Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BNP good or bad for British Poltics ?

BNP good or bad for British Poltics ?

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    That's not the point.

I would say that quite a lot of the people who vote for the BNP are not racist themselves, but are just sick of the way this country is run with regards to illegal immigrants, handouts and housing etc.

The BNP are trying their hardest to come across as a viable option as they know that the whole immigration issue is a soft target in this country and they can gain lots of votes.

I dont agree with the BNP in too many areas but I think its important that we acknowledge that they are a long way removed from 'send them all back to the Congo' type stuff of the 1970s

We cant 'talk' about immigration without being called racist. Do they offer a way for main stream to one day 'debate' real issues without running scared ?

The country has no guts to do what Australia recently did

BBC NEWS | UK | Australia deports UK paedophile

We dont dare deport killers back to their homelands as it would infringe their human rights

----------------------
    The BNP campaign focused heavily on tackling crime and stopping recent immigrants jumping ahead of people who had been on council housing waiting lists for a long time.

There were also pledges to scrap the congestion charge, pull out of the EU, plant more fruit trees and provide solar panels on public buildings.

But immigration is the BNP's best known policy area - they want an immediate halt to it, deportation of all illegal immigrants and they propose offering money for "voluntary resettlement whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin".
    ----------------------------

Re: BNP good or bad for British Poltics ?

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    We cant 'talk' about immigration without being called racist. Do they offer a way for main stream to one day 'debate' real issues without running scared ?

I think it's good to have opinions aired so that they can be debated, even if the opinions are undesirable.

I don't believe that the BNP are a straight-up bunch, so I wouldn't be able to vote for them. When a young boy from Glasgow was murdered by a gang of asian men, the BNP were very quickly in the area trying to stir up racial tensions. I don't trust them to behave with decency, so I don't trust their manifesto.

Cool Re: BNP good or bad for British Poltics ?

I would not put my support behind any group that is motivated by hatred. The BNP may have a more polished act these days, but scratch lightly at the highly polished walnut veneer of respectability and it is the usual ultra right wing rotted maggot infested wood underneath.

I support the BNP's right to have and hold their views, so long as they keep themselves within the law - something they do seem to struggle with.

There is room for debate in any political system without 'needing' fascists to drive it. I am ashamed to say that the BNP gained seats on my local council this election. How people can be so dim as to vote for an organisation like this is beyond me. I have always wanted to ask a BNP candidate, if in a hypothetical world they were able to remove every non-British-white person from the country - who they would then blame the ails of the country upon.

I am pleased to report that the guy I voted for (an Independent who opposed the fortnightly bin collection idea) was successfully elected on a manifesto of local policies. None of which involved shaving your head, rolling up the bottoms of one's brace-clad blue jeans and squirting fecal matter through the letter boxes of the local take-aways.

Should we have the BNP - yes!
    Should you vote for them - no!

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    I would not put my support behind any group that is motivated by hatred. The BNP may have a more polished act these days, but scratch lightly at the highly polished walnut veneer of respectability and it is the usual ultra right wing rotted maggot infested wood underneath.

I support the BNP's right to have and hold their views, so long as they keep themselves within the law - something they do seem to struggle with.

There is room for debate in any political system without 'needing' fascists to drive it. I am ashamed to say that the BNP gained seats on my local council this election. How people can be so dim as to vote for an organisation like this is beyond me. I have always wanted to ask a BNP candidate, if in a hypothetical world they were able to remove every non-British-white person from the country - who they would then blame the ails of the country upon.

IMO Extreme parties are dangerous, and history should teach us a lesson er ....... Hitler, Pol Pot, Mugabe,Miloslevic
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

if in a hypothetical world they were able to remove every non-British-white person from the country - who they would then blame the ails of the country upon.
    I didn't think the BNP were against non-British, non-white people. I thought they were campaigning against the whole supporting of illegal immigrants with benefits and housing, etc, which might sound quite attractive to your average British Joe.

You do hear so many terrible stories about their members though. No matter how much credibility they try to muster, you still can't get the image out of your mind of a bunch of brain dead thugs, with swastikas tattooed on their forehead and a fundamental hatred for absolutely everyone. No amount of spin can erase that image.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    You do hear so many terrible stories about their members though. No matter how much credibility they try to muster, you still can't get the image out of your mind of a bunch of brain dead thugs, with swastikas tattooed on their forehead and a fundamental hatred for absolutely everyone. No amount of spin can erase that image.

No, thats the Tories you're thinking of.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post

IMO Extreme parties are dangerous, and history should teach us a lesson er ....... Hitler, Pol Pot, Mugabe,Miloslevic, StokeBloke
    Hmmm, on the rare occasions that dictators allow elections, don't they tell everyone who they should vote for?

