"

Germany, on the other hand, could launch its Dorniers from airfields in Holland and Belgium from which London was well within reach.

I've just checked, however, and the range of the Wellington was 1800 miles; distance from London to Berlin is about 600 miles. Add 100 miles (you don't keep your big 'ol bombers in the closest airfields to enemy territory) and the Welly should have been able to do it. I suspect that a) that range is a best case scenario; and b) in 1940/41/42 the RAF couldn't fly over Germany/occupied countries and so the Berlin run would have meant flying up the North Sea and attacking Berlin from the Baltic.

The range of the Lanc was 2,700 miles, which is much better, although again I suspect that is a 'best case' analysis.

The problem of fighter cover was still acute. It wasn't until 1944 that it was available all the way to Berlin.

... It's perfectly possible, however, for reasons that were not strictly tactical or strategic, that the RAF got a handful of aircraft to Berlin airspace somewhat earlier than 1942 for the purpose of dropping a few hundredweight of bombs so that it could say "We bombed Berlin!"...
    Goebels had bragged that the RAF would never bomb Berlin. The bombing was strategic in that morale boosting and destroying are strategic objectives. The knee-jerk reaction was because of the humiliation of the Nazi leadership.

[

Well I read England started it re an 'accident'. Ill see if I can find the source

Goebels had bragged that the RAF would never bomb Berlin. The bombing was strategic in that morale boosting and destroying are strategic objectives. The knee-jerk reaction was because of the humiliation of the Nazi leadership.
    Yes, I remember Goebbels' boast now you remind me.

Take your point about strategic objectives; arguably the objective was one in the eye for the Nazi muckimucks and not much in the way of morale boosting, but...

Juju

I just happened to stumble on this delightful forum whilst researching something else. Plenty of BNP supporters contributing to this.

Stormfront Britain - Stormfront White Nationalist Community

Quote Originally Posted by Juju View Post
    I just happened to stumble on this delightful forum whilst researching something else. Plenty of BNP supporters contributing to this.

How weird is that? It looks just like this forum but less opinionated.

I might join so I can ruffle a few feathers Having read a few posts, most of the forum members seem to have had their brains removed at one point or another.

Hazardouswaster has a delightful signature at the bottom of his posts. I think he is tying to tell us something...

"The conditions in which blacks live are the result, not the cause, of low intelligence."
    Last edited by Double Trouble; 24th-May-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Juju

The bits which tend to stick in the mind for me are the hilarious anecdote about the African lady getting bitten by a dog, and the 'ten things you hate about p***s' thread....

Juju

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    How weird is that? It looks just like this forum but less opinionated.

It seems the BNP is good for British Politics in that it highlights the fact that these dark forces are still around.

Rather like "The Lord of the Rings"

I'm on Gandalf's team.

Wow, they're a venomous bunch. Apart from being so stupid they probably think they can see their own ears.

Juju

Wow, they're a venomous bunch. Apart from being so stupid they probably think they can see their own ears.
    Actually, what struck me was the fact that a lot of them were pretty good writers. Worrying.

Actually, what struck me was the fact that a lot of them were pretty good writers. Worrying.
    We must have readmmmd i f f e r e n tmmmposts!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

We must have readmmmd i f f e r e n tmmmposts!
    i think he must have got really lucky if he came across good writers in there

Juju

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    i think he must have got really lucky if he came across good writers in there
    'he'? moi???

And, content aside (obviously), some of them were quite capable of stringing together coherent sentences comprising words of more than one syllable. They're the most dangerous, right? For example, I looked at a thread called 'know your enemy' (I think), which coaches others in how to 'canvas' without accidentally letting on that one is an obnoxious racist thug.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

'he'? moi???
    Sorry, I thought Snoopy was male

Thread Information