But do they allow main parties to at least talk about imigration etc ?

Doesnt extreme focus the centre ?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Hmmm, on the rare occasions that dictators allow elections, don't they tell everyone who they should vote for?
    No, they just ignore the "wrong" votes (or in the case of Zimbabwe, demand a recount despite not having announced any results that need recounted ) Hitler got voted in legally, and then banned all other political parties. I assume many dicatatorships are the result of a violent coup instead.

I'd vote for stokebloke as "dictator for life"

I wonder if the BNP would ever be able to shake the image they have.

People have mentioned that they see through the facade that the BNP are now putting forward. Is this going to be the case forever or can a party with a sketchy history ever change their ways and be accepted for it.

Will the BNP always be thought of as an extreme, radical party for ever and a day?

BTW - I didn't vote for the BNP. I know very little about it. Im just asking the question.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    I wonder if the BNP would ever be able to shake the image they have.

People have mentioned that they see through the facade that the BNP are now putting forward. Is this going to be the case forever or can a party with a sketchy history ever change their ways and be accepted for it.
    Why not? We used to think that the Labour party were left wing and out to look after the working man/woman/family. They have certainly changed that image now!

There is nothing wrong with debating Immigration as long as you consider that immigrants are individuals not a group. They come to this country for many reasons, including escaping persecution and for economical reasons. What is wrong with an individual wishing to come to the UK to improve their life?

The BNP are formed from a group of thugs that have a background in intimidation, they now masquerade as reasonable people but dig deeper into their backgrounds and they are anything other than reasonable.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    The BNP are formed from a group of thugs that have a background in intimidation, they now masquerade as reasonable people but dig deeper into their backgrounds and they are anything other than reasonable.

Do you have evidence that were formed from a group of thugs? And does that go for all current members or just the founders?

The BNP are formed from a group of thugs that have a background in intimidation, they now masquerade as reasonable people but dig deeper into their backgrounds and they are anything other than reasonable
    Im not disagreeing with you but I am wondering how far back we should go when looking at things like political parties.

Ok, I think its well known that in the instance of the BNP we do not need to look back too far to find some worrying happenings but at what point do we discount this?

I would imagine that most parties and for that matter many organisations round the world are born about through, lets say, concerning histories.

If we did not hear about wrongdoings from the BNP in the next 10 years do we then consider them to be a legitimate party and drop the tag we place on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Do you have evidence that were formed from a group of thugs? And does that go for all current members or just the founders?
    Thats kind of what I wanted to ask. I just dont have the ability to do so in under 100 words

The other thing that I am unsure of is exactly how the BNP have been reported. I dont deny that they have done bad things but I have begun to treat the reporting media with a more cautious outlook recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    I am talking about the founders here are a couple of link that you amy feel evidence my remarks

Nick Griffin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4697299.stm

I am pleased to report that the guy I voted for (an Independent who opposed the fortnightly bin collection idea) was successfully elected on a manifesto of local policies. None of which involved shaving your head, rolling up the bottoms of one's brace-clad blue jeans and squirting fecal matter through the letter boxes of the local take-aways.

This post is spot on.

I posted on the Mayor of London thread re. Neo Nazis.

They are similar to the BNP, in that they believe in a Pure White Race.

Neo Nazism is on the rise.

Moscow has a problem with Neo Nazi gangs. These people believe that anyone who is not a White Russian should be killed to deter any more people from Armenia and the Stans from trying to live and work in Moscow.

The fact is, that these countries were once part of the USSR before it collapsed and they are poverty stricken because the wealth did not filter down to them.

Whan you think how many Russians died fighting Hitler this is amazing.

Have they learnt nothing from History as Ruby Red says.

Commercial Operator

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3] The BNP are formed from a group of thugs that have a background in intimidation, they now masquerade as reasonable people but dig deeper into their backgrounds and they are anything other than reasonable.
    Sinn Fein??

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    Im not disagreeing with you but I am wondering how far back we should go when looking at things like political parties.

I would imagine that most parties and for that matter many organisations round the world are born about through, lets say, concerning histories.

If we did not hear about wrongdoings from the BNP in the next 10 years do we then consider them to be a legitimate party and drop the tag we place on them?
    But others may suffer in the meantime whilst you give a group with a known history the benifit of the doubt

In London, the present BMP leader - Richard Barnbrook, 47, has a seat at City Hall for Bar Dag- Barking and Dagenham.

According to some leaflets, he believes that, on crime, a woman would rather be raped than have her handbag snatched. Getting raped is less bother than replacing stuff from her handbag as rape is only sex.

This so called "leader" is a Netherthdal.

Thread Information